Which is the best facial oil for glowing skin? There are many to choose from, so we went with a time-tested favorite. We sought out the best rose oil for the face. Our top picks are highlighted below.
Among all the best face oils with anti-aging benefits, there is a bit of confusion over rose oil versus rosehip oil. What’s the difference?
Today’s reviews cover rose oil, an essential oil distilled from rose petals. It offers two major benefits: it moisturizes and evens out skin tone, plus it has an enchanting fragrance that can boost the mood. Rose oil smells like roses as it comes from Rosa damascena or Rosa centifolia plants (1).
In fact, it takes an astonishing amount of rose petals to make a small amount of oil. They are handpicked at dawn and distilled the same day for maximum freshness and potency.
Perhaps another day we’ll review the best rosehip oil, also known as rosehip seed oil. This is a carrier oil made from pressed seeds of either Rosa rubiginosa or Rosa canina (2).
In the meantime, here are the best rose oils for the face:
|The best rose oils for the face||Why we love them|
|Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum||
|Badger Balm - Damascus Rose Antioxidant Face Oil||
|Dr Botanicals Vegan Moroccan Rose Superfood Facial Oil||
|Pixi Rose Oil Blend||
|Provence Beauty Rose Multi-Use Oil||
|SISLEY Black Rose Precious Face Oil||
|Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil||
- 1 Who can benefit from rose oil?
- 2 Best Rose Oils for the Face in 2021
- 2.1 Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum
- 2.2 Badger Balm – Damascus Rose Antioxidant Face Oil
- 2.3 Dr Botanicals Vegan Moroccan Rose Superfood Facial Oil
- 2.4 Pixi Rose Oil Blend
- 2.5 Provence Beauty Rose Multi-Use Oil
- 2.6 SISLEY Black Rose Precious Face Oil
- 2.7 Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil
- 3 Conclusion
Who can benefit from rose oil?
Anyone can benefit from rose oil, but it’s especially helpful for those with dry skin. The oil is soothing and moisturizing. It’s even more potent when blended with other natural ingredients that enhance its capabilities.
To be honest, straight rose oil is too strong to apply straight to the skin. It has to be diluted first because it’s an essential oil, not a carrier like rosehip seed oil. That’s why you’ll see that the best facial oils with rose have additional components like moisturizers and carrier oils. That way you get the best of all worlds.
Moreover, there’s a reason why people say it’s good to “stop and smell the roses”. The true rose fragrance can be very uplifting and encouraging.
Therefore, try rose oil to boost the health of both your skin and your mind.
Best Rose Oils for the Face in 2021
Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum
Made for all skin types, this lightweight oil goes straight for the gold. There’s no futzing around with second-class ingredients here. The second ingredient is Damascus rose flower water. Then, soon after the top-of-the-line moisturizers squalane and glycerin comes Damascus rose extract.
It’s formulated to hydrate the skin for up to twenty-four hours. Talk about a dewy complexion – this one should leave your face plumped and refreshed. That’s great news if you want to look and feel younger.
Happily, it contains no alcohol, parabens, or artificial fragrances. What’s more, it was tested by participants in a clinical trial over the course of four weeks. 100% of them were satisfied with how their skin was hydrated by the serum.
Reviewers say putting on the oil feels like stepping into a pool of cool water with fresh roses.
- Refreshing hydration that lasts up to twenty-four hours
- Clinically proven to plump the skin and nourish it
- No parabens, alcohol, or artificial fragrances
- Lovely natural rose scent
Badger Balm – Damascus Rose Antioxidant Face Oil
Badger is a brand that sticks to certified organic ingredients wherever possible. But this facial oil isn’t just straight Damascus Rose essential oil. It also contains other nourishing botanicals and plenty of antioxidants to calm and heal the skin. Some of the highlights include organic jojoba, pomegranate, lavender, and chamomile oils.
Moreover, it’s non-comedogenic and free of artificial ingredients like fragrances and parabens. Of course, it’s cruelty-free and non-GMO.
It comes in a 1-ounce spray bottle as it only takes a couple of spritzes to refresh the face after cleansing. Users say it takes a couple of minutes for the rose oil to absorb. It has a subtle natural fragrance that’s pleasant but not overwhelmingly rosy.
- Features certified organic ingredients with no GMOs, artificial fragrances, parabens, or fillers
- Blend of Damascus Rose essential oil with botanical oils and extracts
- Rich in antioxidants, calming and moisturizing for the skin
- Packaged with a spray top for easy, mess-free application
- Not straight rose oil
Dr Botanicals Vegan Moroccan Rose Superfood Facial Oil
We mentioned that pure rose oil is pricey because it takes an immense number of petals to make a small amount of oil. What’s more, rose is an essential oil that should always be diluted before being used on the skin. Therefore, most facial oils combine rose oil with other helpful ingredients.
For example, this one is enhanced with vitamin C, almond oil, aloe, seabuckthorn, and peptides. These are all excellent anti-aging and anti-inflammatory agents.
