Are you dissatisfied with saggy, crepey skin? You’re dealing with a triple threat. First, the neck has thin skin that dehydrates easily. Next, as we age, we have less collagen and elastin to keep the skin firm. And last, there’s gravity that’s always pulling us down. Those are the reasons why you’re searching for the best treatments for neck wrinkles today.
Obviously, the best procedure for neck tightening is either plastic surgery or laser treatments. But we suspect you want to know how to get rid of neck wrinkles at home. That’s why we reviewed the best anti-aging neck treatments that won’t cost you an arm and a leg. These are products proven to smooth and firm the skin over time. Check out our favorite neck wrinkle treatments below:
|The best treatments for neck wrinkles||Why we love them|
|Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Cream||
|KLEEM Organics Neck and Chest Firming Cream with Peptides and Retinol||
|YEOUTH Neck Cream||
|Gold Bond Ultimate Neck & Chest Firming Cream||
|ACTIVSCIENCE Neck Firming Cream||
|StriVectin Tighten & Lift Advanced Neck Cream||
|Project E Beauty RED Light Therapy Machine||
- 1 What ingredients remove neck wrinkles?
- 2 Best Treatments for Neck Wrinkles in 2021
- 2.1 Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Cream
- 2.2 KLEEM Organics Neck and Chest Firming Cream with Peptides and Retinol
- 2.3 YEOUTH Neck Cream
- 2.4 Gold Bond Ultimate Neck & Chest Firming Cream
- 2.5 ACTIVSCIENCE Neck Firming Cream
- 2.6 StriVectin Tighten & Lift Advanced Neck Cream
- 2.7 Project E Beauty RED Light Therapy Machine
- 3 Conclusion
What ingredients remove neck wrinkles?
When you moisturize your face, never forget your neck. Dehydrated skin is prone to wrinkling.
The same goes for sunscreen because UV rays break down the elastin and collagen that keep the skin smooth and firm.
Beyond those basics, what else can you do to treat neck wrinkles? Our top pick is retinol, the best at-home treatment for saggy skin (1). Read the first review below and you’ll learn more about what retinol can do for you.
Second, rich moisturizers with plenty of antioxidants temporarily plump the skin and protect it from free radicals. These molecules are triggered by ultraviolet rays and environmental pollution. They cause premature aging unless they are neutralized by antioxidants.
Third, exfoliators like glycolic acid peel away dead skin to leave the surface renewed. But for deep wrinkles, it’s best to get a chemical peel at the dermatologist’s office.
Finally, red light therapy stimulates skin healing and may reduce neck wrinkles, too. Check out the last review to find out how it works.
Best Treatments for Neck Wrinkles in 2021
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Cream
When it says “rapid”, how fast does it actually work? Neutrogena did a clinical trial and discovered that using this cream daily for just a week made a noticeable improvement in the skin’s appearance.
The cream smoothes the skin and fades discoloration, eliminating fine lines and age spots. If you keep using the cream, it keeps the skin plump and young-looking, gradually reducing neck wrinkles over the course of weeks.
What is retinol and how does it work? It’s a form of vitamin A that’s used to treat acne and aging skin. It penetrates through the layers of the skin down to the dermis. Then, it protects existing collagen from breaking down and stimulates new cellular growth. At the same time, it helps the epidermis retain moisture. Those are the reasons why it makes the skin look and feel younger.
What’s more, several different trials have proven that retinol works for reducing wrinkles. Even a concentration as small as 0.4% can make a positive difference. When sold over-the-counter, the maximum concentration is 2% (2).
So, why should you trust Neutrogena’s cream? For one, it’s one of the brands most recommended by dermatologists. Also, retinol can be drying and even irritating to the skin, causing it to redden and peel. But this formula is fragrance-free and has no parabens to prevent allergic reactions. Plus, it’s packed with moisturizers like hyaluronic acid to prevent dryness and irritation.
