Sensitive scalps are prone to itching, inflammation, irritation, flakiness, etc. Most people blame the issue on the shampoo they currently use, thinking the product is fake and not effective. While that can be true to some extent, it does not typically mean that the product is not genuine. It could be that it’s not designed to help handle issues that plague sensitive skin. So, changing your shampoo to another product might not help either—unless the product is designed for sensitive scalp. Therefore, the best solution in such a case is to start hunting for the best shampoos for sensitive scalps.
We have highlighted some products you can trust below. Read on to find out the features of each product and determine which one is best for you.
|The best shampoo for sensitive scalp||Why we love them|
|ATTITUDE Unscented Volumizing Hair Shampoo||
|Tea Tree Special Shampoo||
|Aveeno Rose Water and Chamomile Blend Shampoo||
|Free and Clear Hair Shampoo||
|Botanic Hearth Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner Set||
|Aveeno Apple Cider Vinegar Sulfate-Free Shampoo||
|Peppermint Shampoo and Conditioner by Tree to Tub||
|Neutrogena Soothing and Calming Healthy Scalp Shampoo||
|BIOLAGE Scalpsync No-Dandruff Shampoo||
|Yes To Tea Tree Scalp Relief Soothing Shampoo||
- 1 What is good for a sensitive scalp?
- 2 Best Shampoos for Sensitive Scalps in 2022
- 2.1 ATTITUDE Unscented Volumizing Hair Shampoo
- 2.2 Tea Tree Special Shampoo
- 2.3 Aveeno Rose Water and Chamomile Blend Shampoo
- 2.4 Free and Clear Hair Shampoo
- 2.5 Botanic Hearth Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- 2.6 Aveeno Apple Cider Vinegar Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- 2.7 Peppermint Shampoo and Conditioner by Tree to Tub
- 2.8 Neutrogena Soothing and Calming Healthy Scalp Shampoo
- 2.9 BIOLAGE Scalpsync No-Dandruff Shampoo
- 2.10 Yes To Tea Tree Scalp Relief Soothing Shampoo
- 3 Conclusion
What is good for a sensitive scalp?
If you have noticed that your scalp is becoming sensitive lately, there are several causes. They include allergic reactions, Infections of the hair follicle shafts, cysts, acne, tight hairstyles, and numerous other reasons. However, regardless of the cause, you can easily overcome the challenge if you learn to treat your scalp right. Therefore, learn to avoid using harsh products on your scalp and avoid using hot water or sharp objects. Most importantly, learn to use anti-dandruff shampoo and those designed for sensitive scalps, such as the ones we listed below.
Best Shampoos for Sensitive Scalps in 2022
ATTITUDE Unscented Volumizing Hair Shampoo
Sensitive skin requires unique care products like Attitude Volumizing Hair Shampoo. Its job is to protect your scalp while it helps revive and infuse your hair with the required nourishment. It contains oatmeal as its base ingredient known to protect the hair from environmental damage, reduce the risk of hair breakage, and help to increase elasticity for easy manageability.
- Helps soothe and hydrate your scalp leaving your hair shiny and smooth
- Made with mineral and plant-based ingredients in compliance with EWG standards
- Gently cleanse your hair and offer complete peace of mind!
- Perfectly blended with oatmeal, known for its natural nourishing and soothing properties
- Gently protect the sensitive scalp and deeply hydrate your hair with grape seed oil
- It’s very thick and doesn’t spread well
- Some customers complain about the smell
Tea Tree Special Shampoo
This product is the best-selling shampoo in today’s market. Most people with sensitive skin and scalp prefer it over other typical shampoo products since it protects the scalp and offers all the benefits most shampoo products offer with a bit of extra. It will invigorate your hair and scalp while leaving it healthy with a fine-looking luster. Tea Tree is its base ingredient known to eliminate impurities and infuse hair with reviving ingredients effectively.
- Its peppermint, Natural tea tree oil, and lavender invigorate the scalp
- Leaves your hair full of vitality and luster
- The combination of tea tree oil and Special ingredients rids your hair of impurities
- A refreshing cleanser that’s great for all hair types
- Designed to leaves hair strands refreshingly clean and full of shine
- Contains peppermint, and your scalp may feel slightly tingly, but it’s safe even for sensitive scalp
Aveeno Rose Water and Chamomile Blend Shampoo
If you are looking for a shampoo product that will take good care of your scalp and your hair—give you a healthy scalp, and nourish every bit of your hair strand, Aveeno Rosewater, and Chamomile Blend Shampoo is your best plug. It has oat has its base ingredient, and it is mixed with wholesome farm-fresh ingredients. You are about to experience the soothing, moisturizing, and nourishing effect in a new dimension.
- It’s a farm-fresh, scalp-soothing inspired shampoo blend
- Its chamomile and delicate rose water helps give you that bouncy and soft-as-a-petal look
- A gentle shampoo that’s ideal for thin or fragile hair and sensitive skin
- It’s safe for all hair types, including color-treated hair, free of sulfates, parabens, and dyes
- A product that promotes healthy hair & scalp
- It may make the hair feel weighed down a little after washing, but relieved after a while
- Has a choky solid smell, but it’s safe—even for people with fragrance allergy
Free and Clear Hair Shampoo
Here you have fragrance-free shampoo formulas that have a particular affinity with sensitive scalp and skin. By design, it will remove scaling and flaking while it also helps to control oily scalp. If you have build-ups from several uses of hair sprays and other hair products, apply the Free and Clear hair shampoo for a refreshing—free and clear—appearance. It will leave your hair clean and soft for easy manageability.
- Free of common chemical irritants such as dyes, masking fragrances, formaldehyde, parabens, etc.
