What should men use for a manicure? There’s no need to pull out a pocketknife to pare your nails or bite them down to the quick. The best manicure sets for men cover the basics to keep nails and cuticles neat and clean.
What’s in a men’s manicure set? You might find clippers, scissors, cuticle nippers, and a nail file, for starters. Some leather manicure sets include tweezers, nose hair trimmers, and an elegant carrying case. Check out the highlights below:
|The best manicure sets for men
|GERMANIKURE 4pc Manicure Set
|TopInox® "IMANTADO XL" Manicure Set for Men
|ZWILLING Classic Inox Manicure Set 6-pc Snap Fastener Case
|Nippes Solingen Premium Line Manicure Set
|3 Swords Germany – 10-Piece Manicure Pedicure Grooming Kit
|Tweezerman Essential Grooming Kit
|Victorinox Swiss Army Nail Clip 580 Swiss Army Knife
|FAMILIFE Manicure Set
- 1 How to do a quick and easy manicure – nail care for guys
- 2 Best Manicure Sets for Men in 2024
- 2.1 GERMANIKURE 4pc Manicure Set
- 2.2 TopInox® “IMANTADO XL” Manicure Set for Men
- 2.3 ZWILLING Classic Inox Manicure Set 6-pc Snap Fastener Case
- 2.4 Nippes Solingen Premium Line Manicure Set
- 2.5 3 Swords Germany – 10-Piece Manicure Pedicure Grooming Kit
- 2.6 Tweezerman Essential Grooming Kit
- 2.7 Victorinox Swiss Army Nail Clip 580 Swiss Army Knife
- 2.8 FAMILIFE Manicure Set
- 3 Conclusion
How to do a quick and easy manicure – nail care for guys
It’s always easier to trim nails after washing because they are softer. Soaking them for a few minutes accomplishes the same purpose.
Once you’re ready, grab clippers and snip straight across so that only a narrow bit of white remains. You can also use fingernail scissors for this purpose. Don’t worry about slightly jagged edges because you can file those in a moment.
Next, snip hangnails and torn bits of cuticle, but be careful not to cause bleeding. If you have a cuticle pusher, use it to push the cuticle away from the tip of the nail into a nice curve. This may leave a pile of extra skin sticking up which you can trim with cuticle nippers.
Third, use the pointed tip of the nail file to carefully remove any debris underneath nails. Then, file the rough edges until they no longer snag on fabric. If you use short strokes in a single direction, it’s better for the nails.
You can also go the extra mile and make nails shiny and smooth without using polish. All it takes is a buffing block and a few more minutes of work. Generally, a buffing block has multiple sides with various grits. Start with the rough, finish with the smooth.
Last, if you’re satisfied, put on lotion. Think of it like boiling wood you just sanded to protect it from the elements.
Best Manicure Sets for Men in 2024
GERMANIKURE 4pc Manicure Set
This men’s manicure set made in Germany may be the last one you ever need to buy. The tools are handcrafted from high carbon stainless steel and they come with a lifetime guarantee.
All the steel is FINOX from Sweden, famous for its ability to resist dulling. Moreover, the fingernail and toenail clippers are both titanium-coated. They are not going to rust like those cheap clippers from the drugstore.
What’s nice is that the scissors are self-sharpening. If you’ve ever tried to sharpen little curved blades on fingernail scissors, you’ll appreciate this pair. It doesn’t hurt that the finger holes are a reasonable size, either.
Lastly, the Bohemian crystal glass nail file comes from the Czech Republic. It works either wet or dry. Both it and the other tools are ethically made in an environmentally responsible facility without the use of child labor.
Everything stores in a black leather pouch that measures about 2.36 by 4.13-inches. It’s a perfect gift for the minimalist who loves to travel and the man who always wants to be prepared.
- Titanium-coated clippers and self-sharpening scissors handcrafted from high carbon Swedish steel
- Tools resist corrosion and dulling
- Bohemian crystal glass nail file, usable wet or dry
- Black leather travel pouch
- Covered by a lifetime guarantee
- Not inexpensive until you add up all the cheap sets you won’t have to buy and throw away through the years
TopInox® “IMANTADO XL” Manicure Set for Men
If you have thick nails that are difficult to cut, take a closer look at this men’s manicure set. It includes a large nail nipper that can handle whatever the large toenail clipper cannot.
Besides the small fingernail clipper, there are nail scissors and blunt-tip scissors for trimming hairs. Next to these are a nail file and tweezers. (If you’d like cuticle nippers, they are sold separately).
There are seven manicure tools total. All of them are handmade in Germany by adult artisans. Each is stainless steel with a matte finish that resists fingerprints. Each tool has its own spot inside the black leather case, which measures 4.33 by 6.10-inches.
If you have a nickel allergy, rest easy as all the tools are hypoallergenic and nickel-free. Each can be sanitized with alcohol or a professional germicidal.
- Set of seven matte-finish manicure tools handcrafted in Germany from stainless steel
- Includes large nail nipper, large toenail clipper, small fingernail clipper, tweezers, nail file, fingernail scissors, and blunt tip scissors
- Nickel-free steel can be sterilized with professional solutions or rubbing alcohol
- Leather case has a specific spot for each tool
- Made by adult artisans in a facility that doesn’t employ children
- If the price makes you blink, ask yourself how much would you pay for each of these tools individually
ZWILLING Classic Inox Manicure Set 6-pc Snap Fastener Case
Who can resist gleaming, highly-polished stainless steel? In this shiny set, you’ll find nail scissors, clippers, a sapphire-coated nail file, a slant tweezer, and a two-ended manicure tool. One side cleans nails and the other pushes back cuticles. Everything fits neatly in the black yak leather case.
