Does your face feel tight after washing? Is it flaky after shaving? Then it’s time to try the best men’s face wash for dry skin. (And maybe you need moisturizer, too).
Is there a difference between men’s and women’s skin? Studies say yes (1). Men tend to have thicker, oilier skin, which is why it’s harder to find a dry skin face wash for guys. Many cleansers that are suitable for oily skin and pimples just don’t provide enough hydration.
Instead, check out the best moisturizing face washes for men below.
|The best men’s face washes for dry skin||Why we love them|
|NIVEA Men Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Face Wash|
|NIVEA Men Sensitive Face Wash|
|Dove Men+Care Face Wash Hydrate Plus|
|Paula's Choice PC4MEN Daily Face Wash for Men|
|MARLOWE. No. 121 Facial Cleanser for Men|
|Baxter of California Daily Face Wash for Men|
|Bulldog Natural Skincare Original Face Wash|
|Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Daily Facial Cleanser|
|CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser|
|Bioderma - Atoderm - Cleansing Oil|
Table of Contents
- Best Men’s Face Wash for Dry Skin in 2021
- NIVEA Men Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Face Wash
- NIVEA Men Sensitive Face Wash
- Dove Men+Care Face Wash Hydrate Plus
- Paula’s Choice PC4MEN Daily Face Wash for Men
- MARLOWE. No. 121 Facial Cleanser for Men
- Baxter of California Daily Face Wash for Men
- Bulldog Natural Skincare Original Face Wash
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Daily Facial Cleanser
- CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser
- Bioderma – Atoderm – Cleansing Oil
Best Men’s Face Wash for Dry Skin in 2021
NIVEA Men Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Face Wash
It may be a drugstore face wash, but it provides spectacular results for the price. It’s a soothing gel that has no trouble clearing away sweat and grime.
It has no harsh sulfates that could dry out the skin. Instead, it uses coconut-based detergents for a pleasant amount of lather. Plus there’s a touch of menthol to give it a cooling sensation.
Skin-strengthening ingredients like vitamins E and B5 (panthenol) guard against dryness, which is the whole point of using a moisturizing face wash.
Users say it has a pleasant, light scent and it leaves their skin smooth and refreshed.
On the downside, those with sensitive skin beware as it contains a few ingredients that could trigger an allergic reaction. These include an artificial fragrance midway through the ingredients list.
- Popular men’s face wash that leaves the skin refreshed
- Light masculine fragrance and a cooling sensation
- Fortified with vitamins E and B5
- Has no harsh sulfates
- Those with allergies should take a look at the next product below
NIVEA Men Sensitive Face Wash
The sensitive version of Nivea’s men’s face wash also has an artificial fragrance, but it’s the last ingredient on the list, so it’s potentially a smaller risk. Instead of coconut-based detergents, it uses good old sodium laureth sulfate to whisk away grime. That’s not such a bad thing as allergy-prone skin might take offense to the cocamidopropyl betaine that appears in the product above.
Moreover, Nivea tasked dermatologists with testing the compatibility of this face wash with sensitive skin. It’s a clear gel with a subtle masculine scent that fades soon after rinsing. It leaves the skin soft but not tight or dry. Instead of cooling menthol (which could also irritate sensitive skin), it has witch hazel, a moisturizing astringent.
Also, there are no parabens in the formula, but plenty of vitamins B5, E, and chamomile instead. The idea is to calm the skin immediately and strengthen it over time.
- Dermatologist-tested for sensitive and dry skin
- Milder ingredients with skin-soothing bonuses like vitamins and chamomile
- Refreshing and lightly scented with a masculine fragrance
Dove Men+Care Face Wash Hydrate Plus
Did you know that Dove has an entire lineup for dry skin including shave cream and lotion? The face wash lists moisturizing ingredients before any surfactants and that’s always a good sign.
Some reviewers say that their face feels better after the very first use. That’s no surprise as the formula is packed with lipids. It’s mild enough to use morning and night.
The manly scent is clean and light, plus the gel rinses clean with no residue. The only downside is that those with sensitive skin should double-check the label.
- Enriched with lipids to leave the skin comfortable and smooth
- Has a light, clean scent and rinses clean with no residue
- Improves hydration after the very first use
- Not the best choice for those with sensitive skin
Paula’s Choice PC4MEN Daily Face Wash for Men
This brand never includes artificial fragrances, parabens, or unnecessary fillers. Every product is based on science, not woo-woo.
This face wash will cleanse your skin without making it sting, leaving it tight, or clashing with your cologne. It has the added benefit of calming redness and can be used before or after shaving.
Guys with sensitive skin who’ve tried everything else find that the investment is worth it. They love how it smells like nothing and cleanses deeply without drying.
