Are you curious about the best turmeric skin care products? We were, too. We’ve heard so much about how turmeric fades hyperpigmentation and reduces acne (even maskne). It’s anti-inflammatory and a natural exfoliant to rejuvenate the skin.
How do we know about turmeric cream benefits? It’s not just anecdotal evidence – it’s been clinically studied as a treatment for skin lightening, wound healing, and chronic pain (1).
But it’s not just creams, but also turmeric soap, serum, cleansing masks, and more. Check out the best turmeric products list below:
|The best turmeric skin care products
|Why we love them
|Turmeric Soap by Aspen Kay Naturals
|FarmHouse Fresh Mighty Tighty Turmeric & Banana Tightening Mask
|Turmeric Face Mask for Sensitive Skin - Deep Pore Cleansing Mask
|Advanced Clinicals Turmeric Oil
|Medix 5.5 Vitamin C Cream w/Turmeric
|Alaffia Neem Turmeric Facial Mist
|Dermactin-TS Daily Facial Cleanser Turmeric
|Neutrogena Soothing Clear Calming Facial Mist Spray with Turmeric
|Vicco Turmeric Skin Cream
- 1 What is turmeric?
- 2 What are the side effects of turmeric?
- 3 Best Turmeric Skin Care Products in 2024
- 3.1 Turmeric Soap by Aspen Kay Naturals
- 3.2 FarmHouse Fresh Mighty Tighty Turmeric & Banana Tightening Mask
- 3.3 Turmeric Face Mask for Sensitive Skin – Deep Pore Cleansing Mask
- 3.4 Advanced Clinicals Turmeric Oil
- 3.5 Medix 5.5 Vitamin C Cream w/Turmeric
- 3.6 Alaffia Neem Turmeric Facial Mist
- 3.7 Dermactin-TS Daily Facial Cleanser Turmeric
- 3.8 Neutrogena Soothing Clear Calming Facial Mist Spray with Turmeric
- 3.9 Vicco Turmeric Skin Cream
- 4 Conclusion
What is turmeric?
Turmeric is made from the root of a type of ginger plant from Southeast Asia. The active ingredient is curcumin, a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and antioxidant. It’s been used for centuries to keep the skin young and heal skin conditions from acne to psoriasis. Although it has a bright yellowish-orange color, it’s effective for fading dark spots like acne scars.
What are the side effects of turmeric?
If you purchase turmeric as a powder for a DIY mask, cream, or soap, you’ll discover three things right away. First, it smells like dirt. Second, it stains everything yellow. And third, it’s hard to blend into other substances. That’s not to say that you can’t whip up your own skincare products at home with it. It might just be less messy to purchase something pre-formulated.
However, turmeric doesn’t have any known side effects. Go ahead, give it a try!
Best Turmeric Skin Care Products in 2024
Turmeric Soap by Aspen Kay Naturals
It takes time, but this turmeric soap can lighten discoloration like age spots, sun damage, and scars. It’s mild enough to use on the face and strong enough to cleanse the body.
The ingredients are organic and likely safe for sensitive skin unless you have a specific allergy to one of the components. There are no artificial colors, preservatives, or perfumes.
Although it’s excellent for exfoliation, it’s surprisingly moisturizing and soothing. Chamomile and calendula work together with turmeric to boost the skin’s health while sustainable palm oil and unrefined shea butter keep it supple. The soap also features kaolin and French pink clay to draw out toxins and excess oil.
Moreover, this is a product that comes with a satisfaction guarantee.
- Organic ingredients and no artificial colors, perfumes, or preservatives
- Fades discoloration on the face or body
- Anti-inflammatory benefits from turmeric, chamomile, and calendula
- Exfoliates with kaolin, and French pink clay
- Moisturizes with sustainable palm oil and unrefined shea butter
- None – just plan on using it for at least two weeks to a month to significantly fade hyperpigmentation
FarmHouse Fresh Mighty Tighty Turmeric & Banana Tightening Mask
Don’t you love it when a mask makes your face look and feel amazing? This one will tighten your pores and purify the skin, leaving it radiant. It tingles a bit and smells nice, too.
What’s the magic inside? It starts with banana pulp and peel, which is packed with vitamin A, the forerunner of retinol. It’s a potent anti-aging ingredient that stimulates collagen production. Then, there’s turmeric full of antioxidants to combat the aging process.
Meanwhile, bentonite and Illite clay pull toxins and oil from the pores and boost blood circulation. They also deliver skin-friendly minerals.
The formula is approximately 97% natural or naturally derived. Even the fragrance comes from natural sources. However, there are preservatives like phenoxyethanol.
- Purifies and tightens pores, leaves the skin firm and radiant
- Features turmeric, banana, and bentonite clay
- Pleasant fragrance and a little tingle
- Mostly natural or naturally-derived formula
- Check the label if you have sensitive skin – avoid if you have a latex allergy (because of the banana)
Turmeric Face Mask for Sensitive Skin – Deep Pore Cleansing Mask
This turmeric mask for acne-prone skin smells delicious, like citrus and herbs. It refreshes the face and calms the complexion, leaving it smooth and rejuvenated.
The base ingredient is aloe juice for plenty of healing moisture that won’t clog pores. Next, bentonite and kaolin clay draw out impurities and reduce oiliness. At the same time, lemon, orange, ginger, and eucalyptus oils purify and brighten the skin.
Lastly, turmeric oil (Curcuma longa root), Manuka honey, and MSM soothe inflammation and promote healing.
Many of the ingredients have dual functions in that they fade hyperpigmentation and exfoliate as well as prevent premature aging.
