Are you curious about using Coenzyme Q10 to improve your skin? Maybe you’ve heard that it can make fine lines disappear. Also, as a potent antioxidant, it fixes sun damage, evens tone, and keeps the skin hydrated.
Topical CoQ10 is also gentle and non-irritating safe for almost everyone (except those with vitiligo). It can be applied twice daily. Moreover, it works well with other common skincare ingredients like hyaluronic acid and vitamin C (1).
There are so many benefits that we couldn’t resist reviewing the best CoQ10 skin care products. Here they are:
|The best Coenzyme Q10 skincare products||Why we love them|
|Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Cream||
|Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Lotion with SPF 15||
|Timeless Coenzyme Q10 Serum||
|NIVEA Q10 Active Facial Serum Pearls||
|DHC Coenzyme Q10 Cream||
|DHC CoQ10 Quick Gel Brightening Moisture||
|NIVEA Q10 plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Care||
|Advanced Clinicals CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Cream||
|NIVEA Skin Firming Lotion||
- 1 Which are the best topical CoQ10 skin care products?
- 2 How does CoQ10 help the skin?
- 3 Best CoQ10 Skin Care Products in 2023
- 3.1 Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Cream
- 3.2 Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Lotion with SPF 15
- 3.3 Timeless Coenzyme Q10 Serum
- 3.4 NIVEA Q10 Active Facial Serum Pearls
- 3.5 DHC Coenzyme Q10 Cream
- 3.6 DHC CoQ10 Quick Gel Brightening Moisture
- 3.7 NIVEA Q10 plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Care
- 3.8 Advanced Clinicals CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Cream
- 3.9 NIVEA Skin Firming Lotion
- 4 Conclusion
Which are the best topical CoQ10 skin care products?
At first, it was the Japanese brands promoting Coenzyme Q10 products. Sometimes they called it “ubiquinone skincare”, which is just another name for it. Now, Western brands have incorporated CoQ10 in everything from serums to face creams and body lotions.
As we researched, we selected the best topical ubiquinone products that are free from harmful ingredients and unnecessary additives. You can see them in the detailed reviews below.
How does CoQ10 help the skin?
We mentioned that Coenzyme Q10 products are good for everyone except persons with vitiligo. That’s because this antioxidant blocks tyrosinase that stimulates melanin production. If your skin is already patchy with white spots and having trouble producing melanin, CoQ10 may worsen the situation. On the other hand, if you’d like to fade age spots, acne scars, and other types of hyperpigmentation, Coenzyme Q10 is an excellent choice.
As an antioxidant, it guards against damage caused by free radicals from sun exposure and pollution. It helps reduce the collagen damage caused by photo-aging.
Plus, the fact that it stimulates cell activity means that skin cells are better at healing and getting rid of toxins. As cells get busier, and collagen and elastin production ramps up, fine lines start to disappear. Therefore, Coenzyme Q10 is excellent for treating mature skin because our natural levels start declining after we hit twenty.
Even if you take a Coenzyme Q10 supplement, it still reaches the skin and can reduce wrinkles over time.
Now, if you’re ready to add CoQ10 to your skincare routine, here are the best skin care products with it.
Best CoQ10 Skin Care Products in 2023
Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Cream
We’re not the only ones that think this is the best CoC10 face cream. We saw it recommended on other top beauty sites, too.
A study showed that users who applied it twice daily saw a noticeable reduction in fine lines and wrinkles after five weeks. That’s not surprising as it features Coenzyme Q10 as well as beta-carotene and vitamin E. All three ingredients are antioxidant-rich and excellent for keeping the skin firm and healthy.
Reviewers say that it wears well under makeup and sunscreen. It’s also comfortable, fast-absorbing, and non-greasy.
Furthermore, this is a dermatologist-recommended product that’s free of, parabens, artificial fragrances, and alcohol. It won’t clog pores, either. In fact, it may tighten them and make them less noticeable. Even if you aren’t worried about wrinkles and just want softer, hydrated skin, it’s a winner.
