As if battling skin issues and breakouts are not enough, most people tend to go on another round of battle with the scars from acne. These scars can seem like a slap on your face and make you always remember that your skin used to have acne issues. Each time you stand before the mirror, you easily remember the many nights you spent applying skincare products in anticipation that they’ll work. Glad that they did, but does that mean the scars shouldn’t be let go? Of course not! With the best serums for acne scars, you can let go of any sign of skin issues you once had.
Unfortunately, we have many people who believe that it’s impossible to clear acne scars unless you seek the help of lasers, micro-needling procedures, or some dermatological peels and prescription treatment. While these things have their role and how effective they can be, there are some other less expensive but equally effective treatment options—they are called serums. We can’t deny that deep acne scars can be difficult to deal with; those who believe we can only take care of them using clinical methods must have experienced the stubbornness of acne scars and come to such a conclusion.
However, if you’re going to try out topical products, you will need to focus on brightening and fading properties. Be on the lookout for products with keywords like Vitamin C, Retinol, and its derivatives with active SPF ingredients. Also, you need to pick a product with an ingredient like alpha-hydroxy acid, e.g., glycolic and salicylic acid. In summary, you are looking for a product with brightening, fading, exfoliating, and hydrating formulas. What are some of these types of products? Check them out below;
|The best serums for acne scars||Why we love them|
|Eva Naturals Vitamin C Skin-Clearing Serum||
|RejuveNaturals Natural Vitamin E Serum||
|Azelaic Acid 10% Facial Serum with Niacinamide||
|InstaSkincare Niacinamide Serum Face Scar remover||
|TruSkin Tea Tree Clear Skin Super Serum for Acne||
|CeraVe Vitamin C Serum for Skin Brightening and Scar Removal||
|Elaimei Vitamin C Serum for Face Acne Scar Removal||
|DERMA E Acne Blemish Control Treatment Serum||
We’ll get back to discuss in detail the features of each product listed above. But first, let’s look into some essential areas regarding acne scar and serum.
- 1 What Causes Acne Scars?
- 2 Best Serums for Acne Scars in 2021
- 2.1 Eva Naturals Vitamin C Skin-Clearing Serum
- 2.2 RejuveNaturals Natural Vitamin E Serum
- 2.3 Azelaic Acid 10% Facial Serum with Niacinamide
- 2.4 InstaSkincare Niacinamide Serum Face Scar remover
- 2.5 TruSkin Tea Tree Clear Skin Super Serum for Acne
- 2.6 CeraVe Vitamin C Serum for Skin Brightening and Scar Removal
- 2.7 Elaimei Vitamin C Serum for Face Acne Scar Removal
- 2.8 DERMA E Acne Blemish Control Treatment Serum
- 3 Conclusion
What Causes Acne Scars?
Acne scars occur mostly as a result of inflammation and we can trace inflammation back to skin picking, genetic predisposition, skin blemish, etc. When the skin goes through stuff like these, it signals the pigment-producing cells to become overactive. As a result, acne breakout happens and once you begin to treat them, they tend to leave scars behind—it depends though.
They also appear on the skin differently as determined by your complexion. Those with dark skin color have a little latitude with how the scar appears—a little bit hidden, while those with yellow skin color are mostly faced with discoloration or redness which is most times obvious. That’s why the best advice a person battling acne breakout can take heed of is not to be gentle with them.
That’s because you will probably have to work on most of this post-inflammatory erythema the same way you did with acne treatment—the scars won’t be that serious and probably heal after a while if you are gentle with them. But, here you are, looking for a solution to the scars. Thanks to the following products because they work and can help;
Best Serums for Acne Scars in 2021
Eva Naturals Vitamin C Skin-Clearing Serum
Here is an opportunity to clear skin and regain your confidence with Eva’s natural acne scar treatment serum. The product boasts about 20% pure vitamin C formula and other nutrient-rich ingredients. Combining these ingredients makes up this silky light yellow serum that mends the skin from every form of scars. It also serves as a form of skin moisturizer due to the presence of Aloe Vera, a firming olive oil, and strengthening MSM.
- Loaded with antioxidants, and Vitamin C
- Repairs sun-damaged skin
- It helps to protect against UV rays
- Provides incredible hydration and holds up to one thousand times its weight in water
- It leaves your complexion looking red and uneven
- Those with sensitive skin types should be mindful of this product
- The content isn’t thick enough
RejuveNaturals Natural Vitamin E Serum
In our quest to look good and present our beauty, many of us have tried out several products that don’t seem to work—fortunately, this Vitamin E serum from RejuveNatural changes that narrative. Sunflower and olive gave off the primary ingredient of this product: Vitamin E, using a unique extraction and distillation process. As a result of its meticulous production, by the time it touches your skin, you begin to have incredible experiences like clear to smooth skin surface, less tightening pores, skin cell renewal, and revival, to mention only a few.
- Restore moisture to dry, dull skin
- Promote the skin’s natural collagen renewal process
- Lessen the occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimize the look of dark spots and acne scars
- Soothe redness and irritation
- Some customers believe its latest version is not as effective as previous versions
- Doesn’t smell good enough
Azelaic Acid 10% Facial Serum with Niacinamide
The appearance of acne scar on the skin is enough to make anyone feel stuffy. While many people mention that they’ve tried several products to eliminate these byproducts of acne treatment, but it hasn’t worked, the big question is, have they tried the Azelaic facial serum? Probably not! However, this product is an emerging solution to red and sore skin that has suffered from acne. You may not have known about it before now, but now is the time to try it out! It is guaranteed to help remove the clumps, dirt, and bacteria that cause acne and resulting scars.
