Can you really shrink your pores? Yes and no – it depends on your skin type, age, genetic makeup, and even the amount of sun exposure you’ve had. But even if you can’t make your pores smaller, you can minimize their appearance. The best face mask for large pores will help.
What can a mask do for pores? It can decongest and refine them by removing excess oil and dead skin. It can also reduce inflammation and discoloration to make skin smoother and clearer. Take a look at the benefits below:
|The best face masks for large pores||Why we love them|
|Cetaphil Pro Dermacontrol Purifying Clay Face||
|SKIN1004 Zombie Pack||
|Proactiv Amazonian Clay Mask||
|OLEHENRIKSEN Cold Plunge Pore Mask||
|Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask||
|Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask||
|AZURE Retinol & Hyaluronic Hydrating Face Mask||
|Andalou Naturals Brightening Mask, Pumpkin Honey||
- 1 How to make large pores look smaller
- 2 Best Face Masks for Large Pores in 2021
- 2.1 Cetaphil Pro Dermacontrol Purifying Clay Face
- 2.2 SKIN1004 Zombie Pack
- 2.3 Proactiv Amazonian Clay Mask
- 2.4 OLEHENRIKSEN Cold Plunge Pore Mask
- 2.5 Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask
- 2.6 Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
- 2.7 AZURE Retinol & Hyaluronic Hydrating Face Mask
- 2.8 Andalou Naturals Brightening Mask, Pumpkin Honey
- 3 Conclusion
How to make large pores look smaller
Obviously, cleansing and exfoliation are two of the best ways to shrink pores. Besides a face wash or scrub, you can use a face mask to absorb oil and impurities and remove dead cells.
Some of the best pore minimizing masks contain clay to unclog pores. Get out the debris and they will look smaller.
Also, face masks with glycolic acid or salicylic acid are excellent for exfoliating and cleansing pores. It only takes a few minutes for a mask to make a noticeable difference in the complexion.
Once you’ve achieved the results you desire, it’s important to maintain clear and healthy skin. Use oil-free products and cosmetics labeled “non-comedogenic”. Also, wear sunscreen since it prevents cellular damage that could make pores expand.
Best Face Masks for Large Pores in 2021
Cetaphil Pro Dermacontrol Purifying Clay Face
What’s the best clay mask for clogged pores? We like Cetaphil’s mask because it’s mild enough for sensitive skin and can be used up to three times per week. It’s from a dermatologist-recommended brand so it’s non-comedogenic and allergy-free. It contains no artificial fragrance or parabens.
When you think of a clay mask, you might picture something gritty. Not this one – it’s creamy and gentle to the skin. It relies on a blend of bentonite and kaolin clays to exfoliate and draw out impurities.
Moreover, it’s not as drying as some clay masks. It won’t leave the skin tight or visibly dehydrated. That’s because it’s infused with apple fruit extract and moisturizers, plus cucumber and shea butter to soothe the skin. Reviewers say they only need a lightweight moisturizer after using it.
- Creamy, non-drying blend of bentonite and kaolin clays plus moisturizers
- Mild enough for sensitive skin, non-comedogenic, and free of artificial fragrances and parabens
- Can be used up to three times per week to maintain a clear complexion
SKIN1004 Zombie Pack
Would you like to have a facial? This mask only takes fifteen minutes to clear up breakouts and tighten large pores. It has the additional benefits of smoothing fine lines, brightening the complexion, and balancing the pH of the skin.
It’s an unusual product from Korea that requires a little work to use. You’ll blend the activator and powder before brushing the mixture on your face. It’s based on albumin from egg whites and it has a bit of an odor. But the effort is worth it since the mask is very good for shrinking pores and brightening the complexion.
Furthermore, it’s not drying, but rather moisturizing. Aloe, allantoin, sea buckthorn and other botanicals hydrate and lift the skin. There’s also Centella asiatica, a healing ingredient proven to clear up acne.
Happily, the mask is free of artificial dyes, parabens, mineral oils, alcohol, and artificial fragrances. It can be used up to three times per week.
Reviewers with rosacea, mature skin, and acne-prone faces are thrilled with the results.
- At-home facial in fifteen minutes
- Potent egg white mask that tightens pores, firms the skin, and brightens the complexion
- Packed with moisturizing and healing ingredients
- Free of parabens, artificial colors and fragrances, mineral oil, and alcohol
- Not the most fragrant face mask
Proactiv Amazonian Clay Mask
Similar to Cetaphil’s mask, Proactiv’s mask also contains kaolin and bentonite clay to soak up excess oil and remove impurities. It’s creamy and described as suitable for oily and combination skin as well as sensitive faces. It can be used up to three times per week.
Users rave about how it leaves their skin smoother with less noticeable pores. However, many of them seem to be using other Proactiv products alongside this one.
If it’s so similar to the other brand, should you just go with the cheaper one? We say it depends on how sensitive your skin is. The official product description describes a formula rich with antioxidants, virgin cucumber oil, and shea butter. But unfortunately, even the Proactiv official website doesn’t list the full ingredients.
