Are blackheads the bane of your existence? You can squeeze them, scrub them, and cover them up with makeup, but they always come back.
Want to know the secret to make them go away? Do weekly treatments with the best pore strips.
Blackhead removal strips are the quick and easy way to unclog pores. They pull out the dead skin and oil that enlarge pores. Check out our top picks below:
|The best pore strips||Why we love them|
|Bioré Nose+Face Pore Strips with Bioré Charcoal Nose Strips||
|Peace Out Pores||
|Anjou Blackhead Remover Nose Pore Strips||
|Holika Holika Pig Nose Clear Blackhead 3-Step Kit||
|Look At Me Nose Pore Strips||
|Elizavecca Milkypiggy Hell-Pore Clean Up Nose Mask||
|TONYMOLY Tako Pore Black Peel Off Pack||
We also researched whether pore strips are bad for you or if they make pores bigger. If you have sensitive or extra dry skin, or are prone to broken capillaries, pore strips may not be the best solution for you. Try a nice foaming face wash with alpha-hydroxy acids or other gentle exfoliators.
On the other hand, if you have normal, combination, or oily skin, pore strips are exactly what the doctor ordered. Seriously, dermatologists recommend them as a temporary solution for blackheads. They point out that you’ll still need regular maintenance to keep your skin clear (1).
- 1 How to use pore strips safely
- 2 Best Pore Strips in 2022
- 2.1 Bioré Nose+Face Pore Strips with Bioré Charcoal Nose Strips
- 2.2 Peace Out Pores
- 2.3 Anjou Blackhead Remover Nose Pore Strips
- 2.4 Holika Holika Pig Nose Clear Blackhead 3-Step Kit
- 2.5 Look At Me Nose Pore Strips
- 2.6 Elizavecca Milkypiggy Hell-Pore Clean Up Nose Mask
- 2.7 TONYMOLY Tako Pore Black Peel Off Pack
- 3 Conclusion
How to use pore strips safely
Blackhead removal strips have adhesive on them to pull out the debris from the pores. Of course, they also pull on the skin and remove peach fuzz in the process. This may sting, tingle, or cause redness. However, if you follow the directions, it should minimize irritation.
Keep pore strips away from your eyes, inflamed pimples, and irritated skin. Pull them off slowly – they will still work just as well. If you’re having trouble removing one, soak it with warm water and it should come right off.
Finally, cleanse your face again if needed (because sometimes strips leave residue) and apply moisturizer.
Best Pore Strips in 2022
Bioré Nose+Face Pore Strips with Bioré Charcoal Nose Strips
Let’s begin our reviews of the best blackhead removal strips from a well-known brand. Bioré offers a variety of different pore strips including charcoal, witch hazel, and blue agave. We recommend the regular face strips for anyone who’s new to using them. Those with oily skin may benefit from the charcoal version instead.
How do they work? Wash your face with warm water and leave the skin wet where you plan to put the strip. Press it into place and go about your business for the next ten minutes.
You may feel a slight cooling or tingling sensation on the skin. After the time passes, the strip will have hardened kind of like papier-mâché.
Peel it slowly from your skin and take a good look. Did you know that much gunk was hiding in your pores?
This brand’s pore strips are often imitated but never equaled. They have a patented adhesive technology that forms a cationic bond with the debris inside the pores. Instead of only pulling off the top of the plug, it pulls out all the debris like a magnet.
Plus, the strips are dermatologist-tested and hypoallergenic, making them as safe as possible for all skin types. Use them weekly to maintain a clear complexion.
- Patented adhesive technology removes the entire plug from the congested pore
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested
- Takes only ten minutes to work, can be used weekly
- Available in a variety of versions including regular, charcoal, witch hazel, and more
- Not the best solution for rosacea-prone or very sensitive skin
Peace Out Pores
These aren’t your typical pore strips. They’re made with hydrocolloid polymer technology and can be worn overnight. (Although, if you have sensitive skin they recommend using them for only an hour).
Appropriate for all skin types, these unique pore strips don’t just suck out oil and dead skin. They also visibly shrink pores. The magic ingredients here are vitamin A and DMAE, also known as dimethylethanolamine, known for its ability to provide an instant facelift.
Moreover, the strips contain no parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, or formaldehyde releasers. They contain less than 1% synthetic fragrance.
Users say these pore strips work miracles and seem to do it more gently than the classic blackhead remover strips.
- Unique design with hydrocolloid polymer technology
- Can be worn overnight for maximum benefits
- Feature vitamin A and DMAE to noticeably shrink pores, not just pull out debris
- No parabens, phthalates, or formaldehyde releasers
- Although suitable for all skin types, those with sensitive skin shouldn’t wear them for more than an hour
Anjou Blackhead Remover Nose Pore Strips
This massive pack will last you quite some time as there are thirty-two pore strips total. Use them on your nose, chin, or anywhere on your body. (Yes, they have an ergonomic shape but we’re sure you’ll get creative). Treat yourself once a week if you have dry skin or twice a week if you have oily skin.
