The most complicated aspect of wearing makeup is removing it at the close of the day. Anyone who uses makeup knows this fact and that until you find the proper makeup remover, such as the best natural makeup removers, you may continue to struggle with it. However, removing makeup from your face before going to bed is not negotiable. It is a crucial aspect of your skincare routine. You will not only need to remove it, but you will also need to do it properly—leaving no trace behind. Failing to do this will cause your skin pores to clog, and that’s an invitation to irritation, wrinkle, fine line, irritation, and acne attack.
However, for most people, it is not that they don’t know the importance of removing makeup or don’t want to remove it; the problem is finding a perfect makeup remover. But, there are several products designed specifically for this purpose and are called Makeup Removers. By design, they work on the principle of “like dissolves like.” They do what ordinary soap and water or even face cleansers will not do, especially if you use makeup with a waterproof formula.
With that said, we created a list of natural makeup removal you can purchase, especially when you’re keen on natural skincare products. It’s only normal to balance the equation with a natural makeup removal if your other skincare products are of organic formula. Therefore, check out our curated list of natural makeup removal to buy;
|The best natural makeup removers||Why we love them|
|Farmacy Natural Makeup Remover||
|Makeup Remover - with Organic Aloe Vera & Witch Hazel||
|Honest Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes with Grape Seed and Olive Oils||
|Burt's Bees Eye Makeup Remover Pads||
|Odoxia Reusable Makeup Remover Pads||
|Marcelle Gentle Eye Makeup Remover||
|EARTH SCIENCE Chamomile and Green Tea Natural Eye Makeup Remover||
|Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Makeup Remover||
We’ll get back to discuss the details of each product soon. Before then, let’s look at some crucial information about natural makeup removals that can be of help to you in your quest to find the best product out there.
- 1 What’s the Difference between DIY and Natural Makeup Removal?
- 2 Some Chemical and Toxic Ingredients to Avoid in Makeup Removal
- 3 Best Natural Makeup Removers in 2021
- 3.1 Farmacy Natural Makeup Remover
- 3.2 Makeup Remover – with Organic Aloe Vera & Witch Hazel
- 3.3 Honest Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes with Grape Seed and Olive Oils
- 3.4 Burt’s Bees Eye Makeup Remover Pads
- 3.5 Odoxia Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- 3.6 Marcelle Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
- 3.7 EARTH SCIENCE Chamomile and Green Tea Natural Eye Makeup Remover
- 3.8 Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Makeup Remover
- 4 Conclusion
What’s the Difference between DIY and Natural Makeup Removal?
In the bid to find a perfect solution to makeup removal, most people turn towards the use of do-it-yourself (DIY) or at-home solutions. Some of the tools people use include milk, yogurt, rose water, cucumbers, honey mixed with baking soda, etc. These ingredients have proven to work; at least, they prevent unwanted skin breakout and other issues. But, there are challenges they pose as well.
Some of these DIY makeup removers don’t work or cleanse as they should, and you may have to spend a lot of time trying to use them to get the makeup out of your skin pore. However, Natural makeup removal by design works with the principle of dissolution and cleansing. In other words, the composition of the makeup removals is such that they can dissolve, remove, and cleanse the makeup from the cell of your skin’s surface without much effort.
Some Chemical and Toxic Ingredients to Avoid in Makeup Removal
We may not need to reiterate that chemically produced makeup removal is an intended danger to the skin. If you want to protect your skin from unwanted issues, you need to avoid such a product at all costs. However, it’s unfortunate that some products labeled as natural makeup removal have certain chemicals and ingredients in them that you need to avoid. Therefore, always check through the ingredient list for every product and avoid anyone with the following chemicals;
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
Most makeup removers in today’s market have this chemical, even in the ones that claim to be natural and chemical-free. However, research results have shown that SLS causes skin irritation, acne around the mouth, canker sores, etc. therefore, avoid products with SLS.
Many brands in today’s market add fragrance to the ingredients of makeup removal to hide some artificial and chemical ingredients present in the product. When a product has a fragrance on the list of ingredients, the manufacturer is not obliged to disclose the composition of what they term “fragrance”. Therefore, when they say fragrance, they are most likely hiding something. The solution is to avoid such products.
This chemical ingredient is prevalent these days. It’s commonly known that they are harmful to the skin and should be avoided wherever they appear.
Best Natural Makeup Removers in 2021
Farmacy Natural Makeup Remover
A makeup remover that contains natural ingredients like sunflower and ginger root oil. It, therefore, melts even the toughest makeup, including those with long-wearing formula. It won’t strip or dry your skin; instead, it will make your skin hydrated and feel silky clean. It also has Moringa extract in it, which lifts away grime, dirt, impurities, and pollution from the skin. You’ll get exfoliating properties from this makeup remover, and the result is a retexture, even, and younger-looking skin.
