Are you searching for the best almond oils for the skin? Then, you’re in the right place. Scroll down to see reviews of the best almond oils for the face, body, and hair.
Almond oil has been used since ancient times to make the skin glow with health. It heals dry skin, hair, and nails. What’s more, almond oil is inexpensive, fast-absorbing, and packed with essential nutrients.
If you’re ready to enjoy soft, supple skin, check out the best almond oils below:
|The best almond oils for skin||Why we love them|
|NOW Solutions, Sweet Almond Oil||
|Pure Body Naturals Sweet Almond Oil for Hair and Skin||
|Ancient Greek Remedy Unscented Organic Blend of Cold Pressed||
|L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil||
|Honeydew Aromatherapy Massage Oil||
|Maple Holistics Sensual Vanilla Massage Oil||
|Skinsations Cinnamon Massage & Body Oil||
|The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Butter||
- 0.1 Why is almond oil so good for the skin?
- 0.2 What can almond oil do for you?
- 0.3 Who should not use almond oil?
- 1 Best Almond Oils for the Skin in 2021
- 1.1 NOW Solutions, Sweet Almond Oil
- 1.2 Pure Body Naturals Sweet Almond Oil for Hair and Skin
- 1.3 Ancient Greek Remedy Unscented Organic Blend of Oils
- 1.4 L’Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil
- 1.5 Honeydew Aromatherapy Massage Oil
- 1.6 Maple Holistics Sensual Vanilla Massage Oil
- 1.7 Skinsations – Cinnamon Massage & Body Oil
- 1.8 The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Butter
- 2 Conclusion
Why is almond oil so good for the skin?
All the products we reviewed below contains sweet almond oil, the best choice for your skin. It’s not surprising that it’s a top choice of massage therapists worldwide.
Sweet almond oil is rich in vitamin E, a potent antioxidant that defends against cellular damage caused by sun exposure. It also has vitamin A to stimulate cell production and firm the skin (1).
But that’s not all. Almond oil contains omega-3 fatty acids to prevent photoaging, plus a bit of zinc to heal scars and acne.
What can almond oil do for you?
Almond oil for the face treats a variety of issues like dry skin caused by aging, eczema, or psoriasis. Regular use can even out skin tone and texture and reduce puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. It may even reduce scars.
Although it sounds strange to treat pimples with oil, almond oil is non-comedogenic. It contains retinoids from vitamin A, making it a natural acne treatment.
Who should not use almond oil?
If you have nut allergies, please don’t use almond oil on your skin. If you’re not sure, you can do a patch test. Use a cotton swab to dab a tiny amount of almond oil on the inside of your elbow or wrist. If there’s any redness, itching, or reaction, avoid using almond oil in the future.
Best Almond Oils for the Skin in 2021
NOW Solutions, Sweet Almond Oil
Let’s begin with plain sweet almond oil. This is food-grade, so you can cook with it. It’s also safe for using on the skin.
How can you trust that this is pure plant oil? For one, it comes from a North American brand that’s family-owned and operated. Every step of the manufacturing process has been tested and verified for safety and purity. In fact, NOW Solutions has a GMP certification with an A rating. That’s “Good Manufacturing Practices”.
Moreover, the oil is expeller-pressed from non-GMO almonds harvested from the Prunus amygdalus dulcis tree. It’s guaranteed hexane-free.
Users say that the oil sinks in quickly leaving the skin soft and non-greasy after only a few minutes. It has a subtle nutty scent that fades after it absorbs. Happily, it’s an ideal carrier that blends well with essential oils.
- Non-GMO food-grade sweet almond oil safe for the face, body, and hair
- Manufactured by a North American family-owned business following GMP
- Hexane-free and expeller-pressed
- Ideal carrier for essential oils
- Excellent value for the money
- Flip-top Isn’t as convenient as a pump top dispenser
Pure Body Naturals Sweet Almond Oil for Hair and Skin
What’s the difference between this product and the one above? This bottle of almond oil comes with a pump top that makes it easier to dispense, especially if you have oil on your hands already.
Furthermore, it’s bottled in the USA after the oil is sourced from artisan distillers around the world. The brand says the cold-pressed sweet almond oil is free from pesticides, chemicals, and diluents.
Reviewers say the oil has a mild scent and pleasant texture. It makes their skin look younger with a healthy glow. Some have found that it prevents razor rash and ingrown hairs and heals chapped lips. Also, it’s handy for sealing in moisture when regular body lotion isn’t enough.
- Packaged with a pump dispenser
- Cold-pressed oil from artisan distillers around the world, bottled in the USA
- Treats razor rash, ingrown hairs, chapped lips, and more
Ancient Greek Remedy Unscented Organic Blend of Oils
Let’s branch out from pure almond oil to blends that contain it. This one has cold-pressed oils like jojoba, almond, olive, grapeseed, sunflower, and vitamin E. It’s an excellent moisturizer for the face and body as it’s chock full of antioxidants. Not only does it soften the skin, but it also reduces acne, scars, and large pores.
The pure plant-based product is safe for sensitive skin. People with rosacea, psoriasis, and eczema as well as babies can benefit from it. It only takes one application per day to leave the skin radiant.