- Dermatologist-recommended and non-comedogenic
- Proven to fade fine lines and wrinkles with five weeks of twice-daily applications
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free
- Check with a dermatologist before using this product if you have vitiligo
Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Lotion with SPF 15
Save yourself a step and use moisturizer with sunscreen. Although SPF 15 isn’t enough protection for a day at the beach, it’s helpful for everyday wear. The sunscreen helps the Coenzyme Q10 do its job better because it protects against the photo-aging that the CoQ10 is fixing.
Just like the face cream above, this lotion is proven to make fine lines and wrinkles less noticeable within five weeks. However, you might want to get the face cream and the lotion instead of putting on sunscreen twice a day.
In any case, this ubiquinone product is dermatologist-tested and mild enough for sensitive skin. It doesn’t clog pores, plus it’s fragrance-free.
FYI, the active sunscreen ingredients include octinoxate, octisalate, and oxybenzone. Unfortunately, none of these chemicals are reef-safe as they may harm wildlife and waterways like the oceans and rivers.
- Moisturizer with sunscreen
- Noticeably smooths fine lines and wrinkles within five weeks
- Dermatologist-tested, non-comedogenic, and fragrance-free
- Not reef-safe
Timeless Coenzyme Q10 Serum
Which is the most effective CoQ10 product? Moisturizers are essential but they tend to sit on top of the skin and don’t penetrate as deeply as a serum with Coenzyme Q10. Apply the serum immediately after cleansing when your skin is still damp. Then prepare to enjoy CoQ10 serum benefits like silky smooth and firmer skin with fewer signs of aging.
This serum is appropriate for dry, normal, and combination skin as it adds a dose of hydration with hyaluronic acid and aloe. Alongside 2% CoQ10, it has Matrixyl 3000 which is proven to augment collagen production by 258% or more.
Happily, it’s cruelty-free and made in the USA from natural ingredients. It contains no parabens, PEGs, artificial fragrances, or dyes.
- Serum with Coenzyme Q10, Matrixyl 3000, and hyaluronic acid
- May penetrate deeper than a face cream
- No parabens, perfumes, or PEGs
- Cruelty-free and made in the USA
- None, but consult with a dermatologist before using if you have vitiligo
NIVEA Q10 Active Facial Serum Pearls
As Nivea is one of the top CoQ10 brands, we couldn’t resist including its serum with coenzyme Q10, creatine, and hyaluronic acid. But it’s not a straightforward liquid. Instead, it consists of pearls suspended in a moisturizing gel. Unlike other serums, you’ll want to put a dab in your hands and rub them together before massaging it into the skin. This breaks open the pearls to spread the anti-aging ingredients. Once it absorbs, feel free to apply moisturizer on top.
What’s interesting is that the formula doesn’t just smooth wrinkles, it also prevents them from forming in the future. Plus, the silken texture is downright addictive.
Fortunately, although the serum has an artificial fragrance, it’s one of the last ingredients. Otherwise, the formula is paraben-free and non-comedogenic.
- Moisturizing gel with hyaluronic acid, creatine, and CoQ10 pearls
- Erases and prevents lines and wrinkles
- Has an artificial fragrance (“parfum”)
DHC Coenzyme Q10 Cream
It’s a global brand now, but DHC has its roots in Japan. It offers a selection of ubiquinone or Coenzyme Q10 products including different types of face cream. This one is suitable for stressed and mature skin. It promises to restore elasticity and firmness with the help of organic olive oil.
This is an emollient cream with a medium texture that absorbs fairly quickly. However, if you plan to wear makeup, you might want to wait a few minutes before applying foundation. Still, it can be used day and night on dry, normal, and combination skin.
Lastly, it has no artificial fragrance, parabens, or dyes to irritate sensitive skin.
