Are you tired of dry, flaky skin? Chances are that you’re low in ceramides, the lipids that keep the skin’s barrier intact. As we age, ceramide levels decline. They are also reduced when the skin is damaged like with eczema or atopic dermatitis (1).
The good news is that you can boost ceramide levels with topical treatments. Take the best Korean ceramide creams, for example. These moisturizers rehydrate the skin and reinforce its natural barrier against moisture loss.
Celebrities like Lady Gaga, Jessica Alba, Alyssa Milano, and Kate Hudson have all discovered the joys of Korean skincare products. Now it’s time for you to give Korean moisturizers a chance, too.
- 1 Which Korean brand moisturizer is the best?
- 2 Which is better: ceramides or hyaluronic acid?
- 3 Best Korean Ceramide Creams in 2023
- 3.1 Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream
- 3.2 Holika Holika Good Cera Super Ceramide Cream
- 3.3 PURITO Dermide Cica Barrier Sleeping Pack
- 3.4 COSRX Balancium Comfort Ceramide Cream
- 3.5 ILLIYOON Ceramide Ato Cream Set
- 3.6 SKIN 1004 Madagascar Centella Soothing Cream
- 3.7 TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL Egg Mellow Cream
- 3.8 [I’m From] Rice Cream
- 4 Conclusion
Which Korean brand moisturizer is the best?
This is a tough question to answer as it depends on what kind of moisturizer you want. Top Korean brands include Dr. Jart, PURITO, Laneige, CORSX, HOLIKA HOLIKA, Sulwhasoo, and Banila Co, but not all of these companies offer ceramide creams.
However, we made it easy for you. We did the research to find the best Korean brands of ceramide cream and reviewed the products below.
Which is better: ceramides or hyaluronic acid?
Your body produces and needs both ceramides and hyaluronic acid to have healthy, hydrated skin. Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that attracts moisture and ceramides are fats or lipids that lock in the hydration. That means the best moisturizers for dry skin contain both ingredients.
Check out the best ceramide creams here:
|The best Korean ceramide creams||Why we love them|
|Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream||
|Holika Holika Good Cera Super Ceramide Cream||
|PURITO Dermide Cica Barrier Sleeping Pack||
|COSRX Balancium Comfort Ceramide Cream||
|ILLIYOON Ceramide Ato Cream Set||
|SKIN 1004 Madagascar Centella Soothing Cream||
|TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL Egg Mellow Cream||
|[I'm From] Rice Cream||
Best Korean Ceramide Creams in 2023
Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream
Here’s one of the best Korean moisturizers for sensitive skin. It’s a tube of soothing, lightweight cream that makes dry, flaky skin look and feel instantly better. Then, it helps it stay plumped with moisture throughout the day.
It features ceramides and hyaluronic acid plus a long list of other beneficial ingredients including shea butter, antioxidants, and peptides to help the skin repair itself.
The list of botanicals is pretty long, too. Highlights include beet, algae, turmeric, and artichoke. It’s like a buffet for your face!
Reviewers love it because it doesn’t burn sensitive skin or cause pimples. It even keeps eczema from flaring. If you’re currently using retinoids or other acne meds, it’s the ideal companion that prevents dryness and keeps the skin calm and comfortable.
Lastly, the dermatologist-tested formula contains no phthalates, sulfates, or parabens.
- Dermatologist-tested moisturizer suitable for sensitive skin
- Contains ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and botanicals to rehydrate and stimulate cellular repair
- Calms and comforts dry skin, plumps and smooths
- No parabens, sulfates, or phthalates
- None unless you happen to have an allergy to any of the ingredients
Holika Holika Good Cera Super Ceramide Cream
It turns out that most ceramide creams are suitable for sensitive skin, but some are better than others. This jar contains a miraculous cream with a hypoallergenic formula. If your skin gets dehydrated and itchy in the winter, the cream will save the day.
Not only is it packed with ceramides, but it also has a pH-balanced acid level to help the skin retain moisture. Applying it daily balances lipid levels and restores firmness and elasticity. It also calms redness and protects the skin with a unique technology called Pollustop. As you might guess, it guards against damage from pollution.
Reviewers say it has a buttery texture but it doesn’t feel greasy because it melts into the skin. It can be worn underneath makeup and sunscreen as it won’t pill up. Some call it the Holy Grail for rescuing winter skin.
- Rich in ceramides to balance lipid levels and restore elasticity
- pH-balanced to help the skin retain moisture
- Buttery texture that melts into the skin, non-greasy
- Wears well underneath sunscreen and makeup
- Pollustop technology protects against environmental damage
- Might be too rich a moisturizer for summertime
PURITO Dermide Cica Barrier Sleeping Pack
If you’re on the lookout for a natural ceramide cream, try PURITO’s nighttime moisturizer in a tube. The packaging is plain and functional and the cream is unscented. You’d never guess how awesome this cream is unless you enjoy reading labels or you’ve tried the moisturizer yourself.
It’s based on Ceramide NP which is similar to fats in human skin. Not only does it stop water from escaping, but it forms a barrier to keep the skin strong against environmental damage.
Next, it has hyaluronic acid to draw in moisture and refresh thirsty skin. This single ingredient can attract and hold a thousand times its weight in water.
After that, there’s Centella asiatica, also known as tiger grass or cica. It’s a common ingredient in Korean moisturizers because it accelerates wound healing and diminishes inflammation. FYI, it’s an excellent anti-acne ingredient.