- Creamy blend of bentonite and kaolin clay with antioxidants and botanicals
- Suitable for oily and combination skin, can be used up to three times per week
- Removes impurities and exfoliates to refine pores
- It’s difficult to find a full list of ingredients
OLEHENRIKSEN Cold Plunge Pore Mask
Here’s something amazing: 94% of the women in a clinical study that used this mask had an instant reduction in oiliness. One hundred percent of them said that it removed oil and impurities. Users say it makes their pores look noticeably smaller and leaves their skin smooth all day long.
Why does it work so well? It’s like a blast of cool water for your pores to tighten them and control surface oil for hours afterward. The formula is made to detox and cool the skin while leaving the complexion radiant.
What’s more, it’s great for all skin types, even sensitive and dry faces. Instead of straight salicylic acid, it has alpine willow herb to dissolve excess oil. But there’s also alpha hydroxy acid to exfoliate without causing dryness. Lastly, neem seed oil and botanicals refresh the skin. (Just a note, remember to wear sunscreen the next day).
- Made for all skin types, prevents dryness while it detoxifies and exfoliates
- Provides an instant reduction in oiliness and reduces shine throughout the day
- Makes pores noticeably smaller while it refreshes the skin with botanicals
- Double-check the full list of ingredients if you have sensitive skin
Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask
What about the best face mask for large pores and blackheads? It’s this one, and it also happens to be one of the best spot treatments to clear up pimples overnight.
Yes, this is the mask that all the beauty influencers have been trying. It’s Australian-made with organic and natural ingredients. Plus, it’s vegan and free of gluten and harsh chemicals. The only thing we could ding it for is the “parfum” which turned out to be made with natural ingredients.
Does it really work miracles in just ten minutes? Thousands of reviewers say that it does. Brush it on and let it cleanse the skin. Rinse with lukewarm water and check out those pores – wait, where did they go?
If you’re curious, here are some of the highlights: kaolin clay, bentonite, aloe, kakadu plum (packed with vitamin C, licorice (evens skin tone), witch hazel (refines and soothes), and lactic acid (exfoliates).
- Refines pores, eliminates blackheads, and serves as a spot treatment for pimples
- Cleanses and brightens the complexion in ten minutes
- Made with organic, natural ingredients
- Not cheap, but trusted by users worldwide
Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
You haven’t lived until you’ve had a bubble mask. Who knew that cleansing pores could be so much fun?
This K-beauty favorite isn’t just for tweens and teens. Plenty of adults of all ages have enjoyed using it. It activates on contact with water and air to foam away impurities and oil.
Only use a little bit to begin with because the foam spreads like mad as it tickles the dirt right out of the skin. Regular use will reduce blackheads and large pores, leaving the complexion clear and soft.
Unfortunately, those with sensitive skin might have to look elsewhere. The downside is that the mask contains an artificial fragrance, peppermint, and methylparaben (although this is the least offensive of the most common parabens in cosmetics).
- Cleanse and refine pores by foaming away impurities
- A fun way to get rid of blackheads
- K-beauty favorite face mask
- Some less desirable ingredients
AZURE Retinol & Hyaluronic Hydrating Face Mask
Retinol is excellent for firming the skin and tighten pores. It stimulates cellular turnover for remarkable anti-aging benefits. On the downside, it can dehydrate the skin unless it’s in a formula like this one. This mask features retinol, hyaluronic acid, vitamins, and essential lipids. It’s like a makeover in a bottle.
Moreover, it’s 95% natural with no animal ingredients, parabens, artificial colors, or fillers. Those with combination and oily skin can benefit from it from up to three times a week, and those with dry skin at least once.
Leave it on for up to twenty minutes, or if your face can tolerate it, pat the leftover essence into the skin and let it work overnight.
- Moisturizing retinol mask for reducing large pores and wrinkles
- 95% natural and vegan
- Bolstered with hyaluronic acid and lipids to leave the skin supple
Andalou Naturals Brightening Mask, Pumpkin Honey
Did you know that pumpkin is a natural source of alpha-hydroxy acid? That’s right, it’s an exfoliator that won’t dry out the skin. What’s more, it evens out skin tone to fade discoloration, too.
This delicious face mask smells good enough to eat if you love pumpkin pie. It’s made with certified organic ingredients like pumpkin purée, aloe, pineapple, and clove. Not to worry, there are no parabens, artificial fragrances, or other nasties.
With a pH-balanced formula, it rejuvenates the complexion, leaving it brighter and clearer. Reviewers say it leaves the skin glowing with health.
- pH-balanced and moisturizing enough for dry skin
- Exfoliates with alpha hydroxy acid and brightens the complexion
- Treats fine lines, large pores, and dark spots
- Made with certified organic ingredients and no artificial fragrances or parabens
- Remember to wear sunscreen because of the alpha hydroxy acid
Shrink those large pores with the right face mask. In just a few minutes, a mask can decongest pores to make them look smaller. What’s more, these beauty masks have additional benefits for other concerns like fine lines, discoloration, excess oil, or dryness.
We hope our reviews helped you find the best skincare product for your needs today. If so, we’d love to hear about your experience. Please feel free to leave us a comment below.