We also like that it has a special version called Accelerated Retinol SA to help it work faster and more effectively.
What’s the downside? Well, it’s likely to sting a bit, but the sensation fades after a few minutes. The skin will probably peel after the first couple of days, but applying a moisturizer before bedtime will help.
- Effective, rapid neck wrinkle treatment from a dermatologist-recommended brand
- Clinically proven to show results within a week
- Free of artificial fragrances and parabens
- With hyaluronic acid and other moisturizers
- May sting and cause the skin to peel, but the effects are temporary
- Requires continued use to maintain young-looking skin
- May take weeks for significant wrinkle reduction
KLEEM Organics Neck and Chest Firming Cream with Peptides and Retinol
What’s the advantage of this neck firming cream versus the one above? They both feature retinol and hyaluronic acid. However, this one is packed with natural ingredients that work wonders on the skin. Plus, it comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Users say it has a light natural scent and it provides plenty of moisture for the skin. It restores firmness to flabby skin and smoothes crepey areas. Although it’s not as potent as Neutrogena’s neck cream, it’s mild enough to use twice a day.
Additional active ingredients include collagen, aloe, jojoba seed oil, and shea butter for an instant improvement in the skin’s health. Then, over time, retinol works behind the scenes to erase fine lines and wrinkles.
Lastly, it has no parabens, artificial fragrances, or unnecessary chemicals.
- Retinol plus natural ingredients make this cream mild enough to use twice a day
- Backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- No parabens or artificial fragrances
- Has excellent moisturizers like aloe, jojoba seed oil, hyaluronic acid, and shea butter
- May sting and cause the skin to peel
- Requires regular use to maintain smooth skin
- Might take weeks to see significant wrinkle reduction
YEOUTH Neck Cream
This neck firming cream does not contain retinol. It’s made for sensitive skin and free from gluten, parabens, and perfumes.
How does it work? One of the key ingredients is a stable form of vitamin C called Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate. It stimulates collagen production to strengthen the skin. Also, vitamin C is an antioxidant that wards off damage from the sun. In this formula, it’s paired with green tea that also neutralizes free radicals to slow down premature aging.
Next, there’s a molecule called Argireline that relaxes the muscles to prevent wrinkles in the first place. It works hand-in-hand with rich moisturizers like organic aloe, coconut oil, squalane, and hyaluronic acid.
Don’t forget the peptides that rebuild the skin’s structure or the licorice root that soothes inflammation and reduces discoloration.
Even with all of these benefits, we’ve only hit on the highlights here. There’s a lot more goodness packed into this jar. We also like that the cream is cruelty-free and manufactured in a cGMP facility in the USA. There’s nothing to lose as it comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Users are thrilled with the results they get from this product, which just goes to show you that there’s more than retinol that can work wonders for the skin.
- Made for sensitive skin, free of perfumes, parabens, and gluten
- Non-retinol formula with rich moisturizers and anti-aging ingredients
- Firms the neck and reduces discoloration
- Prevents new wrinkles from forming
- Cruelty-free and made in the USA
- Comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- None, although it does take a few days of twice-daily use to a few weeks for noticeable changes
Gold Bond Ultimate Neck & Chest Firming Cream
What’s the best drugstore treatment for neck wrinkles? Both men and women are having success with this firming cream. It features salicylic acid to exfoliate and help other ingredients penetrate. One application provides a boost in moisture levels for up to twenty-four hours. Of course, this translates to more supple skin.
The description mentions Stress Response Proteins. What could those be? The label lists whey protein, macadamia seed oil esters, and lentil extract, among other possibilities. These firm the skin while effective moisturizers like urea and glycerin keep the skin hydrated.
Users with mature skin find that the cream makes a huge difference. One woman tested it on a single hand and compared it to her untreated hand after a week. She exclaimed that there was a ten-year difference in appearance.
Is there a downside? We weren’t pleased to see parabens and a few other potentially irritating components. If you have sensitive skin, we recommend reading the label and doing a patch test before applying it over a large area.