The formula is based on witch hazel and dipotassium glycyrrhizinate, which is derived from the licorice plant. Witch hazel is a natural, non-drying astringent that refines pores. The latter ingredient is an anti-inflammatory that regulates sebum production. Together, they work at the source by reducing oiliness to create a clear complexion.
After cleansing the skin with warm water, leave it wet. Also, wet the cotton side of a strip and stick the smooth side onto the damp skin. Press it flat and let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes. To remove it, peel gently from the edges toward the middle.
Users say the strips have a little bit of an odor but they work very well. Some have found that steaming the skin first and leaving the strips on a little longer provides even better results.
- Have witch hazel and dipotassium glycyrrhizinate from licorice root
- These ingredients reduce inflammation, regulates sebum production, and refine pores
- Can be used twice a week on oily skin
- Treatment is complete in 10 to 15 minutes
- They have a little bit of an odor
Holika Holika Pig Nose Clear Blackhead 3-Step Kit
This Korean beauty brand makes more than one kind of blackhead removal strips. We selected the strong version in the black package, but you can also get the white no-water or the multi-colored original kits.
The strong version starts with thick cottony pore strips (made of bamboo) with “heating essence”. This softens the junk in the pores to decongest them. After fifteen minutes, remove the strip and wipe off debris and excess product.
Wet your skin again and apply the second stage strip. Wait fifteen minutes until the fabric hardens like a typical pore strip. Peel it off slowly as it pulls debris from the pores.
Lastly, place the third stage strip on the skin and let it refresh and cool the area for fifteen minutes. Remove it and tap the remaining essence into the skin.
Diehard fans of these pore strips say that they work wonders on sensitive skin, leaving it clear and smooth.
- Effective three-stage pore cleansing kit
- Heating essence softens debris for easy removal
- Final stage cools and refreshes the skin, eliminating any irritation
- The three-stage process takes at least forty-five minutes to complete
Look At Me Nose Pore Strips
If you have been less than satisfied with pore strips in the past, try the K-beauty method. Wash with a foaming cleanser then use a mud mask to soften up the gunk congesting your pores. Steam the skin and dampen it before pressing on these pore strips.
Once the strips dry peel them off. They contain witch hazel and allantoin to soothe the skin, reduce oiliness, and tighten the pores. Repeat the process once a week and you’ll enjoy clearer skin.
The strips are made with nano gel particles to bond with excess oil and dead cells and remove them without damaging the skin around the pores. They are less drying and even smell better than the typical pore strips, too.
- K-beauty pore strips that remove blackheads, reduce oiliness, and refine pores
- Have a pleasant scent and gentle ingredients
- Soothe the skin with witch hazel and allantoin
- A little more expensive than American brands
Elizavecca Milkypiggy Hell-Pore Clean Up Nose Mask
Funny name, effective product. This is a peel-off mask for cleansing pores. In some ways, it’s more convenient than using pore strips because it can be applied to as little or as much skin as you like.
The recommended process goes like this: press a hot damp towel against the skin or steam your face to prep the pores. Spread the mask where you want it and let it dry for up to twenty-five minutes. It will be easier to peel off if it’s a thick layer to begin with. Peel in an upward direction and prepare to be amazed at your renewed and extra smooth complexion.
Now, there’s something you should know. The mask peels off more than impurities from the pores. It also removes dead skin and peach fuzz, so it might hurt a bit. Work slowly and you get the hang of it. Also, don’t use it more than once a week.
- Peel-off mask deep-cleanses any part of the face or body
- Leaves the skin brighter and extra smooth
- A little painful to remove, but gratifying
- May not decongest the pores as well as a pore strip
TONYMOLY Tako Pore Black Peel Off Pack
Don’t just empty your pores, purify them and the skin around them with the best ingredients from nature. This peel-off mask features charcoal, Dead Sea salt, and black peat water for extra cleansing power and a dose of nourishment.
The texture of the mask is thick like peanut butter and it can be applied as a spot treatment or in the place of nose strips. It takes about twenty minutes to dry before it can be peeled off.
Furthermore, you don’t even have to get your hands messy to apply it. It comes in a cute octopus -shaped applicator.
- Cute applicator makes for no mess application
- Peel-off mask enriched with charcoal, Dead Sea salt, and black peat water
- Purifies and nourishes the skin
- Thick texture ensures the mask comes off in one piece
- May be a bit painful to remove from sensitive skin
We’re glad you dropped by to discover the best pore strips. We hope our reviews helped you find the perfect product for your needs. Soon, you won’t have to endure those pesky blackheads any longer.
If you’re pleased with the results, we hope you’ll drop by again and tell us about your experience in the comments below.
1. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/how-to-get-rid-of-blackheads/ How to Get Rid of Blackheads, published January 30, 2020, accessed August 2, 2021