Going by published research results, we lose about nine pounds of cells every year. That’s because we are said to shed about 30,000 to 40,000 dead cells from our skin every minute of the day. When we put these all together, the natural question to ask is, if we shed this many dead cells naturally, do we still need the best body exfoliator tool?
Though it sounds logical to rely on the body’s ability to shed dead skin, it’s not the best. Scientific research, and you’ll probably confirm this fast based on personal experience, says that though our skin shed dead cells, it only shed the top layer in about a thirty days interval. However, you can accelerate this process using the body exfoliator tool.
The rate at which the skin exfoliates decreases as we get older, so aiding the shedding process with the exfoliator tools is essential as we grow in age. If not, it results in itchy, flaky, and dry skin—exfoliating is the key to avoid this imminent result.
- 1 Why is it important to exfoliate the whole body?
- 2 Best Body Exfoliator Tools in 2023
- 2.1 Shower Brush with Soft and Stiff Bristles
- 2.2 C.S.M. Body Brush for Wet or Dry Brushing
- 2.3 Avilana Silicone Exfoliating Body Scrubber
- 2.4 HONOMA Shower Body Brush with Bristles and Loofah
- 2.5 GREENRAIN Bat Body Brush with Comfy Bristles Long Handle
- 2.6 Aquis Exfoliating Back Scrubber and Deep Body Clean
- 2.7 Suntee Exfoliating Back Scrubber and Exfoliating Sponge Pad
- 2.8 DOCFLY Dual Texture Exfoliating Gloves
- 2.9 UNFORT Silicone Exfoliating Long Double Side Bath Body Brush
- 2.10 Wholesome Beauty Dry Skin Exfoliating Brush
- 3 What should you avoid when exfoliating?
- 4 Conclusion
Why is it important to exfoliate the whole body?
Most people are conversant and are probably practicing face exfoliation; however, not many people are into body exfoliation. A common question most people ask is, do I need to exfoliate my whole body too? The best answer is yes; you need to.
That’s because your entire body is made of skin, from your head to your toe. The common problem—or maybe not a problem because it’s a natural phenomenon—is that the skin sheds dead cells. Shedding these cells is not enough; they also have to fall off, and when they don’t fall off in time, they begin to clog your skin pore. That’s the cause of several skin issues that a lot of people experience. Therefore, exfoliating the entire body is not an option—it’s a necessity.
When you take it upon yourself to exfoliate your skin—using the right tools—it solves many skin issues. Not only that, they keep your skin fresh and hydrated and even out your skin tone—among many other benefits. A Pile of dead skin can leave your skin looking rough, dull, and dry, but a regular exfoliating process will free up the skin pores and allow it to absorb nutrients better.
Exfoliating with the right tools makes it easy for other skincare products to go deep into the skin, absorb the nutrient, give it moisture and feed the skin with its needed nutrients. When your skin gets this much care, you can expect it to glow and always look fresh.
Best Body Exfoliator Tools in 2023
We understand that choosing from the different available products in the market can be challenging; therefore, we came up with the best exfoliator tools. Check out our suggestion below.
Shower Brush with Soft and Stiff Bristles
This product is a two-sided brush suitable for both dry and wet exfoliation. It is a good exfoliation tool for tightening the skin when the bristle is dry. When put into hot water, it becomes softened and, therefore, it is best used for hot water bathing and body cleaning.
This product can adequately manage the skin, clean cuttings on the skin deeply and the dirt on the skin surface. It has soft nylon bristles that give you various hardness options to choose the one that best suits your needs and clean the whole body.
- It’s designed to protect sensitive skin
- It thoroughly cleans the whole body
- Provides a variety of hardness option
- Quickly touches all part of the body, including the back
- It has a non-slip rubber patch on the handle
- The bristles start falling off after some time of use
- The handles are not long enough for convenience
C.S.M. Body Brush for Wet or Dry Brushing
We all have our unique way of washing and cleaning our bodies, target areas, and individual needs. This exfoliator brush is almost everyone’s favorite because it is flexible enough to be used anywhere on the body. It’ll satisfy your requirement from the arms, belly, thigh, and your legs. It gently exfoliates your needs and keeps your skin looking radiant and youthful.
