There are at least three reasons to try skincare capsules and ampoules. First, they provide a carefully measured amount of potent anti-aging ingredients. Each dose is consistent with the next, ensuring you never get too much or not enough.
Second, they are ideal for traveling as they don’t count against a liquid allowance. Bring just what you need and save space in the carry-on!
And third, the individual packaging protects against contamination and spoilage. It’s also likely better for the environment since the wrapping is either biodegradable or recyclable.
But we bet you’re already convinced that single-dose capsules of skincare are already a good thing. All we want to do is help you pick the best skincare capsules for your needs. Check out our top picks below:
|The best skincare capsules||Why we love them|
|ROC Multi Correxion Hyaluronic Acid Night Serum Capsules (30 CT) + RoC Retinol Capsules||
|Vichy LiftActiv Peptide-C Ampoule||
|Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair 20% Vitamin C Face Serum Capsules||
|Meaningful Beauty Wrinkle Smoothing Capsules||
|ELEMIS Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules||
|VT COSMETICS CICA Capsule Mask||
|EVE LOM | Cleansing Oil Capsules||
- 1 Best Skincare Capsules in 2023
- 1.1 ROC Multi Correxion Hyaluronic Acid Night Serum Capsules + RoC Retinol Capsules
- 1.2 Vichy LiftActiv Peptide-C Ampoule
- 1.3 Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair 20% Vitamin C Face Serum Capsules
- 1.4 Meaningful Beauty Wrinkle Smoothing Capsules
- 1.5 ELEMIS Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules
- 1.6 VT COSMETICS CICA Capsule Mask
- 1.7 EVE LOM | Cleansing Oil Capsules
- 2 Conclusion
Best Skincare Capsules in 2023
ROC Multi Correxion Hyaluronic Acid Night Serum Capsules + RoC Retinol Capsules
These might be drugstore skincare capsules, but they are incredibly effective and highly unlikely to cause adverse reactions when used according to the instructions. If you’re concerned about fine lines, wrinkles, or dark spots, these are the solution.
It’s a two-part package with both retinol capsules and hyaluronic acid capsules. They are designed to be applied at bedtime to take advantage of the skin’s natural rejuvenation cycle.
The retinol capsules are clinically proven to work magic overnight. No, seriously, 97% of the participants woke up with visibly reduced lines. By the end of four weeks, they enjoyed smoother, firmer skin that was also more plump and hydrated. The capsules leave the complexion looking and feeling younger.
What’s in the retinol capsule? RoC blends a pure form of retinol with a potent antioxidant that’s two times stronger than vitamin E. There are no parabens, fragrances, formaldehyde, mineral oil, or phthalates included.
Next, the hyaluronic acid capsules counteract the natural aging process by restoring the balance. Hyaluronic acid levels decline as we age, and our skin becomes drier and less firm as a result. But the capsules boost the amount, helping the skin draw in moisture.
Again, clinical trials showed that a single night’s treatment made an obvious improvement. After one week, all of the participants even had fewer visible wrinkles and lines and a measurable increase in moisture levels.
Just like the retinol capsules, the hyaluronic acid capsules are vegetal-based and free of artificial fragrances and parabens. (Compare that to certain retinol creams that require parabens to keep them fresh).
- Potent anti-aging skincare capsules clinically proven to show results after only one use
- Firm and hydrate the skin, reducing wrinkles and fine lines
- Free of artificial fragrances, parabens, and fillers
- Vegetal-based capsules
- It’s tempting to try to save money by cutting the capsules in half, but the results may not be as dramatic
Vichy LiftActiv Peptide-C Ampoule
You’ve probably heard that vitamin C is good for the skin. Not only does it stimulate collagen production to smooth wrinkles, but it also fades discoloration and guards against premature aging.
The problem is that vitamin C serums aren’t as potent as they could be because they have to resist spoilage. Shelf-stable vitamin C doesn’t provide results as quickly as the fresh stuff. That’s where these ampoules come in handy. Each amber glass vial contains only ten ingredients including peptides and bioavailable, fresh vitamin C. There are no preservatives, fragrances, parabens, silicone, alcohol, or oils.
Reviewers say that the serum sinks in quickly and leaves the skin noticeably more radiant after the first use. A clinical trial found that the formula leaves the skin noticeably smoother in only ten days, with visibly fewer wrinkles after one month.
The packaging is recyclable and straightforward to use. The box includes one reusable plastic cap, so don’t throw that away. You’ll need it after you snap open the vial and use half the product in the morning. Then, close the ampoule with the cap and save it until bedtime.
- Fresh, preservative-free formula in amber glass ampoules
- Only ten ingredients including peptides and vitamin C
- For radiant, smooth skin – fades fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots
- Free of parabens, silicone, alcohol, and oils
- Recyclable packaging
- It’s a little scary to snap open the glass top the first time, but if you use a tissue, it seems safe enough
Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair 20% Vitamin C Face Serum Capsules
Each of these soft little capsules is made out of seaweed and it’s biodegradable and water. Pinch and twist it open to squeeze out a concentrated dose of antioxidants for your skin.
Unlike the Vichy serum, the skincare capsules have silicone, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Silicone locks in moisture and makes the skin feel silky soft. It doesn’t clog pores like an oil can.