- Science-backed formula that’s perfect for sensitive skin
- No added fragrance, menthol, alcohol, parabens, or unnecessary fillers
- Cleanses deeply and leaves the skin relaxed, clean, and smooth
- Reduces redness and can be used before or after shaving
MARLOWE. No. 121 Facial Cleanser for Men
This may be the best natural face wash for men. It features botanical extracts like willow bark, green tea, and passionflower to calm inflammation and encourage skin repair.
It cleanses grime, oil, and sweat with no stinging or burning. In fact, it calms redness, making it ideal for acne-prone complexions.
The subtle scent of vanilla and pine may make you want to wash more often with it.
- Features botanicals like willow bark, passionflower, and green tea
- Soothes inflammation and stimulates skin repair
- Subtle scent of pine and vanilla
- Pricey but addictive
Baxter of California Daily Face Wash for Men
This face cleanser doubles as a beard wash. It’s technically fragrance-free, but has a slight scent that fades very quickly. Furthermore, it has no parabens, sulfates, or harsh soap of any kind. It relies on mild coconut cleansers, so don’t be surprised when it doesn’t make a fistful of lather.
It will still do a good job on dirty skin and greasy hair. Truthfully, it can leave both your beard and face softer.
What’s more, it has additional benefits for dry skin. It contains skin-soothing aloe and allantoin plus caffeine, which stimulates blood circulation and potentially hair growth.
- Fragrance-free face and beard wash with no harsh soap
- Soothes and moisturizes the skin and softens facial hair
- Contains helpful ingredients like aloe, allantoin, and caffeine
Bulldog Natural Skincare Original Face Wash
Bulldog is a vegan brand that leaves out artificial colors and fragrances, parabens, and SLES (drying sulfates). This face wash doesn’t just have mild cleansers, but it’s also enriched with botanicals to repair the skin.
We know that a lot of guys skip the moisturizer. Thankfully, this is one product that might allow you to do that. It has lemon, bergamot, and geranium oil among other goodies to condition the skin.
Guys say it leaves their face feeling clean but not stripped.
- Vegan product without artificial colors, fragrances, parabens, or sulfates
- Infused with natural plant oils to condition the skin
- Cleans well and leaves the face smooth and soft
- Excellent for all but the most sensitive of skin
Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Daily Facial Cleanser
Neutrogena makes a variety of face washes. Although this one isn’t specifically targeted at men, it’s created for anyone with dry skin. It’s creamy and mild and doesn’t make suds. That’s by design because it has no drying surfactants that can strip the natural oil from the skin.
If it’s strong enough to remove makeup, it’s powerful enough for guys to use. Moreover, it’s safe for most people with sensitive skin including rosacea, eczema, or acne. The formula is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. It doesn’t have an artificial fragrance or parabens, either.
The secret to its success comes from a polyglycerin blend that draws in moisture. Massage it onto dry or damp skin and rinse with lukewarm water. It leaves no residue, it the skin will feel supple after washing.
- Designed specifically for sensitive, dry skin
- Creamy and mild with no artificial fragrance or parabens
- Suitable for faces with eczema, rosacea, and acne
- Leaves the skin supple and soft
CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser
CeraVe makes two types of face wash so be sure to grab the hydrating version for dry skin. It’s a dermatologist-recommended product made to be used morning and night.
The texture is lotion-like and it doesn’t foam up like soap. There is no scent, either. It won’t dry out the skin or clog pores.
Like all products from this brand, it has three essential ceramides to reinforce the skin’s natural barrier. There are also moisturizers like glycerin and hyaluronic acid to improve hydration.
The formula is mild enough to carry the Seal of Approval from the National Eczema Association. Users say that it cleans well and doesn’t sting their eyes.
- Hydrating with hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and essential ceramides
- No soap, no scent, and no sulfates
- Thin, lotion-like texture cleanses well without drying
- Carries the Seal of Approval from the National Eczema Association
Bioderma – Atoderm – Cleansing Oil
Guys with dry skin who want to save time and space on their shelves need to try this cleansing oil. This single product can wash the face, body, and hair. It’s an answer to prayers for guys with itchy, dry skin.
What’s more, it’s so moisturizing that it keeps everything soft and comfortable for up to 24 hours. Don’t believe us? It was clinically tested on volunteers over the course of four weeks and proven to work.
The patented formula relies on non-greasy lipids and scientific solutions like rhamnose, fructooligosaccharides, and niacinamide. It’s safe enough for washing babies.
- The ultimate space and timesaver – cleanses face, body, and hair
- Ultra-moisturizing without feeling greasy or leaving a residue
- Hydration lasts up to 24 hours
Say goodbye to tight skin and flakes. Cleanse your skin without dehydrating it with a moisturizing men’s face wash. They’ll leave your face smooth and comfortable.
We hope our reviews helped you find the skincare product you need today. We invite you to share your experience with your new face wash in the comments below.
1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6116811/ Male versus female skin: What dermatologists and cosmeticians should know, by S. Rahrovan, et al., published in the International Journal of Women’s Dermatology, September 2018, accessed online July 8, 2021