When I was a kid, honeysuckle grew along the back fence of my home. I’d sneak past the bees to harvest flowers and suck the sweet nectar from them. To me, natural honeysuckle perfume smells like springtime and honey with a hint of jasmine.
If you’re also in love with the little white and yellow flowers, you’ll enjoy the best honeysuckle perfume. Check out our top picks here:
|The best honeysuckle perfumes||Why we love them|
|Honeysuckle Perfume Oil|
|Caswell-Massey New York Botanical Garden Honeysuckle Eau De Toilette|
|Demeter Honeysuckle Cologne Spray|
|Jo Malone Honeysuckle & Davana for Women Eau de Cologne Spray|
|Fresh 'Honeysuckle' Eau de Parfum|
|Estee Lauder Aerin Beauty Mediterranean Honeysuckle|
|Derek Lam 10 Crosby Drunk On Youth, Eau De Parfum|
|No. 109 Sel Océan Hair and Body Mist - Honeysuckle, Muguet, Pink Sea Salt - Gourmand by Tru Fragrance and Beauty|
|Claude Galien Eau de Cologne d'Après Nature Honeysuckle|
|Bath & Body Works Signature Collection "Wild Honeysuckle"|
As you can see, they range from pure honeysuckle perfume to layered fragrances with multiple notes. Which one is right for you? See the tips below.
Table of Contents
- How to choose a perfume
- Best Honeysuckle Perfume in 2021
- Honeysuckle Perfume Oil
- Caswell-Massey New York Botanical Garden Honeysuckle Eau De Toilette
- Demeter By Demeter For Men and Women, Honeysuckle Cologne Spray
- Jo Malone Honeysuckle & Davana for Women Eau de Cologne Spray
- Fresh ‘Honeysuckle’ Eau de Parfum
- Estee Lauder Aerin Beauty Mediterranean Honeysuckle
- Derek Lam 10 Crosby Drunk On Youth, Eau De Parfum
- No. 109 Sel Océan Hair and Body Mist – Honeysuckle, Muguet, Pink Sea Salt – Gourmand by Tru Fragrance and Beauty
- Claude Galien Eau de Cologne d’Après Nature Honeysuckle
- Bath & Body Works Signature Collection “Wild Honeysuckle” Gift Set
How to choose a perfume
The first thing to decide when choosing a perfume is whether you want a single fragrance or something layered. Most perfume descriptions will tell you if there are different notes involved.
The notes in a perfume are the various layers of aroma. Some honeysuckle perfumes are linear, which means they maintain the same fragrance the whole time. We’ll begin the reviews with a couple of those.
Others blend a variety of scents that reveal themselves over time. For example, a honeysuckle perfume may open with floral notes, but dry down to something musky, spicy, or woody.
Take a look at the popular Jo Malone fragrance that’s layered. It starts with honeysuckle and rose anchored by base notes of woody moss. You’ll notice the floral scent first. Then, as the perfume interacts with your skin’s chemistry, it gradually dries down and you’ll sense the base notes, too. How long does it take to do that? Well, it depends on the concentration.
The concentration ranges from weakest to most intense. The least concentrated fragrance category is eau de cologne which lasts about two hours. Then, there’s eau de toilette (EDT) that’s similar to body spray and endures around four hours.
Go up in price, and you can get eau de parfum which stays fragrant for about six hours. Pure parfum is the most enduring, and just a little dab will last for one or two days.
Best Honeysuckle Perfume in 2021
Honeysuckle Perfume Oil
If you’re interested in a natural honeysuckle perfume, look here. It’s made with honeysuckle essential oil and organic jojoba. The formula is extra-concentrated and packaged in a rollerball applicator.
Roll a little on the wrists and the nape of the neck to enjoy the sweet floral fragrance for the next few hours. Reviewers say it’s heavenly. Close your eyes and it’s easy to imagine you’re relaxing in a sunny garden.
It’s crafted by a company in New Mexico and contains no phthalates, artificial fragrances, alcohol, or parabens.
- Pure honeysuckle in organic jojoba oil
- Highly concentrated and long-lasting
- Packaged in a rollerball applicator
- Made in the USA with no alcohol, phthalates, artificial fragrances, or parabens
Caswell-Massey New York Botanical Garden Honeysuckle Eau De Toilette
When I take photos outdoors, I wish I could capture the scent of the ocean, the freshly cut grass, or the flowers to package with the picture. Well, this luxury brand has found a way to create “nature identical scents” including a delicious honeysuckle perfume.
It’s made in the USA using molecular samples of spring-blooming honeysuckle taken from the New York Botanical Garden.
Yes, it’s blended with a few synthetic ingredients, but it contains no parabens and is cruelty-free. Plus, it’s available in a variety of sizes.
Reviewers say the light scent is fresh and clean, lingering for hours on the skin.
- True-to-nature fragrance created from samples from honeysuckle blossoming in the New York Botanical Garden
- Light, clean scent that lingers for hours
- Cruelty-free and made in the USA
- Contains no parabens
- Available in different sizes
Demeter By Demeter For Men and Women, Honeysuckle Cologne Spray
Purists appreciate this perfume as the most realistic honeysuckle they’ve experienced. If you’ve gone on a perfume hunting expedition, you know that sometimes honeysuckle is more like gardenia or jasmine. Not this fragrance – it smells like dewy nectar.