The formula has no parabens or preservatives, alcohol, artificial fragrances, oils, or dyes. It’s made by a dermatologist-recommended brand and has been clinically tested. Try it if you’d like to fade acne scars or smooth lines around your mouth or eyes.
Apply it after cleansing and before putting on night cream. Don’t be surprised if it tingles as this is normal for vitamin C serum. If you live in a humid environment, don’t worry if the capsules stick to one another – that doesn’t mean they’ve gone bad as long as they aren’t leaking. Try storing them in a drier place, i.e. not the bathroom.
- Vitamin C serum packed in biodegradable seaweed capsules
- Fades dark spots and fine lines, evens skin tone
- Formula is free of preservatives, colorants, fragrances, alcohol, and oils
- Features dimethicone to seal in moisture without clogging pores
- Capsules may stick to one another if exposed to humidity
Meaningful Beauty Wrinkle Smoothing Capsules
Cindy Crawford’s brand Meaningful Beauty makes purple skincare capsules that turn back time. They promise to smooth creases and leave the skin dewy and more youthful.
Are these retinol capsules? No, they plump the skin with hyaluronic acid, peptides, jojoba, and cucumber. Reviewers say the texture is very silky and the serum absorbs rapidly. It can be used morning, night, or both.
The dose in one capsule is enough to do the entire face and neck.
- Plumps the skin and smooths facial lines
- Contains hyaluronic acid, peptides, jojoba, and cucumber
- Silky texture, absorbs quickly
- Be careful twisting off the top of the capsule as liquid tends to shoot out if you squeeze at the same time
ELEMIS Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules
If you really want to pamper yourself, these skincare capsules feature exotic moringa oil from Tanzania to rejuvenate the skin.
The morning capsule is pink and it contains moringa oil with rose absolute. Apply it to protect your skin against environmental pollution. As you might guess, it smells lovely.
Then, the green capsule contains moringa with lavender harvested at high altitudes. This relaxes and softens the skin to repair it overnight. Apply each sweet-smelling dose with a gentle massage.
Reviewers say the serum heals dry skin and leaves it feeling nicely hydrated. Moreover, like other products from this brand, it’s free of artificial colors, parabens, DEA, and mineral oil.
- Rejuvenates and relaxes dry, stressed skin
- Provides aromatherapy to calm the mind
- Two-dose formula with one capsule in the morning and the other at night
- Moringa, rose absolute, and lavender encourage skin repair and protect against pollution
- Formula is free of parabens, dyes, DEA, and mineral oil
- Perhaps the priciest option, but worth it for fans
VT COSMETICS CICA Capsule Mask
Skincare capsules aren’t always serums. Sometimes they are individually-packed face masks. These little packets are creamy clay masks that exfoliate and cleanse pores. The formula is surprisingly moisturizing, too, unlike the run-of-the-mill clay mask.
The creamy formula is based on kaolin, bentonite, and green tea with plenty of Centella asiatica and propolis. There are also glycerin and hyaluronic acid to draw in moisture.
Apply the mask after cleansing and let it sit for fifteen minutes before rinsing. It will draw out impurities while hydrating the skin. Also, Centella asiatica (AKA cica) is a potent healing herb that works wonders on acne-prone skin.
Users say there’s enough product in each container to do two masks. They say it leaves the skin calmer and softer and doesn’t dry tight.
The only downside would be the artificial fragrance. It smells nice, but those with extra sensitive skin may want to do a patch test just in case.
- Creamy clay masks that cleanse pores, exfoliate, and hydrate the skin
- Green tea, propolis, and Centella asiatica promote healing
- Lightly scented, doesn’t harden or dry the skin
- Has an artificial fragrance
EVE LOM | Cleansing Oil Capsules
This luxury skincare capsule is an oil cleanser. It’s designed for all skin types, even sensitive and oily complexions. Use it as the first part of a double cleansing routine, or enjoy it by itself. It’s especially pleasant if you have dry skin because it moisturizes for up to twelve hours.
The silky formula removes makeup and impurities as you massage it into the skin. Yes, it dissolves waterproof cosmetics, too.
Moreover, it’s mild and nourishing, safe for use during pregnancy and free of harsh ingredients. It contains no perfumes, parabens, formaldehyde, sulfates, or phthalates. There’s no palm oil, either.
Instead, it’s a delicious blend of omega fatty acids and botanical oils like Egyptian chamomile, eucalyptus, and clove. The invigorating herbal fragrance comes from natural ingredients only.
- Infused with omega fatty acids and botanical oils like chamomile, eucalyptus, and clove
- Removes waterproof makeup and impurities
- Safe for sensitive, oily skin and use during pregnancy
- Keeps the skin moisturized for up to twelve hours after washing
- Free of parabens, sulfates, formaldehyde, and fragrances
- Not the least expensive oil cleanser on the market, but an excellent choice for dry skin
Skincare capsules are an innovative solution that everyone should try. There are different kinds to experience, from anti-aging serums to oil cleansers and beauty masks.
We hope our reviews helped you find something that makes you feel beautiful. If so, we’d love to hear about your experience with it. Please feel free to leave us a comment below.
Leave a Reply