Do you wish you had cheekbones like Angelina Jolie or Halle Berry? Wouldn’t it be nice if your skin was as dewy and smooth as a Korean pop star’s? Those are just some of the reasons why people are doing facial cupping.
Cupping stimulates blood circulation and collagen production. These benefits lead to firm, toned skin. So, if you’re ready to say goodbye to wrinkles, puffiness, and saggy skin, you’re in the right place. We’ve reviewed the best facial cupping sets below.
|The best facial cupping sets||Why we love them|
|Lure Essentials GLAM Face Cupping Set||
|Lure Essentials Glass Cupping Therapy Set||
|Face Cupping Set by grace and stella||
|5 Stars United Silicone Facial Cupping Therapy Set||
|Facial Cupping Set Anti-Aging, Natural Face Lift by DoSensePro||
|BBTO Silicone Facial Cupping Set||
|Zone - 365 8-in-1 Silicone Facial Cupping Set||
- 1 What is facial cupping?
- 2 Can facial cupping damage skin?
- 3 How to do facial cupping at home
- 4 Best Facial Cupping Set in 2021
- 4.1 Lure Essentials GLAM Face Cupping Set
- 4.2 Lure Essentials Glass Cupping Therapy Set
- 4.3 Face Cupping Set by grace and stella
- 4.4 5 Stars United Silicone Facial Cupping Therapy Set
- 4.5 Facial Cupping Set Anti-Aging, Natural Face Lift by DoSensePro
- 4.6 BBTO Silicone Facial Cupping Set
- 4.7 Zone – 365 8-in-1 Silicone Facial Cupping Set
- 5 Conclusion
What is facial cupping?
Have you ever seen a martial arts movie where someone performs traditional Chinese medicine with cups pressed against the skin? Cupping is an ancient healing technique with the same basic idea of increasing blood flow. But modern facial cupping is a bit different. Most cupping sets are made of silicone, and the “cups” are small and soft to avoid stretching the skin.
The silicone cups gently pull on the epidermis without leaving marks behind – although your skin might look reddish for a little while afterward. Underneath the surface, the suction separates the different layers of tissue. It causes microtears in the body that responds with something called “sterile inflammation”. This encourages the tissue to rebuild itself stronger.
Can facial cupping damage skin?
When facial cupping is done properly, it’s painless. It shouldn’t leave bruises if you keep the cup moving. However, the rush of blood to the face might cause some people to experience nausea or dizziness (1).
Please don’t cup skin that has open wounds, broken capillaries, or any other visible damage.
How to do facial cupping at home
There are many instructional videos online to teach you how to do facial cupping at home. Still, here’s a quick overview.
Begin by applying facial oil. Then pick up the cup, squeeze it, and press it to your skin to make a seal. Release the squeeze and the vacuum inside will suck up the skin, lifting it. You can practice this on your hand or arm to see how it works.
Now, slide the cup across your skin. Whenever the cup is creating suction, keep it moving so that’s never in any place for more than a second. Once you pull it away from your skin, the suction stops.
You might focus along your jawline or cheekbones, for example. If you’re about to do a video call, you could treat the skin around your eyes to reduce puffiness or enhance your lips to make them look larger.
Best Facial Cupping Set in 2021
Lure Essentials GLAM Face Cupping Set
Let’s start with one of the most popular facial cupping kits. It comes with four cups of various sizes for different parts of the face. There’s also a silicone brush that’s handy for exfoliating or spreading facial oil with a light massage before cupping. Lastly, the manufacturer offers a free PDF with instructions.
You might recognize this as the facial cupping set featured in Self, Oprah Magazine, and Good Housekeeping. It’s from an American brand that backs its products with a satisfaction guarantee.
The two smaller silicone cups are made to treat delicate areas around the eyes and nose. The larger ones are suitable for the cheeks and forehead. Users say that the kit is like a facelift in a box. Regular five-minute cupping treatments two or three times a week will plump the skin to reduce wrinkles between the eyes and on the forehead.
- Facial cupping kit with four sizes of cups, a silicone facial brush, and instructions
- Featured in Oprah Magazine, Self, and other beauty sites
- From an American brand that offers a satisfaction guarantee
- It takes practice to use the cups properly, and it takes time to see dramatic results
Lure Essentials Glass Cupping Therapy Set
What about a professional facial cupping set? This glass cupping set is salon-quality with professional-grade tools to sculpt the skin. Choose either the two-cup or four-cup kits. Both come with a satisfaction guarantee from this American-owned brand.
Why choose glass instead of silicone? The glass cup holds its shape, allowing the flat top tip to glide smoothly over the skin. Plus, it’s made to last.
Each cup has a rubber bulb to squeeze for suction. The bulbs all look similar – it’s the tips that are different shapes and sizes. For example, the two-cup set contains a small face tip and an eye tip with a microfiber polishing cloth. Then, the four-cup set has a larger cup to firm the neck and treat cellulite on the body.
Take advantage of the free video tutorials and customer support if you have questions about techniques.
- Glass facial cupping kit with either two or four cups to treat the entire face
- The expanded kit includes a cup to treat cellulite on the body
- Comes with a microfiber polishing cloth and free tutorials
- American brand that offers a satisfaction guarantee
- Users say that the suction is stronger than the silicone cups, and that requires better technique
Face Cupping Set by grace and stella
This affordable cupping set includes four medical-grade silicone cups for the face and one for the body. They are flexible, soft, and easy to use. One reviewer commented that they feel so good that you might use them longer than the recommended time limit and end up with redness.
