Sometimes you don’t have enough time to hop in the shower and give your curly hair a proper wash. Other times, you don’t want to bewilder your hair with everyday washing—since it can cause dryness and lead to other untold issues. At such times, the best dry shampoos for curly hair will do the job.
Also, if your hair produces excess sebum and makes it grow dirty quickly, you can easily use a dry shampoo to maintain it. However, not just any shampoo will do; you have to get the best of products. We have listed such products below for you to have an easy pick. Check through our list and what each one has to offer. You’ll find one that suits your exact needs.
|The best dry shampoos for curly hair||Why we love them|
|Living Proof Perfect hair Day Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo||
|OGX Refresh Revitalize Extra Strength Dry Shampoo||
|Batiste Defrizzing Dry Shampoo||
|Waterless Dry Shampoo Foam for Curly or Thick Hair||
|Dove Care Between Washes Dry Shampoo Hair Treatment||
|Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Light Tones||
|Lushy Lox Dry Shampoo Powder||
|SexyHair Big Dry Shampoo||
|Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo||
|Tigi Bed Head Matte Dry Shampoo||
- 1 Is Dry Shampoo Bad for Curly Hair?
- 2 Best Dry Shampoos for Curly Hair in 2021
- 2.1 Living Proof Perfect hair Day Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo
- 2.2 OGX Refresh Revitalize Extra Strength Dry Shampoo
- 2.3 Batiste Defrizzing Dry Shampoo
- 2.4 Waterless Dry Shampoo Foam for Curly or Thick Hair
- 2.5 Dove Care Between Washes Dry Shampoo Hair Treatment
- 2.6 Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Light Tones
- 2.7 Lushy Lox Dry Shampoo Powder
- 2.8 SexyHair Big Dry Shampoo
- 2.9 Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo
- 2.10 Tigi Bed Head Matte Dry Shampoo
- 3 Conclusion
Is Dry Shampoo Bad for Curly Hair?
Some people believe that dry shampoos are a risk to curly hair because they tend to make it frizz-inducing and drying. While that’s true, it is not entirely the case. You get to experience such problems only when you use a product with hydrating and smoothing components. To avoid choosing such a product, check out our list below, as we have handpicked the best dry shampoo products. You have nothing to worry about if you use any of the below-listed products.
Best Dry Shampoos for Curly Hair in 2021
Living Proof Perfect hair Day Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoo is an advanced innovation, a shortcut to the real thing washing with shampoo does to your hair. So, when you’re thinking of getting a product, you need one that does the job well and not anyhow product. Living Proof is that product you need with its advanced shampooing technology; it delivers exquisite results, helping your hair maintain its stability and shine for a long time.
- Leaves no textured or visible residue behind
- Cleans hair by removing odor, sweat, and extra oil
- Allows you to go longer between washes by helping to balance sebum level
- Ingredients also provide conditioning benefits such as shine, softness, and manageability
- Uses advanced powder removal system to blend ingredients into the scalp and hair
- The spray mechanism isn’t that strong and could quickly come off
- Requires intense fluffy and shaking to blend into the hair thoroughly and not leave a white cast behind
OGX Refresh Revitalize Extra Strength Dry Shampoo
Have you ever heard that your hair has a life of its own? That’s true, and OGX Refresh dry shampoo is one of the products designed to help your hair leave its energy to the full. Every added ingredient is there to ensure your curly hair holds tight and maintains whatever set its personality free.
- Infused with argan oil from Morocco and silk proteins to soften and nourish your hair
- A perfect combination of ingredients to absorb excess secreted oil
- Keeps your hair feeling fresh between washes and revitalizes or adds texture to your style
- Designed to transform hair with its luxurious and light texture
- Makes your hair look curler, fuller, bouncier, or smoother and smell irresistible
- Not great for really dirty hair: only for maintenance between considerable washing times
- It could make the hair feel heavy and dirty when overused
Batiste Defrizzing Dry Shampoo
Batiste is one of the top brands in the cosmetics industry known to produce top-notch products. Most users of the Batiste products consider them to beat any other products in the market. This dry shampoo frizzes your hair and takes the top-notch product game a little higher by making its formula lightweight and invisible. In other words, it will leave you only with clean hair and nothing else.
- Smooths spray hair with coconut extracts and scent notes of melon, grapefruit, and green apple
- Refreshes your hair and smooths out any available frizz
- Removes excess oil from the roots while it leaves your hair smoother and softer
- Leaves nothing in the form of dirt behind, but clean-feeling hair
- The invisible formula feels super lightweight on hair and leaves no white residue
- Customers say it’s not as effective as previous versions
Waterless Dry Shampoo Foam for Curly or Thick Hair
When you find a product like the Waterless dry shampoo that makes your thick or curly hair look and feel good the way only a few products can stick with it! Your hunt for something else may not translate to a good end. Besides, what could you desire for your curly hair that this product cannot offer effortlessly? It doesn’t make your hair wet and feels heavy, nor does it leave particles behind. You can expect it to deliver the best. The highlighted features below talks more about these assertions.
