Which are the best clippers for bald heads? Should you go with one of the leading manufacturers of hair clippers or try to save money with an inexpensive brand?
If your goal is to maintain a neatly trimmed appearance or a smooth skull, go with one of the best balding clippers. It’s worth the investment because you’ll get a closer cut in a shorter amount of time. You won’t have to go over the same spot so many times and risk razor rash. Also, you won’t have to trim as often.
Moreover, the best clippers are made to last for years of service and it’s not hard to get replacement blades for them. Check out our top picks below:
|The best clippers for bald heads||Highlights|
|Oster Classic 76 Professional Hair Clippers||
|Wahl Professional Series Detailer #8081||
|Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper #8110||
|Andis 01690 Professional Fade Master Hair Clipper||
|Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit||
|Remington HC6550 Cordless Vacuum Haircut Kit||
|Andis 17150(TS-1) Pro Foil Lithium Titanium Foil Shaver||
- 1 Tips for choosing the best clippers
- 2 Best Clippers for Bald Heads in 2023
- 2.1 Oster Classic 76 Professional Hair Clippers
- 2.2 Wahl Professional Series Detailer #8081
- 2.3 Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper #8110
- 2.4 Andis 01690 Professional Fade Master Hair Clipper
- 2.5 Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit
- 2.6 Remington HC6550 Cordless Vacuum Haircut Kit
- 2.7 Andis 17150(TS-1) Pro Foil Lithium Titanium Foil Shaver
- 3 Conclusion
Tips for choosing the best clippers
You could make it easy on yourself and just purchase clippers from one of the leading brands like Oster, Wahl, Andis, or Remington. Or you can ask your barber what they use for a bald head.
Still, you can narrow down the choices based on how you’ll be using the clippers. Is it only for your head, or would a beard trimmer be helpful, too?
Plus, there are hair clippers that come in a kit with other attachments for trimming nose hair and more.
If you travel, it’s convenient to get one of the best cordless balding clippers. But for regular trims at home, a corded model with a rotary motor is more powerful and durable.
Lastly, it’s smart to consider details like whether the blade is zero-gapped or adjustable, the weight of the clippers, and whether they come with a warranty.
Best Clippers for Bald Heads in 2023
Oster Classic 76 Professional Hair Clippers
What do barbers use for a bald head? We wouldn’t be surprised to see these clippers hanging from their metal loop in any barbershop.
This package comes with the #1 and #000 blades for close cuts and fades, but you can also purchase a #0000 blade. It practically shaves the head, so watch out for moles!
The one-speed universal motor slices quickly through wet or dry hair without pulling any strands. It’s so powerful that the sound of the motor doesn’t even change when up against coarse hair.
These durable clippers are designed to be used all day long and should provide years of service. They have a textured grip and a nine-foot cord to help you get the job done in comfort.
- True professional barber tool with a powerful one-speed universal motor
- Quickly trims wet, dry, or coarse hair
- Comes with close-cut #1 and #000 blades but other sizes are available
- Textured grip and nine-foot power cord
- No adjustable guard – change the cutting length by installing a different blade
Wahl Professional Series Detailer #8081
Wahl makes a variety of different clippers and trimmers, and the selection can be a little overwhelming as they can seem quite similar to one another. We included this detailer because it’s made for precision lines and very close trimming. It’s ideal for guys who are naturally mostly bald and those who have beards. There’s nothing wrong with using it off-label to get as close a cut as possible without using a razor.
We also like the fact that it has a compact shape and doesn’t weigh much. It measures 5 inches long and weighs a hair under 7 ounces. Another bonus is the eight-foot chemical-resistant power cord.
The blade is not zero-gapped at the factory, but it’s adjustable. Moreover, the blade doesn’t necessarily have to be replaced as it can be sharpened.
Meanwhile, the rotary motor is quieter than professional clippers tend to be, and it doesn’t heat up the casing much even though it cuts rapidly.
The box includes three T-shaped trimming guides, oil, and a cleaning brush.
- Offers extremely close trims and precision lines
- Compact, lightweight, and doesn’t get hot
- Rotary motor is quiet and makes for quick cuts
- Blade is adjustable
- Comes with T-shaped trimming guides, cleaning brush, and oil
- Has an eight-foot power cord
- Not everyone will be satisfied using this tool as balding clippers
Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper #8110
Here’s the question everyone is asking: are Wahl balding clippers good? The consensus is yes, as long as you don’t expect them to get as close as a wet shave. If you like a little shadow, you’ll be pleased with the results.
This is not one of those light-duty consumer clippers. It’s a powerful one-pound beast with a V5000+ electromagnetic motor to do fades in a flash. Plus, it comes with two attachment combs to trim hair, making it all-around useful in a barbershop.