- Helps to balance the skin pH level and control oily scalp
- Perfect for all skin and hair types—including sensitive scalps and color-treated hair
- Helps to remove flaking and scaling as it leaves the hair clean and improves manageability
- Removes build-up from hair sprays, conditioners, and other hair care products
- Does not slide well on hair which makes it challenging to apply and spread
- Makes the hair feel dry at first but balanced after some time
Botanic Hearth Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner Set
This shampoo product from Botanic Hearth is a combination of various scalp and hair-loving ingredients. It contains hundred percent botanical ingredients such as aloe vera, tree oil, lavender oil, peppermint, etc. these ingredients can make your hair go strong—to avoid breakage, and remain healthy. They are also gentle enough to keep your scalp safe.
- Clarifying shampoo and conditioner set that’s gentle enough for
- Expertly formulated with scalp and hair loving ingredients
- The ingredients work together to promote refreshingly clean, soothing, and hydrated scalp and hair
- Great for daily use and all hair types—including color-protected hair
- Designed to soothe, invigorate, and deeply nourish your scalp and hair
- You may need to conduct a patch test to determine its compatibility with your skin type
- It must not come in contact with your eyes
Aveeno Apple Cider Vinegar Sulfate-Free Shampoo
For some people, the problem they have with their hair begins from the root. That’s why it is advisable to get a shampoo product, such as this Aveeno Apple Cider shampoo, which deals with the problem from its source. It helps to clarify and soothe your scalp while it goes to the root of hair production to add strength, shine, volume, etc., to every hair strand.
- Infused with apple cider vinegar to add volume and high shine to dull hair and clarify the scalp
- It reinforces and cleanses the shine from root to tip
- It’s free of dyes, sulfates, and parabens, making it safe for all hair types—including color-treated hair
- Blended in perfect balance with wholesome ingredients
- Helps to nourish your strands and soothe your scalp for beautiful hair from root to tip
- Some customers compare the smell to that of a toxin, but not harmful
Peppermint Shampoo and Conditioner by Tree to Tub
This shampoo from Tree to Tub contains a tiny fruit seed called the Soapberry. Do you know this Soapberry contains rich micronutrients that the skin naturally carves for? It’s a fruit known to the people of Asia for thousands of years, and it’s known to be great at creating the most creamy and gentle suds—one that is very beneficial to the skin. You no longer have to subject your skin to the harshness of chemicals when you can take hold of this natural soap for yourself available in this shampoo.
- Keep your scalp’s pH at approximately 5.5 to have robust and healthy hair
- It’s ideal for dry or sensitive scalps to protect oily hair and other hair types prone to issues
- Products are harvested from nature and are hundred percent botanical
- Contains reinvigorating and luxurious peppermint essential oil
- Also contains naturally balancing properties for Ayurvedic nourishment and ceremonial cleansing
- You may have to use a lot of shampoos to see a significant result
- It doesn’t lather much
Neutrogena Soothing and Calming Healthy Scalp Shampoo
With Neutrogena scalp soothing and calming, you have a shampoo that moisturizes and soothes the hair from its root to the tip with the fantastic benefits of tree oil. It will help reduce the hitching and other feelings of discomfort that you may be feeling from having a sensitive scalp. It is also refreshing and reviving, and suitable for almost all hair types.
- It Soothe and Moisturize hair from root to tip
- Help calm dry scalp and cleanse strands
- Serves as a natural conditioning agent that helps to revive and refresh the scalp
- It’s a Non-Medicated, and Gentle Shampoo and Conditioner
- Nourishes and balances the scalp’s pH and helps to maintain the scalp’s natural barrier
- Smells in a way some people will consider unpleasant
- Ensure you apply only in a small amount to avoid heavy lather
BIOLAGE Scalpsync No-Dandruff Shampoo
Mint leaf is known to have anti-bacterial and calming properties, so when you find a product such as this Biolage Scalpsync shampoo, get it! With this shampoo, you can say goodbye to dandruff. With its Pyrithione Zinc ingredient, you get to target dandruff and any appearance of flake, etc., your scalp can now enjoy the fresh air and new life.
- Contains calming and anti-bacterial properties of the Mint Leaf
- Helps target dandruff, relieves scalp irritation, and controls the appearance of visible flakes
- Helps to Purify for a healthy-looking, clean scalp
- Cleanses excess oil from the scalp and hair
- Weightlessly nourishes and soothes to condition hair and promote a healthy-looking scalp
- The container is a little too fragile and feels like it’s going to break open at any moment
Yes To Tea Tree Scalp Relief Soothing Shampoo
In this shampoo, you’ll find a combination of sage oil and tea tree. This combination is known to have a calming and soothing effect on any scalp experiencing dryness and an itchy feeling. So, get your relief from this pH-balancing, cleansing, moisturizing, and soothing shampoo.
- Helps to clarify and remove build-up from the scalp
- Serves as a moisturizing shampoo that helps to gently cleanse, soothe, and moisturize itchy and dry scalp
- Formulated with Tea Tree Oil, Salicylic Acid, and Sage Oil
- While helping to soothe your irritated scalp, it provides a pleasant fresh scent that will last all day
- Formulated without Parabens and Silicones
- Expect a tingly feeling, but it’s going to be fun instead of hurtful
- Takes time to rinse off completely
It’s easy to spot shampoo in today’s saturated market. However, it is challenging to find one from a genuine brand. If you’re lucky enough to get a genuine one, you may find that it’s compatible with your skin type—especially if you have a sensitivity. That’s why you need the best shampoo for the sensitive scalp, as we’ve suggested above.