However, there’s a lot more to it than that, including an artificial fragrance. (If you have sensitive skin, please check the label before using it and do a patch test).
On the bright side, it comes with a thirty-day satisfaction guarantee. Users say it absorbs quickly, leaving the skin soft and supple throughout the day.
- Blend of rose, almond, seabuckthorn, and other natural oils with vitamin C and peptides
- Designed for reducing inflammation and firming the skin, making it look and feel younger
- Comes with a satisfaction guarantee
- Those with sensitive skin should review the list of ingredients
Pixi Rose Oil Blend
Similar to a serum, this rose oil comes in a glass bottle with a dropper. It’s a powerful mixture of Damascus rose oil with other skin-friendly favorites like rosehip seed oil, pomegranate, geranium, sweet almond, and jojoba. Together, they seal in moisture, improve elasticity, and brighten the complexion. It’s a good choice if you want your skin to glow with health.
Reviewers say the oil is an excellent addition to the nighttime routine. It helps with undereye circles and intensely hydrates dry skin. Fortunately, it’s not greasy and it doesn’t take much to do the entire face.
- Potent combination of rose and rosehip seed oils plus geranium, sweet almond, and jojoba
- Leaves the skin glowing and hydrated
- It only takes a little bit to renew the whole face
- Not pure rose oil, but blended with botanicals
Provence Beauty Rose Multi-Use Oil
We’ve hidden this little gem in the middle of the reviews, but it’s one of our favorite facial oils. It’s affordable, especially considering it comes in a four-ounce bottle. That’s four times the size of most of the other products we reviewed.
Furthermore, it has a simple formula with only one downside. There’s an artificial fragrance, but there are no parabens, alcohol, or phthalates. Instead, it provides the lipids the skin needs to stay moisturized. These come from delicious natural sources like rose petals, apricot kernel oil, and sweet almond oil.
It absorbs quickly for a face oil, and the soft and sweet fragrance lasts for about four hours. Regular use can improve the skin’s texture and evens skin tone.
Feel free to use it to repair cuticles and heal dry patches on the elbows or heels. Users say it strengthens nails, too.
- Affordable face oil with a sweet fragrance
- Enriched with other natural ingredients like sweet almond and apricot kernel oil
- Also repairs cuticles and dry skin anywhere on the body, strengthens nails
- Free from parabens, alcohol, and phthalates
- Has an artificial fragrance, but it’s phthalate-free
SISLEY Black Rose Precious Face Oil
This award-winning face oil is a crowd pleaser that was featured by Glamour and Harper’s Bazaar. It’s made to provide instant results, leaving the complexion radiant and smoother. Over time, daily use can revitalize the face by toning the skin and reducing lines and wrinkles.
What’s the secret to its success? It has Bulgarian rose oil plus a lot of other nutrients from nature. Check out this list. It has omega acids from plum and camelina oils. Then, there’s natural vitamin E from avocado. Don’t forget the soothing and purifying magnolia and geranium oils, too. As you might guess, this blend smells fabulous.
Moreover, the oil itself feels silky and dry, not greasy. It only takes between 3 to 7 drops to treat the entire face and neck. Chances are this will be something you’ll look forward to each day.
Users say it’s worth every cent.
- Exotic blend of Bulgarian Rose, plum, and camelina oils
- Has a silky dry oil texture that absorbs perfectly
- Instantly improves the skin’s appearance
- Daily use leads to smoother, firmer skin
Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil
We love it when science and nature work together so well. This powerful rose oil uses the best of both worlds to firm, brighten, and moisturize the face in a way that so few other products can. It has only seven ingredients with no artificial fragrance, parabens, alcohol, or fillers.
The primary ingredient is squalane, an outstanding moisturizer that comes from sugarcane. It ensures that the oil isn’t greasy or sticky and that it absorbs within a few minutes. The formula happens to be non-comedogenic, so it’s safe for oily skin.
You probably already know that vitamin C is good for the complexion. It reduces discoloration and stimulates collagen production to make the skin firmer. Unfortunately, many vitamin C serums sting, but this oil doesn’t. It’s in a shelf-stable formulation and comes in a protective tinted glass bottle. It has a delightful natural rose fragrance, too.
Users with sensitive skin are pleased that this doesn’t cause breakouts but instead keeps the skin clear and healthy. It can be worn underneath makeup or enjoyed at bedtime.
- Boosts moisture levels, firms the skin, and reduces discoloration
- Features a shelf-stable form of vitamin C and comes in a tinted glass bottle
- Never greasy or sticky
- Natural rose fragrance and pleasant texture
- Not cheap, but potent – has a dedicated fanbase
If you are dealing with dry skin or dissatisfied with your complexion, give rose oil a try. It’s one of the best facial oils for a reason. Not only does it moisturize, but it also calms the skin. Less inflammation and dryness means a happier face.
We hope our reviews helped you find the skincare product you need today. If so, tell us about it in the comments below.
1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_oil accessed July 19, 2021
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_hip_seed_oil accessed July 19, 2021