The clippers also come with a chemical-resistant eight-foot cord, #2105 blade, cleaning brush, blade guard, and oil.
- Rapid, close to the skin shaves
- V5000+ professional-grade electromagnetic motor
- Also convenient for fades and trims
- Chemical-resistant eight-foot power cord
- Comes with two attachment combs, cleaning brush, blade guard, and oil
- It’s a professional tool that’s noticeably heavier than retail clippers, especially cordless models
Andis 01690 Professional Fade Master Hair Clipper
Truth be told, this is the most versatile clipper for a bald head. Not only does it do balding, but it’s perfect for fades and freehand work. The secret lies in its adjustable blade for changes on the fly. Thumb the lever from 00000 to 000 or zero-gap the blade if you like.
Although the blade is carbon steel for extra sharpness and durability, the clipper body is aluminum. That keeps the weight down to only 20 ounces and makes it practically unbreakable.
Meanwhile, the magnetic motor outputs fourteen thousand strokes per minute. It’s fast, but it gets a bit warm. One pro recommended cooling it on tile or a stone surface.
- Most versatile clipper for bald heads
- Thumb lever to adjust the blade from 00000 to 000
- Carbon steel can be zero-gapped
- Magnetic motor outputs 14,000 strokes per minute
- Aluminum housing
- Comes with blade guard and oil
- Made in the USA
- Tends to heat up under heavy use
Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit
Here is the easiest clipper to use on a bald head. No, it won’t give you as close a shave as a razor. But if you don’t mind looking like Jason Statham, it’s ideal.
First, the clipper is lightweight and cordless, providing up to forty minutes of cutting time before the lithium battery needs to be recharged. However, the downside is that it takes four hours to charge.
Next, the blade is wide and curved to contour to the head. You can literally comb it through your hair or across your scalp and be done in minutes. Since the kit includes nine different combs, you can do anything from a close shave to a buzz cut. (The guide combs measure 1.5mm to 12mm or 1/16 to 5/8-inches).
Lastly, the blade can be rinsed under the faucet. And the package comes with a travel pouch and a charging adapter.
- Easiest clipper for bald heads
- Provides a close shave, leaving only light shadow
- Comes with nine guide combs for longer styles
- Curved blade follows the contour of the head
- Cordless and lightweight, runs up to forty minutes
- Can be rinsed clean
- Comes with adapter and travel pouch
- Four-hour recharge time
Remington HC6550 Cordless Vacuum Haircut Kit
Let’s be honest, one of the major deterrents to doing at-home haircuts is cleaning up the mess afterward. Remington solves the problem with a cordless clipper featuring a vacuum for the clippings. It claims to catch up to 95% of trimmed hair, and reviewers say it saves them a lot of work. Now it only takes them a moment to wipe up a few stray hairs.
Furthermore, the blades can be rinsed under running water. But that’s not to say that the whole device is waterproof. If you’re going to give yourself a trim in the shower, do it before turning on the water. On the bright side, now you won’t be clogging the drain.
The blade is titanium-coated to tackle thick hair, making it useful for beards, too. Happily, there are eleven combs in varying lengths and this means others in the family may want to use the clippers as well. The kit comes with barber scissors, a cleaning brush, and blade oil.
Although the lithium battery takes four hours to charge, it offers sixty minutes of runtime. Remington also includes a two-year warranty.
- Keeps things neat with an onboard vacuum to suck up most of the clippings
- Titanium-coated blade handles thick hair and beards
- Blade can be rinsed
- Lithium battery with sixty minutes of runtime
- Kit includes eleven guide combs, barber scissors, cleaning brush, and blade oil
- Takes four hours to recharge
Andis 17150(TS-1) Pro Foil Lithium Titanium Foil Shaver
How do you get rid of the shadow left behind by clippers? A wet shave will leave your scalp gleaming and so will this foil shaver. If you prefer everything smooth and soft, it provides a skin-close shave just like a straight razor.
This lithium-powered cordless shaver quickly removes stubble and prevents razor rash because it doesn’t need multiple passes. The rotary motor runs up to eighty minutes on a charge.
It has a hypoallergenic titanium foil with octagonal openings to keep it from dragging or skipping spots. Reviewers say it doesn’t need to be pressed hard against the skin to do a close shave.
- Gives a skin-close shave just like a straight razor
- Lithium battery operates up to eighty minutes on a charge
- Hypoallergenic titanium foil prevent dragging, skipping, and razor rash
- Any remaining hair must be stubble short before shaving
The best balding clippers are the ones that give you a professional haircut at home. Choose the ones with the features you want most, whether it’s an adjustable blade, cordless convenience, or a kit with extra combs for trimming a beard.
Check back soon to see more reviews of the best grooming products for men.
Leave a Reply