- Helps to clean your hair by removing buildups and excess oil secretion
- It refreshes your hair from the roots and adds a slight hold on sebum secretion
- Great for days you don’t wash, such as after the gym, when you travel or want a quick refresh throughout the day
- Has everything in its mix of ingredients that you need to maintain or clean all hair types without adding water
- It’s a paraben-free and alcohol-free dry shampoo foam
- Makes the hair feel heavy and wet at first but balances up after a while
- It can leave white particles behind if not blended well, but it’ll eventually melt away
Dove Care Between Washes Dry Shampoo Hair Treatment
On days you are short on time and need a product that can guarantee your hair reshaping, refreshing, and rehydration, take a reach for Dove Care dry shampoo. This product is another way to celebrate your hair’s natural beauty between washes. It redefines your hair feeling when it would have been carved-in to environmental pressure and ensures that your hair—especially curly hair types—stays looking its best.
- Absorbs oil, odor, and sweat
- Delivers an all-day fresh scent
- Helps you easily remove the powders from your hair to give you clean and presentable hair
- It is paraben-free, silicone-free, cruelty-free, and phthalate-free
- Use in small quantity if your hair doesn’t produce oil in excess: it can make the hair feel dry
- Smells pleasant, but strongly: might want to apply in small quantity to avoid choking others
Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Light Tones
This Moroccanoil Dry shampoo speaks the language of light-colored curly hair during the days between washes. It instantly cleanses your hair, absorbing excess oil secreted without leaving particles behind. The only thing it leaves behind is the Moroccanoil signature scent which absorbs odors and makes your hair smell clean.
- Formulated from naturally derived ingredients
- Perfect for all hair types, including curly, straight, coarse, fine, and everything in between
- Naturally absorbs odors and excess oil when you can’t shampoo your hair
- Provides lift and volume for a perfect second-day hair and refreshing boost
- No Silicones, no Dyes, no Parabens, no Phthalates, no Gluten, and no Sulfate Surfactants
- It could make the hair feel heavy and wet
- The smell doesn’t last for long
Lushy Lox Dry Shampoo Powder
The easiest way to rejuvenate your hair is with Lushy Lox dry shampoo. It contains a minimal and natural ingredient known for hair-reviving and maintains the structure for curly hair. It naturally blends into the hair and helps to extend your wash time-interval.
- It’s a lightweight texturizing dry shampoo that refreshes your hairstyles
- Contains consciously chosen ingredients for vegan performance-driven formulas
- Has ingredients that are perfect for providing long-lasting performance
- Has a strong and overpowering scent and should be applied moderately
SexyHair Big Dry Shampoo
The design of SexyHair Dry shampoo affords you the opportunity to create a high volume look. Its combination of ingredients delivers an unmatched thickening and volume to nourish, replenish, and maintain your hair in a way that makes a big statement.
- Builds volume and works on your hair body for up to 48 Hours
- Absorbs excess oil, impurities and helps to balance oil secretion level
- The content is transparent, and it provides a residue-free finish
- Formulated for curly, fine, coarse, and medium hair types
- Its ingredients buildup is perfect for life on the move
- It would leave your hair feeling heavy and crispy
Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo
Redken goes to the root of your hair to begin work from the inside out. It also works on the excess oil that usually exists on the surface of your scalp and underneath your hair. Therefore, it will extend and maintain your hairstyle, at least until you’re ready to take a proper wash.
- Formulated with rice starch to absorb excess oil
- Removes heavy oil and provides cooling sensation while at it, for a refreshed and clean-feeling hair
- Fights odor, dirt, and oiliness from the root
- Offers maximum oil absorption for a clean feel for all hair types
- Refreshes the hair, leaving it looking and feeling clean
- Some customers didn’t find it smell pleasant
- It could leave the hair heavy and weighed down
Tigi Bed Head Matte Dry Shampoo
Tigi is a dry shampoo that provides your hairstyle a beautiful finish even on the day you’re short on time. It uses its super fine powder formula to absorb excess oil and refresh greasy hair. It also gives a light hold to your hair texture.
- Absorbs the excess oils that weigh down your hair
- Great for any hair texture and hair length
- Leaves your hair feeling clean and refreshed!
- Encourages even light refraction across the hair’s surface
- Uses refractive index matching technology for a clear and even finish
- Tends to leave white particles behind
- Scent too strong and overpowering
Now that you have this list of the best dry shampoo for curly hair, you have an edge at overcoming issues that most people struggle to overcome. We made it available for your convenience. Now, all you have to do is read through the characteristics of each product and pick the one you find most suitable for you and your budget. Good luck!