Close your eyes and you can almost taste the little drops on your tongue. It’s intense at first but calms to an airy, fresh aroma that lasts for hours. The intense concentration means you don’t have to use much. Moreover, you can layer it with other fragrances for a custom scent.
That’s not surprising as it’s made by a family-owned perfumery with a Fragrance Library of its own. They craft each perfume in Pennsylvania.
- Delicious honeysuckle fragrance often described as the most realistic ever
- Intense and long-lasting
- Can be layered with other fragrances for a signature scent
- Made by a family-owned business in Pennsylvania
Jo Malone Honeysuckle & Davana for Women Eau de Cologne Spray
What smells go with honeysuckle? How about a honeysuckle and rose perfume like this one? Those are the heart notes of this fragrance.
But when you first spray it on, you’ll notice the fruity aroma of davana from India. It takes a few minutes to develop the rose and honeysuckle. Later on, the slightly bitter scent of woody moss will linger on the skin. It might fool you into thinking that you’ve had a lovely day strolling outdoors.
This is a beautifully crafted fragrance from the master of layering, Jo Malone. It’s eau de cologne, so you can expect it to last between 2 to 4 hours.
- Heart notes of honeysuckle and rose anchored by woody moss
- Designed by a master perfumer
- Scent lingers up to four hours
- Some wish the fragrance lasted longer
Fresh ‘Honeysuckle’ Eau de Parfum
Honeysuckle is a heart note in this perfume. It takes its place beside magnolia and jasmine. It’s not the first thing you’ll notice as it opens with peach, black currant, and ylang ylang. At the end of the day, what remains are the base notes of plum, musk, and cyclamen.
It comes from the mind of master perfumer Lev Glazer. He says the idea came from an evening stroll in a French village.
Since it’s eau de parfum, the fragrance endures six to eight hours. Welcome springtime with it or enjoy it on a summer day. It features moderate sillage, which means you’ll leave a little scented trail behind you.
- Sophisticated perfume that appeals to a wide age range
- Heart notes of honeysuckle, jasmine, and magnolia
- Created by a master perfumer, it’s a long-lasting fragrance with moderate sillage
- Not for those wanting a pure honeysuckle fragrance
Estee Lauder Aerin Beauty Mediterranean Honeysuckle
Bring the Italian coastline into your home and take a virtual vacation with this perfume. It was created with sweet floral and citrus notes including honeysuckle, bergamot, mandarin, gardenia, and lily.
It’s packaged in a pretty little rollerball that slips into a purse. Since it’s eau de parfum, the fragrance should last for an entire workday.
- Stylish blend of citrus and floral notes including honeysuckle, bergamot, and gardenia
- Fragrance lasts for hours
- Also available in a larger bottle or as body lotion
- The honeysuckle is noticeable, but not dominant
Derek Lam 10 Crosby Drunk On Youth, Eau De Parfum
How about crisp apple and honeysuckle? That sums up this luscious fragrance in a nutshell. Just because it’s called “Drunk On Youth” doesn’t mean it’s only for young people. It’s ideal for a wide age range as long as you like bright and clean scents.
The appealing aroma will bring a smile to your face and linger throughout the day. Since it has moderate sillage, you’ll be noticed without overwhelming others.
- Crisp apple and honeysuckle in a bright and clean fragrance
- Appeals to all ages
- Long-wearing with a moderate sillage
No. 109 Sel Océan Hair and Body Mist – Honeysuckle, Muguet, Pink Sea Salt – Gourmand by Tru Fragrance and Beauty
Did you ever pick up a bottle of this fragrance in Urban Outfitters? It’s a blend of honeysuckle, lily of the valley, and salty sea air. It makes me want to mimic Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music and spin joyously in a field of wildflowers.
What’s more, this is a hair and body spray that you can layer with other fragrances. It’s surprisingly long-lasting, too.
Did I mention that it’s vegan and cruelty-free?
- Delightful honeysuckle blend
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Can be layered with other scents
- Not the least expensive, but long-lasting
Claude Galien Eau de Cologne d’Après Nature Honeysuckle
This fresh fragrance is unisex and includes other notes like cypress, bergamot, oakmoss, and patchouli. It was designed by a French perfumery that’s been in business since 1901.
It’s described as 70% by volume, which means that the majority of the formula is perfume. You may notice the alcohol base at first, but it rapidly fades, leaving the floral and woody notes behind.
- Unisex fragrance with a fresh, clean blend of honeysuckle, citrus, and woody notes
- Strong concentration endures for hours, but the aroma isn’t overwhelming
- As always, those with sensitive skin should check the ingredients and do a patch test
Bath & Body Works Signature Collection “Wild Honeysuckle” Gift Set
You’ll smell like springtime with this honeysuckle body spray. Make the fragrance last longer when you use the matching shower gel and body lotion.
The light, fresh scent is clean and refreshing. Alongside the honeysuckle, you’ll notice it opens with watermelon, lemon, and honey.
The middle notes consist of rose, jasmine, orange blossom, and lily of the valley. Gradually, the base notes reveal themselves to be patchouli, peach, and musk.
- Light, clean scent of honeysuckle with other floral notes
- Comes in a body spray, shower gel, and lotion
- The aroma of the body spray by itself lasts about four hours
Honeysuckle perfume is delightful. It’s often described with terms like, “fresh, clean, and light”. One spritz can bring a smile to your face and garner lots of compliments.
We hope our reviews helped you find your new favorite perfume. If so, we’d love to hear about your experience with it. Please feel free to leave us a note below.