- Healing and moisturizing mask for acne-prone skin
- Exfoliates, cleanses pores, and calms inflammation
- Delicious natural fragrance
- Leaves the skin refreshed
Advanced Clinicals Turmeric Oil
What are the benefits of turmeric serum? This one makes blemishes heal faster. Use it as a spot treatment before bed to kill off a pimple or else apply it over the entire face for a clearer complexion. It’s also excellent for moisturizing dry or mature skin as it firms it, making it more supple.
No, it doesn’t have a delightful scent – it’s rather earthy, but it fades quickly. Thankfully, it’s not greasy or sticky. For maximum benefits, apply it after cleansing and before putting on night cream.
The manufacturer promises that you’ll see visible improvements within twenty-eight days or less. If not, they offer a money-back guarantee.
The American-made formula won’t stain the skin and it’s paraben-free.
- Non-staining, non-greasy, and non-sticky turmeric serum
- Clears up breakouts, hydrates dry skin, and brightens the complexion
- Made in the USA and backed by a money-back guarantee
- Not the best-smelling serum available, but the scent doesn’t last long
Medix 5.5 Vitamin C Cream w/Turmeric
What about the best turmeric cream? Can it fade dark spots? Reviewers who applied it for a few weeks straight said that it lightened scars and faded sun damage to even out skin tone. It’s a slow and steady process that goes a little faster with regular exfoliation.
Part of the secret is that the cream doesn’t just rely on turmeric. It also has vitamin C and ferulic acid to fix discoloration. Both are rich in antioxidants to help the moisturizing ingredients plump the skin. These include shea butter and aloe.
What’s nice is that the cream can be used on both the face and body as it shouldn’t clog pores or irritate sensitive skin. The formula is cruelty-free and vegan, with no parabens, dyes, formaldehyde, or mineral oil. The manufacturer offers a satisfaction guarantee as well.
- Blend of turmeric, vitamin C, and ferulic acid to tackle hyperpigmentation
- Lightweight, moisturizing formula that’s safe for the face and body
- Cruelty-free and vegan with no parabens, formaldehyde, or mineral oil
- If you have sensitive skin, it’s still wise to do a patch test as the lotion has an artificial fragrance
Alaffia Neem Turmeric Facial Mist
How about turmeric toner? This mist might be all you need to help your skin feel and look better. It feels refreshing on a hot day and helps keep shine under control.
It has an earthy herbal scent because it’s packed with purifying botanicals like neem, turmeric, tea tree, and spearmint. These alleviate redness and irritation and reduce blemishes. Then, algae and yarrow help the cells regenerate to improve the complexion.
No worries, there are no parabens, synthetic fragrances, or animal ingredients in the bottle. This is a handcrafted product made with Fair Trade ingredients.
- Refreshing toner that reduces shine and blemishes
- Packed with purifying and regenerative botanicals
- Free from parabens, artificial fragrances, and animal ingredients
- Handcrafted with Fair Trade ingredients
Dermactin-TS Daily Facial Cleanser Turmeric
Acne sucks, but this face wash is designed to combat it without dehydrating the skin. It’s made with turmeric and gentle cleansers, not harsh sulfates. It’s an anti-inflammatory formula that doesn’t just clear up breakouts but also diminishes scarring.
Reviewers say that washing with it daily prevents new pimples. It leaves the skin comfortable, calm, and smooth, with less noticeable pores.
Besides turmeric, the label lists other ingredients like licorice root and bearberry to treat hyperpigmentation, plus papaya and citric acid to exfoliate.
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-acne powers
- Features ingredients to erase hyperpigmentation
- Calming and moisturizing, leads to a noticeable reduction in breakouts
- Lists an artificial fragrance as one of the final ingredients
Neutrogena Soothing Clear Calming Facial Mist Spray with Turmeric
We heard about this spray for treating mask acne. It’s surprisingly effective at calm the skin and getting rid of pimples. But even if your mask-wearing days are past, it makes for a soothing toner. You can apply it underneath or on top of moisturizer – it doesn’t matter.
For one, it comes out in an ultrafine mist that feels refreshing. It moisturizes without feeling sticky or oily. Although it smells a little odd, the odor fades rapidly.
Furthermore, it doesn’t stain skin or clothing. It’s also been ophthalmologist-tested to be safe around the eyes.
- Lightweight moisturizing mist for acne-prone skin
- Refreshes, hydrates, and prevents acne
- Ophthalmologist-tested for sensitive eyes, won’t stain the skin
- It has an artificial fragrance, but this is a product from a dermatologist-recommended manufacturer that designs for sensitive skin
Vicco Turmeric Skin Cream
For centuries, Ayurvedic medicine has used turmeric for skin healing. This product from India builds on that foundation by blending turmeric with sandalwood. As you might imagine, it has an enchanting fragrance.
It’s recommended for treating acne and wounds, and may also even out skin tone. Also, it’s good for perking up dry skin.
- Simple formula with a high concentration of turmeric and a touch of sandalwood in a moisturizing base
- Treats acne and wounds, may even out skin tone
- Contains parabens
If you’re not getting the results you desire, switch to the best turmeric skincare products and give them a few weeks to work. You’re likely to see your complexion improve as turmeric is an excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-acne treatment. It’s safe for sensitive skin, too.
We hope our article helped you discover what you need to live healthier today. Check back soon to see new reviews of the best cosmetics and more.
1. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24085048/ Nguyen TA, Friedman AJ. Curcumin: a novel treatment for skin-related disorders. J Drugs Dermatol. 2013 Oct;12(10):1131-7. PMID: 24085048.