Lastly, there’s squalane, another moisturizer that seals in hydration and smooths the skin. Like the other ingredients above, it’s safe for sensitive skin.
Of course, there’s no artificial fragrance, dyes, parabens, or other problematic ingredients.
- Nighttime moisturizer with ceramide, hyaluronic acid, cica, and squalane
- Hydrates and rebuilds the skin’s natural barrier
- Calms inflammation and accelerates healing
- No artificial fragrance, parabens, or dyes
COSRX Balancium Comfort Ceramide Cream
Here’s a Korean brand that uses only skin-friendly ingredients that meet the standards of Clean Beauty. Therefore, this moisturizer contains no parabens, artificial fragrance, or phthalates. It’s dermatologist-tested and hypoallergenic, plus it’s cruelty-free.
Its base is Centella asiatica leaf water, also known as cica. It quenches thirsty skin at the same time that it speeds up recovery from acne outbreaks and overly dry conditions like eczema or psoriasis. Other helpful ingredients include ceramides, niacinamide, and panthenol.
It’s a godsend if you have trouble with flaky, dry cheeks and redness because your face should bounce back to normal within a matter of days. Some reviewers also apply it to elbows and hands because it’s not greasy and doesn’t leave a residue. Happily, it wears well underneath sunscreen and makeup.
For extra hydration throughout the day (or to calm irritated skin when you’ve been wearing a mask for hours), get the matching ceramide mist from the same brand.
- Repairs extremely dry skin, calms redness
- Features cica, ceramides, panthenol, and niacinamide
- Clean Beauty, paraben-free with no artificial fragrance
ILLIYOON Ceramide Ato Cream Set
AMOREPACIFIC is a Korean company that owns several other brands you might recognize like LANEIGE, Sulwhasoo, and this one, too. Illiyoon specializes in skincare products for dry and sensitive skin.
Why get a set with four tubes of the same cream in two different sizes? Because it’s convenient so that you always have moisturizer on hand when you need it. Leave one at home, take one with you, and have a couple of extras for when you run out.
The ceramide cream is fragrance-free. Not only that, but it’s been sensitive panel tested to be free of allergens. It meets the rigorous German standards for this type of product.
If you check the label, you’ll see that it contains silicone instead of aloe or shea butter which some people are allergic to. That’s why it feels lightweight and makes the skin feel instantly smoother.
Reviewers say the texture is perfect. It locks in hydration without feeling greasy, and it won’t cause makeup to slide off. Moreover, it can be used on the face and body.
- Fragrance-free ceramide cream for dry and sensitive skin on the face and body
- Silicone-based formula seals in moisture without feeling greasy
- Has passed rigorous testing for allergens
- If you don’t love it, you’ll have extra tubes to give away as gifts
SKIN 1004 Madagascar Centella Soothing Cream
All this talk of cream is well and good unless you have oily skin or a combination complexion. However, the description is deceptive because this product is more like a gel. It’s lightweight, cooling, and soothing with a hint of peppermint, ideal for summertime. Just a little goes a long way.
It looks brown when it comes out of the tube, but it dries colorless and the subtle scent fades quickly. What we like about it is how it absorbs quickly, but leaves the skin comfortable and soft.
Key ingredients include 72% Centella asiatica with ginger root, hyaluronic acid, and ceramides. It also has skin brighteners like tranexamic acid and licorice root.
Fortunately, it contains no parabens, artificial colors, or synthetic fragrances.
- Best for oily and combination faces
- Lightweight gel with a cooling sensation
- Heals inflamed skin and restores moisture with hyaluronic acid, ceramides, Centella asiatica, and botanicals
- Brightens the complexion
- Absorbs quickly
- May not be moisturizing enough for dry skin
TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL Egg Mellow Cream
Here’s another of the best Korean moisturizers for combination skin. Just as its name suggests, it has egg in it. The egg, collagen, and fatty acids firm the skin while ceramides strengthen it. Meanwhile, niacinamide calms the complexion.
Reviewers say if they put this on at night, they wake up with refreshed, plump skin. On the downside, it has a strong fragrance and artificial colors.
- Suitable for dry and combination skin
- Firms and restores the skin’s natural barrier
- Calms redness
[I’m From] Rice Cream
How does rich and creamy sound? This is an outstanding night cream for sensitive faces. It uses ceramides derived from rice bran oil to revitalize the skin’s moisture barrier.
The formula is 41% rice bran essence and 100% non-GMO. It’s packed with both fatty acids and phytic acid. That latter ingredient provides sebum control because it absorbs excess oil to balance the complexion. Therefore, the cream re-hydrates the skin without making it greasy.
In other good news, this is a vegan product with no artificial fragrance or parabens.
- Non-GMO and vegan
- Moisturizes and balances the complexion
- Rich in fatty acids and phytic acid for sebum control
- No parabens or artificial fragrance
- It’s going to make you want to try the other I’m From rice products including serum, mask, and toner
You’re here because you’ve heard or seen that Korean skincare products have significant advantages. We agree, and we hope that these reviews helped you find the best ceramide moisturizer for your needs today.
If you’re loving your new ceramide cream, feel free to tell us about it in the comments below.
1. https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(14)01022-6/fulltext The structure, function, and importance of ceramides in skin and their use as therapeutic agents in skin-care products, Matthew H. Meckfessel, PhD, Staci Brandt, PA-C, MSMR, MBA, Published March 21, 2014 in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaad.2014.01.891
Leave a Reply