- Inexpensive drugstore treatment for neck wrinkles
- Proteins, moisturizers, and exfoliators renew the skin’s appearance and texture
- Can be used on the neck, hands, and other areas of crepey or sagging skin
- Has parabens and other potential irritants
ACTIVSCIENCE Neck Firming Cream
If you prefer to avoid harsh chemicals, here’s the retinol neck cream you’re looking for. It’s fragrance-free and has no parabens, artificial colors, propylene glycol, or silicone. Feel free to use it twice a day along the jawline, neck, and décolleté. It’s good for all skin types including dry or oily.
It tightens the skin by plumping it with moisture and stimulating collagen production. It’s full of yummy nutrients your body will love, like coconut, avocado, and jojoba oils, aloe, marine collagen, and hyaluronic acid. These balance out the drying effects of the retinol.
Users say it’s surprisingly good at tightening and firming the skin. Some have seen definite improvement after only two weeks of daily applications.
- Firming cream with retinol and natural nutrients
- Highlights include hyaluronic acid, plant oils, and marine collagen
- No artificial fragrance, parabens, colors, silicone, or propylene glycol
- While it’s suggested for all skin types, those with sensitive skin might wish to do a patch test or slowly build up to daily use
StriVectin Tighten & Lift Advanced Neck Cream
Is StriVectin worth it? After all, this is the priciest neck cream we reviewed. Thankfully, it was a risk that paid off. This award-winning product is also scientifically proven to tone and firm the skin.
Not only has it taken home awards for best neck treatment from Harper’s Bazaar and NewBeauty, but clinical trials showed excellent results. Assessments done after four and eight weeks of daily use found that the cream did as promised. It smoothed horizontal neck lines, faded discoloration, and reduced sagging while also strengthening the skin’s natural barrier. Ninety percent of the users had visibly tighter, more lifted skin.
Are there any complaints? Some users would prefer that it came in a more sanitary and protective package like a tube instead of an open jar.
- Award-winning neck treatment
- Clinical trials showed that 90% of users had visibly lifted, toned skin
- Also fades dark spots
- Not cheap, but much less expensive than treatments in the dermatologist’s office
Project E Beauty RED Light Therapy Machine
Can red light firm the skin? It may sound like woo-woo magic but it works.
Red light in the 630nm wavelength improves circulation and stimulates fibroblasts which produce collagen. It helps heal the skin at a cellular level, making it helpful for reversing aging. It also happens to treat hair loss (3).
The trick to getting the most out of this red light therapy machine is to follow the directions. It’s not harmful or painful and it only takes ten minutes per session. Press the device against the skin and be patient while the light penetrates and does the job.
Moreover, you can continue to use other neck treatments like firming cream or serum as the LED light won’t interfere with them. (Just don’t use them at the same time to avoid blocking the light).
- Painless treatment can be used in conjunction with serums and neck firming creams
- Safe for sensitive skin and all skin types
- Stimulates skin healing at a cellular level, may also treat hair loss, and provide pain relief
- If each section of skin takes ten minutes to treat, doing the entire neck may require a significant investment of time (time to sit down and catch up on your favorite series)
We age and our skin breaks down. But no one said you just have to let it happen. Try one of these treatments for neck wrinkles and be patient for a few weeks. When you compare the before and after photos, you’re bound to be impressed.
We hope our reviews helped you find what you need today. If so, we’d love to hear your success story. Please feel free to leave us a comment below.
1. https://www.webmd.com/beauty/wrinkles#1 Wrinkles, accessed August 14, 2021
2. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/retinols What is retinol and how can a person use it? by Sasha Santhakumar, published on July 13, 2021, accessed August 14, 2021
3. https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/led-lights-are-they-a-cure-for-your-skin-woes LED lights: Are they a cure for your skin woes? published October 1, 2019, accessed August 14, 2021