Besides the cups, the package comes with pure jojoba oil and a silicone scrub pad. These thoughtful additions ensure that you’re ready to start cupping from the moment you open the box. Jojoba is similar to the skin’s sebum and is an excellent carrier for essential oils. Lastly, there is a cloth bag to store everything.
The manufacturer offers a thirty-day “feel-good policy” like a satisfaction guarantee. Moreover, it’s products are cruelty-free and vegan.
- Complete kit that’s ready to use
- Different sizes of medical-grade silicone cups for the face and body
- Flexible, soft, and effective – easy to use
- Package includes jojoba oil, silicone scrub pad, and storage sack
- Manufacturer offers a thirty-day satisfaction guarantee
- We saw complaints that the scrub pad is fragile – but it’s not the main attraction anyway
5 Stars United Silicone Facial Cupping Therapy Set
If you want the full shebang although you’re on a tight budget, check out this set. It has two large and two small silicone cups for the face, neck, and décolletage. They are accompanied by a silicone scrub pad and a fabric drawstring bag for storage.
Users say that because the cups are transparent, you can see how much suction power they have by how much they lift the skin. And since they have long bodies, they are easy to grip and move.
The manufacturer recommends cupping for 10 to 15 minutes daily for at least four weeks to tone and sculpt the face. It also points out that besides improved blood circulation, cupping stimulates lymphatic drainage.
If you’re not pleased with your purchase, the company offers a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Affordably-priced kit with four silicone cups for the face, neck, and décolletage
- Cups are straightforward to grip and move for the perfect cupping technique
- Set comes with a silicone scrub pad and a storage bag
- Includes a money-back guarantee
- The cups and scrub pad come in only one color
Facial Cupping Set Anti-Aging, Natural Face Lift by DoSensePro
You don’t have to choose between cupping either your face or your body with this kit. It comes with small, medium, and large cups to treat everything from the lines around the eyes to the cellulite on the hips. They are made of soft, clear silicone and require no pump or external heat source.
There is a small, narrow cup for the delicate parts of the face, and a medium, taller cup for the forehead, jawline, cheeks, and neck. The larger cups are useful for massages anywhere on the body as a treatment can reduce tension and potentially accelerate healing.
Alongside the cups, the set includes a storage bag and a Japanese Konjac sponge. If you haven’t tried this wonderful natural sponge yet, we think you’ll like it. It’s made from plant fiber and feels hard at first until it soaks in water. Once it softens, it’s excellent for exfoliating the skin.
Like most other cupping sets, this one comes with a satisfaction guarantee.
- Cup both the face and body with this all-in-one set
- Includes four transparent silicone cups in various sizes for treating the entire face and body
- Comes with a storage bag and a Japanese Konjac sponge for exfoliating the skin
- Brand offers a satisfaction guarantee
- Set a timer because facial cupping is addictive
BBTO Silicone Facial Cupping Set
If you’re on the fence about trying facial cupping because you don’t know if you want to spend the money, check out this inexpensive set. It comes with six cups total!
So, what’s the catch? Well, there are half a dozen cups but only two different sizes: small and large. The little ones are great for around the eyes and nose and the big ones can handle the rest of the face and neck. If you don’t need the extras, you can always give them to a friend.
The package comes with a silicone scrubbie, too.
- Inexpensive set of six silicone cups in two sizes, small and large
- Comes with a silicone scrub pad
- Only two sizes of cups and no storage bag
- No mention of a satisfaction guarantee
Zone – 365 8-in-1 Silicone Facial Cupping Set
Yes, you can get black facial cups. You don’t have to settle for pink or clear. Of course, you won’t be able to see how well they lift the skin because they aren’t transparent. You’ll feel it, however. And on the other hand, who cares because black is cool.
Not only does the set include five facial cups, but they toss in a derma roller, a silicone scrubbing pad, and a travel bag. The only thing you’ll need to provide is oil.
The cups range from small to large enough to treat the body. All of them are soft silicone that’s easy to squeeze and glides over the skin.
If you’re curious, the derma roller has 0.25mm needles to stimulate collagen production. Be sure to sanitize it with rubbing alcohol before and after use. In fact, it’s a good idea to wipe down or wash the cups each time you use them as well.
- Kit comes with five different sizes of black silicone cups, a derma roller, a silicone scrub pad, and a travel bag
- Complete set for cupping the face and body
- The cups are not transparent
Sculpt and tone your body with one of the best cupping sets we reviewed above. Facial cupping plumps the skin to smooth lines and offers other benefits like lymphatic drainage. Some sets include a large cup to erase cellulite on the body, too.
We hope our reviews helped you find what you need today. If you are satisfied with your new cupping kit, we’d love to hear about your experience. We invite you to leave us a comment below.
1. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780702043529000047 Ilkay Zihni Chirali, Benefits of Cupping Therapy, Editor(s): Ilkay Zihni Chirali, Traditional Chinese Medicine Cupping Therapy (Third Edition), Churchill Livingstone, 2014, ISBN 9780702043529, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-7020-4352-9.00004-7.