- Sturdy and soft natural bristles that get softer with each use
- It’s a wet or dry exfoliating body brush
- It stimulates the growth of collagens
- Have premium wood handle with hand strap
- Has rubber massage nodes for skin smoothness
- Made of hardwood that easily breaks when it falls over time
Avilana Silicone Exfoliating Body Scrubber
Here is a product made out of silicon. That’s because a silicon brush, such as this product, has better effectiveness in cleaning and exfoliating the body compared to using a washcloth, your hand, or even a typical bristle brush. A brush made of silicone is soft, and it’s a safe material to be used on the skin as an exfoliation tool. It is easy to wash, and by rubbing it on your skin, you stimulate blood circulation.
- It limits bacteria because anytime it gets dirty you can easily clean
- It has double sides with gentle massage and scrub on its either side
- Great for different skin types even sensitive skin
- Remove skin’s dead cells, makeup, dirt, oil and many others with ease
- Improves vascular blood circulation, helps evenly distribute excess oil
- The bristles are too long, making it difficult to clean them out
- Doesn’t work well with all kinds of soap, especially bar soap
HONOMA Shower Body Brush with Bristles and Loofah
This product is a two-in-one shower brush which makes it easy to enjoy your daily bath. It has well-arranged and soft nylon bristles that scrubs the body excellently and won’t sting in the process. It has an ergonomic curved handle for convenient grip and prevents the brush from slipping out of hand while in use.
It works both for wet and dry bath—wet for removing dirt, horny, and dead skin, dry for improving blood circulation. In general it’s a perfect shower brush for improving the skin condition. If you want a smoother skin, increase blood circulation, reduce cellulite, and stimulate lymphatic systems, then this shower brush is what you need.
- It’s a two-in-one bath brush
- Helps to revive the most sensitive skins
- Improves blood circulation and skin health
- Enhances skin quality; for men & women relieves stress
- Curved handle for a comfortable hold
- The handle is not long enough for some body parts
- The bristles flatten out over time
GREENRAIN Bat Body Brush with Comfy Bristles Long Handle
Ordinarily, we don’t get to cover specific areas on our body, or our back, in general when we take our baths since specific spaces are challenging to reach. This deficiency prompts the accumulation of dirt, skin oil, pore blockage, and skin itching. However, this exfoliating long-handle shower brush can help eliminate dirt and oil and advance the ideal skin health. Furthermore, it tends to be utilized as a dry brush to improve blood flow and skin wellbeing.
- It has comfortable nylon bristles that gently exfoliate the skin
- Promotes blood circulation and improve skin health
- The long-curved handle allows you to scrub hard-to-reach areas
- It’s easy to hang on a hook or store
- Has a firm and sturdy grip that makes the brush comfortable to hold
- The bristles, though soft, are dense
- The size of the brush head is small and won’t suit people with big body size
Aquis Exfoliating Back Scrubber and Deep Body Clean
This product is a dual-textured back scrubber designed to help you unveil the glow of your skin. One side of the scrubber has a loofa that exfoliates gently and super-soften the skin, while the other side has a woven side that refreshes and cleanses the skin. It also has two handles designed to make the product comfortable for use and after use, hanging until when next you need it.