- CoQ10 with organic olive oil for stressed, mature skin
- Suitable for dry, normal, and combination complexions
- Can be used both night and day
- Free from artificial fragrances, parabens, and dyes
- None, but those with oily skin may prefer the product below
DHC CoQ10 Quick Gel Brightening Moisture
Here’s a Coenzyme Q10 moisturizer with a gel-like texture for combination and oily skin. That doesn’t mean that those with dry skin can’t benefit from it because it can also be used as a hydrating mask. Simply layer on a thicker amount.
It’s touted as a combination toner and face cream all-in-one because it also features vitamin C and daisy extract. As a result, it brightens the complexion while firming the texture.
Reviewers say it wears well underneath makeup because it’s not greasy or sticky. Those with dry skin can use a serum underneath or oil over the top for extra conditioning.
We checked the label and didn’t see a fragrance, parabens, or other harsh additives.
- Creamy gel moisturizer doubles as a toner
- Features CoQ10, vitamin C, and daisy extract
- Non-sticky, non-greasy, and fragrance-free
- Not the least expensive option, but many users swear by it
NIVEA Q10 plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Care
If you’re not sure where to start with coenzyme Q10 skincare products, this night cream is a safe bet. It’s been around for decades and it’s very popular in Europe. It has a typical Nivea fragrance that fades within a few minutes, but the skin-smoothing aftereffects are worth it.
With a velvety texture, it absorbs quickly, leaving the skin soft and hydrated with a dewy appearance. Daily applications ward off crow’s feet and smile lines.
- Velvety night cream that smooths and firms the skin
- Absorbs quickly, leaving a dewy appearance
- Has an artificial fragrance, but it’s the last ingredient
Advanced Clinicals CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Cream
Stock up on CoQ10 cream with this one-pound jar with a pump top. It’s a salon-quality product suitable for moisturizing both the face and body. It can fade liver spots on the hands as well as wrinkles on the face. It also helps firm crepey skin on the neck or anywhere else.
The paraben-free formula includes peptides, green tea, chamomile, and honeysuckle alongside Matrixyl 3000 for extra anti-wrinkle power. In other words, the cream doesn’t just make the skin look younger, it also reduces blotchiness and maintains a high level of hydration.
If there’s any downside, it’s the baby powder scent. A few reviewers were less than pleased about the fragrance. But happily, this is a cruelty-free product from an American brand that offers a satisfaction guarantee.
- Blend of Coenzyme Q10, Matrixyl 3000, green tea, peptides, chamomile, and honeysuckle
- Suitable for reducing wrinkles and firming crepey skin on the face and body
- Creamy but not greasy, also reduces blotchiness and redness
- Has an artificial fragrance
NIVEA Skin Firming Lotion
Let’s wrap up with CoQ10 body lotion that can boost the skin’s firmness in two weeks (with twice-daily applications). Reviewers say it helps with stretch marks, saggy skin, and crepey skin. But the best benefits come if the Firming & Toning Gel-Cream is applied first. (And that’s why we selected the set with both products.)
Although the lotion has a fragrance, it’s mild and not long-lasting. What matters more are the other potent skin-firming ingredients like shea butter, creatine, and carnitine.
- CoQ10 body lotion to firm saggy, crepey skin
- Has shea butter, carnitine, and creatine
- Lightly fragranced
Firmer, more youthful-looking skin is only a few weeks away when you use the best Coenzyme Q10 skincare products. Apply them twice daily for the best results.
We hope our reviews helped you discover your new favorite serum, face cream, and body lotion. Feel free to tell us about your experience with them in the comments below.
1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4737275/ Knott, A., Achterberg, V., Smuda, C., Mielke, H., Sperling, G., Dunckelmann, K., Vogelsang, A., Krüger, A., Schwengler, H., Behtash, M., Kristof, S., Diekmann, H., Eisenberg, T., Berroth, A., Hildebrand, J., Siegner, R., Winnefeld, M., Teuber, F., Fey, S., Möbius, J., … Blatt, T. (2015). Topical treatment with coenzyme Q10-containing formulas improves skin’s Q10 level and provides antioxidative effects. BioFactors (Oxford, England), 41(6), 383–390. https://doi.org/10.1002/biof.1239
Leave a Reply