FYI, the case has a snap closure and a black velvet lining which makes everything look that much more luxurious.
If you’re familiar with the ZWILLING brand, you already know that when they make something sharp, it stays sharp. Up until we wrote these reviews, we never tried manicure tools from this brand, but our chef’s knives are still rust-free and going strong after a decade.
- Highly-polished stainless steel manicure tools from a reputable manufacturer
- Includes clippers, nail scissors, slant tweezer, dual-ended manicure tool, and sapphire-coated nail file
- Comes with a velvet-lined black leather case
- Snap closure may eventually give out, but we’ve seen no complaints about it yet
Nippes Solingen Premium Line Manicure Set
This brand has been hand-forging and hand-grinding stainless steel tools in Germany for nearly a century. You can count on this manicure set to serve you well for years to come. It’s corrosion-resistant to the point where you can disinfect the instruments and expose them to high humidity without damaging them. The metal is nickel-free, too. In the end, the case is likely to fall apart before the tools ever need to be replaced.
The kit includes nail scissors, cuticle scissors, tweezers, a nail cleaner, a cuticle pusher, and a sapphire nail file. It all fits in an Italian cowhide leather case that zips closed.
- High-quality nickel-free stainless steel manicure tools
- Will withstand high humidity and frequent disinfection without rusting or dulling
- Comes with nail and cuticle scissors, nail cleaner and cuticle pusher, tweezers, and nail file
- Zippered Italian cowhide case
- The case comes in only one color
3 Swords Germany – 10-Piece Manicure Pedicure Grooming Kit
Let’s switch gears to budget-friendly options like this leather manicure set. By leather, we mean the case. It’s also available in denim and vegan leather in different colors.
Inside the tightly packed zippered kit are a wide assortment of tools that go beyond the basic manicure. It’s not just nail scissors, large and small clippers, file, tweezers, nail cleaner and cuticle pusher, and nose hair trimmers. There are also handy extras like a travel toothbrush, shoehorn, microfiber cloth for polishing the tools, and a comb.
The metal tools are handmade by the famed 3 Swords brand in Germany. The nickel-plated steel they use is carefully hardened and polished to resist corrosion. Plus, the company stands behind each manicure set with a satisfaction guarantee.
Reviewers say it’s a nice kit and convenient for travel.
- Manicure set from a well-known German brand
- Budget-priced and plenty of value for the money
- Nickel-plated steel tools like clippers, scissors, tweezers, and nose hair trimmers
- Handy extras like a folding toothbrush and comb
- Backed by a satisfaction guarantee
- Has extras that some reviewers found unnecessary
Tweezerman Essential Grooming Kit
This compact manicure set has something called a Tweezerette. These are tweezers with tiny tips for removing splinters and ingrown hairs. It’s extremely precise unlike regular tweezers.
Then, there are facial hair scissors, a nail file/cleaner, and fingernail clippers. All the stainless steel tools fit in a black leather case.
Reviewers say the tools seem to be good quality. The clippers and nail tool come from China, the scissors from Italy, and the tweezers and case from India.
We also heard complaints about tools falling out of the case, but they won’t if they are placed in the correct slots. Each instrument has a specific spot.
- Features a Tweezerette for ingrown hair and splinter removal
- Nail file/cleaner, fingernail clippers, and facial hair scissors with a blunt tip
- Compact black leather case
- The case is more than adequate as long as the tools are properly placed inside
Victorinox Swiss Army Nail Clip 580 Swiss Army Knife
This is the best minimal manicure set. What could be better than a Swiss-made pocketknife anyway? Of course it comes with a lifetime warranty.
It offers a nail clipper, tweezers, nail cleaner, file, scissors, knife blade, toothpick, and a key ring. It weighs 1.3 ounces and measures 2.6 by 0.7-inches. Tell me where we can find a manicure kit more compact than this!
- Minimalist manicure set
- Swiss-made precision-crafted pocketknife with manicure tools
- Has a clipper, tweezers, nail file, nail cleaner, toothpick, scissors, and key ring
- The scissors aren’t ideal for trimming nails or cuticles
FAMILIFE Manicure Set
Let’s wrap up with the best budget manicure set for the money. It’s likely to become the go-to manicure set for everyone in the family. Plus, the zippered leather case comes in a variety of colors.
Besides the typical large and small clippers, nippers, scissors, tweezers, cuticle pusher, and nail file, there’s something we’ve never seen before. It’s an ear pick. It’s the one tool we haven’t tried, but we’re sure there’s a video somewhere that can explain what to do with it.
- Large and small clippers, scissors, tweezers, nail file, cuticle pusher, nippers, and an ear pick
- Zippered leather case available in different colors
- This manicure set is likely to disappear because other family members are going to want to use it – get more than one
Get yourself one of the best manicure sets so that trimming your nails isn’t a hassle anymore. As you already know, having the right tools makes all the difference.
We hope our reviews helped you find what you need today. Check back soon to see the top grooming and beauty recommendations to make your life easier.