- Has dual-textured bristles with two-sided material for different exfoliation experience
- The soft woven surface of one side gently cleans and refreshes
- The loofah-like part of the scrubber invigorates and massages the skin
- Its back strap makes it easy to treat hard-to-reach places
- It begins to tear after some time
- It shrinks when wet
Suntee Exfoliating Back Scrubber and Exfoliating Sponge Pad
This product is suitable for all body parts, including the face, neck, shoulder, thigh, feet, and back. It’s a perfect body shower exfoliating scrubber that satisfies your bath needs. It has two handles that make the scrubber very easy to use, and after a shower, the handles make it easy to store away for next time. It has a loofah-like surface texture that makes deep cleaning possible. The second side of the scrubber is a little rough such that it invigorates the body and hard-to-reach areas.
- Promotes blood circulation, revitalizes your body, and reduce stress
- It has a super-soft material that’s good for rough and dry skin
- Makes it easier to reach your entire body
- Protects our skin from harm
- A perfect bathing accessory for home or traveling
- It does not allow soap to foam
- It has a short length that makes it difficult to maneuver
DOCFLY Dual Texture Exfoliating Gloves
This bathing glove helps enhance the rate of blood flow in the body—it stimulates the blood flow towards the skin surface and gives you a healthy and radiant glow. The increase of blood flow also translates to the fast production of collagens, and with it, you reduce the sign of aging. It combines the benefits of charcoal bamboo to unclog the skin pores, cleanse the skin, promote blood circulation, remove oil, etc. these things make it possible for the skin to breathe and thereby prevent breakouts.
- Increases blood flow that gives a healthy glow
- It helps to eliminate toxins by stimulating the skin
- Highly beneficial to those who experience stiffness in some regions of the body
- Enables the skin to breathe and therefore prevent skin problems
- Cleanse the skin, unclog pores, and removes excess skin oil
- Has no hanger for storing away after use
UNFORT Silicone Exfoliating Long Double Side Bath Body Brush
When compared with other silicone shower scrubber bodies, you will discover this silicone back scrubber for showers is longer and more extensive—suitable for individuals. It can successfully shed and back rub the skin softer than the typical silicon brush and loofah. Made of quality silicone material, it is longer and stronger. It comes with non-slip handles that make it convenient for handling and maneuvering. Its artificial design not only makes it convenient to use but also easy to hang after use.
- It has a longer silicone body scrubber that’s suitable for people with different body types.
- Made from high-quality, environmentally-friendly silicon material
- It is durable and non-toxic
- Offer good exfoliating texture without being too rough
- Promotes blood circulation and serves as a form of body massage
- It doesn’t hold liquid soap.
- The bristles are pretty short.
Wholesome Beauty Dry Skin Exfoliating Brush
This product is designed to help you achieve an at-home detoxifying lymphatic massage. It promotes blood flow and purifies the skin using its ethically cultivated and harvested juice fiber. It effectively works to exfoliate dead skin cells, stimulate collagen production, and revive cells for fresh and enjoyable skin. It makes the skin more even, brighter, toner, and smoother from head to toe.
- Made of the highest quality materials only
- Has natural bristles of the finest grade
- Its handles are made of smooth and polished wood
- It comes with a travel bag and hooks for easy storage and travel
- Improves blood circulation for smoother and glowing skin
- The brush crack after a while of use
- The bristles fall out one after another until they are no longer suitable for use.
What should you avoid when exfoliating?
It’s healthy to exfoliate the skin two to three times a week. However, before embarking on an exfoliating journey, you need to know some things. Some of these include;
- When you over-exfoliate the skin, it does more harm than good. Twice is good, but a maximum of three times in a week.
- Even when using the best of tools, mechanical exfoliating can damage your healthy cell and cause breakouts; therefore, do not rub too hard.
- Irritated skin should not be subjected to exfoliating—avoid it completely.
- Cleanse the skin before exfoliating, especially when you’re into dry exfoliating—avoid dirty skin exfoliation.
- Finally, oils and dirt can reduce the effect of the exfoliator; therefore, always keep your tools clean for effectiveness.
We highly recommend the products listed above for an effective exfoliating process. Check out the features of each product and pick the one that best suits your needs. You’re only this step away from having that glowing skin you’ve always desired.