Do you feel jealous when you see someone with a beautiful complexion? It might not be a serum or moisturizer that does the trick. They might be taking one of the best supplements for glowing skin.
After all, that phrase, “you are what you eat” is true. If you have a poor diet or aren’t getting enough essential nutrients, it will negatively impact your skin. But a supplement can turn the tide and help your body regenerate.
- 1 What is the best supplement for beautiful skin?
- 2 Best Supplements for Glowing Skin in 2023
- 2.1 8Greens Skin + Marine Collagen for Beautiful Skin
- 2.2 Solgar 1300 mg Omega 3-6-9 Fish Oil Supplement – Includes Flaxseed & Borage
- 2.3 NOW Supplements, Probiotic-10
- 2.4 Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder
- 2.5 HUM Glow Sweet Glow – Skin Hydration Gummy Hearts Supplement
- 2.6 Apple Cider Vinegar Gummy Vitamins by Goli Nutrition
- 3 Conclusion
What is the best supplement for beautiful skin?
The right balance of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients can improve your body’s appearance and overall health. For example, an antioxidant like vitamin E keeps the skin moisturized and defends against cellular damage caused by sun exposure. Vitamin C stimulates collagen production to keep the skin firm. And vitamin B3 and zinc calm inflammation and acne breakouts. Check out the reviews below to find the best supplement for your needs:
|The best supplements for glowing skin||Why we love them|
|8Greens Skin + Marine Collagen for Beautiful Skin||
|Solgar 1300 mg Omega 3-6-9 Fish Oil Supplement - Includes Flaxseed & Borage||
|NOW Supplements, Probiotic-10||
|Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder||
|HUM Glow Sweet Glow - Skin Hydration Gummy Hearts||
|Apple Cider Vinegar Gummy Vitamins by Goli Nutrition||
Best Supplements for Glowing Skin in 2023
8Greens Skin + Marine Collagen for Beautiful Skin
As we age, our skin produces less collagen, making it prone to wrinkles and sagging. Turn it around by supplementing your diet with extra collagen. Not only will it improve the skin’s appearance, but it also strengthens nails, ligaments, tendons, and hair.
We like this collagen supplement that’s packed with nutrients. Not only does it provide collagen and biotin derived from fish, but it’s also enriched with essential vitamins and minerals from greens like kale, broccoli, and spinach. Not to mention lots of antioxidants from green tea and alfalfa. All the plants are dehydrated before processing to stay as nutritious as possible.
One dose offers the same amount of vitamin A you get from eating 10 cups of broccoli or the same quantity of biotin from eating 187 pounds of salmon! That’s not to say that you should skip eating healthy meals. Instead, you can boost your daily diet with these effervescent tablets. No, you don’t have to swallow any pills – just drop the tablet in your drink and let it dissolve.
Moreover, the supplement is gluten-free with no preservatives or dairy ingredients. It’s only 10 calories.
Reviewers say that they feel more energetic, less bloated, and their skin is clear after taking the supplements anywhere from ten days to a few months.
- Maximum nutrition from fish and plant sources to improve overall body health
- Plenty of collagen for firmer skin, stronger nails, longer hair
- Effervescent tablets dissolve in water and other drinks
- Only 10 calories with no gluten, dairy, or preservatives
Solgar 1300 mg Omega 3-6-9 Fish Oil Supplement – Includes Flaxseed & Borage
If you’ve hesitated taking fish oil supplements because you’re worried about mercury, we hear you. That’s why we selected Solgar because they use molecular distillation to remove mercury. The supplement is purified to prevent contamination by heavy metals and PCBs.
Furthermore, there are no allergens like wheat, gluten, dairy, sugar, yeast, artificial colors or flavors. The softgels are made in small batches for freshness. They are easy to swallow and (in our experience) don’t cause fishy burps.
The oil is a blend of anchovy, sardine, and mackerel supplemented with flax and borage. It’s formulated for the perfect balance between omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. That’s both DHA and EPA.
Why should you be taking fish oil for glowing skin? For one, it reduces inflammation. If your body isn’t constantly dealing with inflammation, it can spend more time healing the skin. What’s also nice is fatty acids help the skin hold moisture so that it’s plump and firm (1).
Underneath the surface, fish oil reduces the bad kind of cholesterol and may help other health issues. If you have any questions, speak to a doctor (which you should do before starting any supplements anyway).
- Excellent for overall health, reduces inflammation, and helps the skin stay hydrated
- Perfect balance of EPA and DHA found in omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids
- Free of allergens like gluten, dairy, and artificial colors and flavors
- Molecular distilled to remove heavy metals like mercury
- Softgels that are easy to swallow – no fishy burps
NOW Supplements, Probiotic-10
You’ve heard of probiotics because they’re good for digestion. But did you know that they also affect the health of your skin and hair? A study showed that elderly mice who consumed probiotics quickly developed lustrous hair and skin (2).
Then, there’s all the anecdotal evidence from people who take probiotics and end up much healthier. They too develop radiant skin and have a healthier immune system with fewer dark spots, pimples, and less inflammation.
What are probiotics? In the case of these supplements, they are acid-resistant bacteria that colonize the gastrointestinal tract. They are beneficial organisms that help detoxify the body.
What’s more, the NOW capsules provide at least 25 billion CFU from 10 different bacterial strains that are clinically proven to boost health. They are manufactured in an American GMP-certified facility with an A rating for quality and safety.