What’s more, it comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Obviously, it’s vegan and gluten-free, plus it’s also made without GMOs (genetically modified organisms).
Users are pleased with the lightweight texture that doesn’t leave the skin greasy or sticky after it absorbs. It helps repair cuticles, condition dry hair, and so much more.
If you prefer something with a little fragrance, try the lavender version.
- Blend of cold-pressed oils including almond, jojoba, grapeseed, olive, and sunflower
- Conditions the hair and skin, reduces acne, large pores, and scars
- Vegan and gluten-free with no GMOs
- Comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
L’Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil
This premium skincare product is 50% sweet almond oil harvested from trees in Provence, France. It has a delicious vanilla almond fragrance and a smooth texture that leaves the skin like satin.
Instead of slathering straight oil on your skin, however, this moisturizer has additional ingredients for extra potency. For example, it’s fortified with rosehip seed, camelina, bergamot, carrot, and sunflower seed oils. It contains extra fatty acids and vitamin E, too. These provide essential nutrients that defend the skin against premature aging.
- Potent blend of almond, rosehip seed, and other natural oils
- Leaves the skin soft as silk
- Has an attractive vanilla almond fragrance
- Definitely a splurge item
- Has an artificial fragrance
Honeydew Aromatherapy Massage Oil
If you’re not a massage therapist or someone who visits one, you may not be aware of how popular almond oil is for massages. It’s an excellent lubricant and it leaves the skin nourished and supple.
Generally speaking, massage therapists spike the almond oil with essential oils like lavender, cinnamon, and so on. Instead of trying to blend it yourself, try this premixed massage oil with almond, coconut, lavender, and vitamin E. It’s ideal for a relaxing massage, especially at bedtime, but don’t be afraid to use it in the place of your body lotion.
If almond oil has so much vitamin E already, why does this product add more? Although we can’t read their minds, we suspect it’s because vitamin E is an antioxidant that keeps the skin moisturized and prevents cellular breakdown. Most moisturizers contain extra vitamin E.
Users say this is a great massage oil with perfect consistency and a subtle fragrance that fades after a while.
- Subtle lavender fragrance from natural essential oil
- Smooth and consistent blend of almond and coconut oil with extra vitamin E
- Ideal for massages and use as a body moisturizer
Maple Holistics Sensual Vanilla Massage Oil
What do you know about jojoba oil? Were you aware that it’s very similar to sebum, the skin’s own oil? It absorbs quickly and that’s why it’s in lots of skincare products. You’ll find it in this massage oil right alongside sweet almond, vitamin E, and vanilla essence. It’s labeled as “natural flavoring” which we found interesting.
Vanilla is surprisingly calming and somewhat sexy, so it’s a treat to use this product. Once the oil absorbs, the skin is left supple and soft. It won’t leave your body sticky or greasy, so it’s excellent for right after a shower.
- Attractive natural vanilla fragrance
- Blend of jojoba and almond oils with vitamin E
- Suitable for massages and use as a body moisturizer
Skinsations – Cinnamon Massage & Body Oil
Cinnamon doesn’t just smell good, it makes this massage oil feel warm to the skin. Imagine how nice that would be for sore muscles. The cinnamon stimulates circulation to relax and heal the body. Moreover, the natural cinnamon flavoring in this oil blend is safe for “sensitive areas”.
The base is sweet almond oil with fractionated coconut, jojoba seed, and grapeseed oils, too. It’s a soothing blend for the right amount of glide during a massage. However, don’t hold back on using this as body lotion because it’s chemical-free. It even comes with a money-back guarantee.
Users say it has a great feel and smell. Even though it’s a good lubricant for massages, it absorbs nicely, leaving the skin soft and lightly scented.
- Alluring natural cinnamon fragrance
- Blend of almond, fractionated coconut, jojoba seed, and grapeseed oils
- No chemicals or fillers
- Warms and relaxes the body, no greasy feeling afterwards
The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Butter
Enough about oil already – not everyone wants to wait for it to absorb. Instead, try this rich hand cream that repairs skin and nails overnight. It’s based on almond oil with a lot of other miracle-working skin conditioners. It has shea butter, Brazil nut oil, and panthenol, for example.
If you’re tired of brittle nails, peeling cuticles, and chapped hands, this is the solution. It smells fantastic and won’t leave the skin greasy. Furthermore, the reviews are full of testimonials from people who say it rescues their hands after washing and sanitizing them all day long.
- The perfect manicure cream for hands and nails
- Based on sweet almond and Brazil nut oils, shea butter, and panthenol
- Appealing fragrance and delicious texture that doesn’t leave the skin greasy
- Not inexpensive, but worth it
Almond oil works wonders on the skin. It’s a powerful natural moisturizer that evens out tone and texture over time. It’s rich in essential nutrients and non-comedogenic. It can also be used to condition the hair and strengthen the nails.
We hope our reviews helped you find your new favorite skin care product today. If so, feel free to tell us about it in the comments below.
1. https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/almond-oil-for-face Are There Benefits to Using Almond Oil on Your Face? by Grace Gallagher, medically reviewed by Cynthia Cobb, DNP, APRN, WHNP-BC, FAANP, published September 30, 2019, accessed July 21, 2021