- Highly effective serum booster
- Reduce the look of blemishes and acne
- Multi-action powerhouse, featuring Azelaic Acid
- Helping to fade marks and brown spots from previous acne breakouts
- It contains niacinamide, a gentle acne treatment
- Content doesn’t fill the container
- It makes the skin feel greasy
InstaSkincare Niacinamide Serum Face Scar remover
Do you want an acne scar product that will make you into a happy and healthy customer? Check out this Niacinamide Serum Face Scar Remover. It’s a product designed with the best manufacturing standard from InstaSkincare. An all-natural, Cruelty-Free, Vegan, No sulfates, No parabens, and it’s absolutely safe product for all skin types. It offers gentle skin ingredients that wouldn’t cause skin irritation or resuscitate dead skin issues. Though it has a gentle formula, it is powerful and effective enough to remove new and old scars. So, as you seek to remove scars left behind by acne, which this product does perfectly.
- Decreases skin oiliness & evens skin texture
- Effective pore minimizer, reduces acne, and healing post-acne scar
- It nourishes and strengthens your skin
- Fights skin pigmentation, dark circles & discoloration
- Give your skin a natural look
- It doesn’t smell too well, but you can cover the smell with body spray
- It makes the skin feel greasy
TruSkin Tea Tree Clear Skin Super Serum for Acne
Who wants to spend so much on harsh chemicals and artificial fillers when it’s possible to get the same result without spending that much? That’s why you need to jump on the queue to get this Tea Tree skin serum from TruSkin. It is a pack of nature’s best and effective ingredients for anti-aging and anti-blemish. They are potent enough to meticulously clear out acne scars from the skin and outfox blemishes. They dismantle the means of survival for acne scars while fighting rigorously to keep the skin clear. The product soothes the skin, which is the work of the Aloe Vera in it.
- Comforts upset skin, unclog pores, and deliver healthier and brighter-looking skin
- It’s a concentrated blend of plant-based ingredients
- Support your body’s natural collagen production
- It helps your skin’s response to dark spots, sunspots, and scars of different types
- It takes significant time to work because it deals with issues from the root
- A bit expensive compared to the content quantity
CeraVe Vitamin C Serum for Skin Brightening and Scar Removal
When your skin is bewildered with scars and marks indicating the battle you have with acne, you can always run to a skin brightening serum like this one from CeraVe. It’s a product developed with the knowledge of many years of research. Eventually, it combines a unique skincare formula with essential ceramides and about 10% vitamin C. This combination helps restore the skin’s glow, brightens the skin tone, and stimulates the skin’s protective barriers. In it, you will also find potent antioxidants like L-Ascorbic acid that help to defend against acne scar-causing free radicals.
- It helps to provide antioxidant protection
- It helps to improve skin tone, texture, and hydration
- Formulated with three essential ceramides, soothing Vitamin, moisturizing hyaluronic acid
- Prevent oxidation and maintain product performance
- It is fragrance-free, paraben-free, and non-comedogenic
- It makes the skin feel greasy
- Some users complain that it smells terrible
Elaimei Vitamin C Serum for Face Acne Scar Removal
Do you know that Vitamin C helps your skin replace dead cells with new ones, replace old skin cells with fresh ones, and bring out the youthfulness to your face? This Vitamin C acne removal product from Elamei is potent and delivers the best of vitamin c benefits to your skin. It combines a unique skincare formula with essential ceramides and about 10% vitamin C. this combination helps restore the skin’s glow, brightens the skin tone, and stimulates the skin’s protective barriers. In it, you will also find potent ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe, MSM, Jojoba Oil, and Herbal Infusion.
- Effectively diminishes the appearance of scars
- Naturally renews skin giving Instant hydration
- It helps to improve texture, hydration, and skin tone
- Prevent oxidation and maintain product performance
- Helps with hyperpigmentation, reduce fine lines, and fade scars
- It takes a longer time to effect significant change
- It will only reduce the clarity of some scars and not clear them completely
DERMA E Acne Blemish Control Treatment Serum
This product is a lightweight acne scar treatment recommended by top dermatologists and designed to help fight anything related to acne issues. In it, you will find ingredients like salicylic acid—which contains only about 0.5% of that—Willow Bark Extract, Tea Tree Oil, anti-blemish complex, Chamomile, and calming Lavender. The combination of these ingredients reaches deep into the skin’s foundation and helps to unclog pores, clear out blemishes, acne, blackheads, and prevent any possible breakout in the future.
- Reaches deep into the skin to help clear and prevent acne occurrence
- It can be highly effective at soothing acne, blackheads, and skin irritation
- Exfoliates dead skin helping to unclog pores for a brighter glow
- It helps to retexture skin and clear away dead cells
- Defend skin from environmental stressors
- The bottle is only about half-filled
- Be careful with the product if you have a sensitive skin type
Acne is a problem people of all ages face. They can be a nuisance and difficult to deal with; besides, they can cause a scarring effect, especially when you pop and pick them. Some of these scars fade over time, but several others refuse to let go and stay permanently. However, with some acne scar treatment products, you can lessen or get rid of them. We have recommended some of the most effective products above. Check them out and pick anyone you feel will work best for you.