Each capsule is free of tree nuts, shellfish, fish, eggs, milk, soy, gluten, and wheat.
Users say they have no taste and are easy to swallow. Online reviews are full of testimonials from people who are pleased with clear skin and better digestive health.
- Tasteless, odorless, easy to swallow capsules with no tree nuts, gluten, or other common allergens
- Improves digestive health which leads to clear skin and a stronger immune system
- Contains 10 acid-resistant bacterial strains that are clinically proven to be beneficial to human health
- Manufactured in a GMP-certified facility in the USA with an A-rating
Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder
How is this collagen supplement different from the first product in our reviews above? The collagen here is derived from grass-fed cattle instead of fish or plants. It’s infused with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid for extra potency.
This blend of nutrients leads to hydrated skin, stronger nails, and shinier hair. It can positively affect joint health, too.
As I mentioned earlier, the amount of collagen the body produces starts to decline as we age. Less collagen means saggy skin, wrinkles, fragile nails, and weaker joints. That’s why it’s essential to supplement the diet with extra collagen.
This is an unflavored powdered supplement that dissolves in either hot or cold liquids of any kind including soup, coffee, and juice. Take just one or two scoops per day. (The scoop’s in the jar).
It’s Paleo-friendly and Whole30 approved because it has no added sweeteners or sugar, gluten, heavy metals, or dairy. For those of you interested in amino acids, the collagen powder contains 18 amino acids, predominantly glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline.
Reviewers say it takes a few days to a few weeks to see a difference, but they’ve experienced shinier hair, less joint pain, and healthier-looking skin. They also note that it’s easier to dissolve the powder in a small amount of hot liquid and then combine it with something cold if desired.
- Potent blend of collagen, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid for radiant skin, stronger nails, shinier hair, and better joint health
- Unflavored, unsweetened powder free from gluten, heavy metals, dairy, and other additives
- Dissolves in soups, smoothies, coffee, water, etc.
- Features 18 amino acids
- The main con of all these supplements so far is that none of them are vegan
HUM Glow Sweet Glow – Skin Hydration Gummy Hearts Supplement
Let’s look at a vegan supplement. This one is designed for beautiful skin as it contains hyaluronic acid plus vitamins C and E. It’s ideal for hydrating and firming the skin, although you’ll have to take it daily and wait at least 4 weeks to see definite results. Each bottle has 60 gummies which is a one-month supply.
Can gummies actually provide enough nutrients for glowing skin? Let’s start with one of the highlighted ingredients, hyaluronic acid. You probably already recognize it from your face cream or body lotion. But did you know that you can eat hyaluronic acid to improve moisture levels in your body?
Hyaluronic acid is naturally a part of the body, specifically the skin which has about half of the total amount. In a clinical study, scientists found that consuming hyaluronic acid noticeably improved dry skin (3).
The supplement also contains amla fruit, an important source of antioxidants that protect against premature aging. And you already recognize vitamins C and E which promote a radiant complexion and firmer skin.
Happily, the gummies have no artificial colors, flavors, soy, gluten, or preservatives. They are independently tested to be pure and potent.
Users say after taking the gummies for a few weeks, they noticed that their skin seemed less dry and their complexions brighter. A few reviewers said that their acne seemed to flare for a while after starting the supplements.
- Tasty gummies with no artificial flavors, colors, gluten, soy, or preservatives
- Contain hyaluronic acid and vitamins C and E for radiant, moisturized skin
- Fortified with antioxidants to combat premature aging
- Vegan formula that’s independently tested for purity and potency
- May (temporarily) increase acne
Apple Cider Vinegar Gummy Vitamins by Goli Nutrition
If you’d like to take apple cider for your health but just can’t handle the flavor (or the smell), try these gummies. They are made with pomegranate, beetroot, and apples and there’s no hint of vinegar odor or taste.
The vegan gummies are made in the USA without gelatine, GMOs, or gluten. They feature plenty of vitamins B9 and B12 for extra energy and clear skin. They can help with digestion, too.
Reviewers say that they are very tasty and easy to eat, making it a pleasure to supplement their diets. However, a few with acne-prone skin witnessed an increase in pimples. This could be a purge from the detoxifying ingredients or the extra vitamin B12.
- Delicious vegan gummies with all the benefits of apple cider vinegar but not the flavor or taste
- Made from apples, pomegranate, and beetroot with vitamins B9 and B12
- Designed for clear skin, better digestion, and extra energy
- Free of GMOs, gelatin, and gluten and made in the USA
- Some users with acne-prone skin saw breakouts
If face creams and serums aren’t giving you glowing skin, it’s time to work on the problem from the inside out. Improving your diet with the right supplements can make all the difference for your skin’s health.
We hope our reviews helped you select the best supplement today. Stick with it for a few weeks, then let us know how it worked for you.
1. https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/health-disease/skin-health/essential-fatty-acids Oregon State University, by Giana Angelo, Ph.D., Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, reviewed by Suzanne Pilkington, Ph.D., Dermatological Sciences, Inflammation Research Group, School of Translational Medicine The University of Manchester, published 2012, accessed July 21, 2021
2. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4354898/ Probiotic ‘glow of health’: it’s more than skin deep, by SE Erdman and T Poutahidis, published March 10, 2015, accessed July 21, 2021
3. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4110621/ Ingested hyaluronan moisturizes dry skin, by Chinatsu Kawada, et al., published in Nutritional Journal on July 11, 2014, accessed July 21, 2021