- Brings out the best version of your radiant self
- Contains the best possible, naturally derived ingredients
- Crafted using cutting-edge science to harness the healing powers of ingredients
- Gently remove even the toughest long-wear makeup without drying or stripping
- Lifts away impurities from pollution so your skin stays younger
- The jar is small, and so is the content
Makeup Remover – with Organic Aloe Vera & Witch Hazel
We introduce you to one of the most effective and potent all-natural makeup removers. It’s a product designed with a combination of naturally sourced ingredients. Clears away excess oil, the deposit of sweat, dirt, and long-wearing makeup. You do not need to spend money on expensive makeup removers, wipes, or clothes. It offers a unique oil-free and natural formula designed to take off even the toughest, waterproof cosmetics. While many similar products rely on sometimes harsh and dangerous chemicals to dissolve, this product provides a natural alternative. It plays well on your skin, even if you have sensitive skin.
- A gentle but effective makeup remover
- Gets rid of oil, dirt, sweat, and anything else that has built up on your face
- No need to use special wipes or different brands of cleansing oil
- Washes your face and reduce your risk of acne breakouts
- Balanced for any skin type
- Takes a lot of scrubbing to get the makeup out entirely
- You need a huge stock of cotton or wipes because this product takes a lot of them for effective clean
Honest Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes with Grape Seed and Olive Oils
Sometimes you are not at the comfort of your home, yet you need to wipe off the makeup you have on your face. In such a situation, you need a carry-on makeup remover. This product satisfies that condition. With it, you get to remove the makeup on your face daily, regardless of where you are. Another exciting aspect of this product is that it lets you remove the makeup very fast. You don’t struggle with taking it off—it’s a time-saving makeup remover. It has a blend of olive oils and grape seed, which removes not only makeup but also dirt, excess oil, and other impurities.
- Wipes lift away makeup, excess oil, dirt, and other impurities
- Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin
- Free of Parabens, Phthalates, Synthetic fragrances, etc.
- Leaves you feeling fresh and clean
- Has no adverse effect on your skin
- Smells like baby wipes
- You may have to follow up with water and cotton rounds
Burt’s Bees Eye Makeup Remover Pads
The problem most people face with some makeup remover, including some natural makeup remover, is that they have an irritating or peppering effect on the sensitive area of the face. Areas like the thin flesh under the eyes and around the mouth bear this effect. That’s why most people look for products that can touch this area without making them feel irritated. This product by design fits into that category. It’s carefully crafted to remain gently on the skin regardless of the thinness or thickness of the skin. The natural combination of ingredients makes the skin soft and supple, with a remarkable ability to retain and trap moisture.
- Infused with vitamins and royal jelly to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Balance and vitality for skin types that have unique needs
- Specially formulated to bring relief to all skin types
- Deep hydration for smoother skin and improving firmness
- Every application delivers instant, all-night hydration
- May take time to dissolve Waterproof makeup
Odoxia Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
Most people don’t like makeup remover pads because of the scrubbing effect they have on the face. While these concerns are valid since scrubbing the face can cause unwanted skin breakout, this particular makeup remover pad from Odoxia doesn’t offer such an effect. It doesn’t make your skin feel scrubbed because of its gentle nature. Do you know the effect cotton wool has on the skin? That’s exactly the feeling this pad gives to the skin. The significant difference is that this product is reusable. Yes, it is! After cleaning your face with them—fifteen pieces in a pack—you get to take them into your washing machine and clean them for the next few days of use. Awesome!
- Super fluffy and soft beauty pads
- Clean your pores, cleanse your skin, and apply toner
- A natural bamboo face cleaning pad that makes makeup removal very easy
- Perfect for cleaning off waterproof products
- Including a washable mesh laundry bag
- You need to apply a toner to make it work
- They don’t clean for reuse in a single wash—you might need to soak in baking soda water before washing
Marcelle Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
This product offers a comfortable and effortless way to clean off your makeup. While at it, your skin doesn’t feel burnt; instead, it leaves the skin feeling clean and fresh. It boasts a dual formula that is super-gentle and easily removes even long-lasting and waterproof makeup formulas. In it, you’ll find cucumber extract that helps to soothe the delicate part of the eye and provide a refreshingly cool sensation. Its bottle, by design, is mess-free such that it becomes easy to apply the product on your face.
- It’s ultra-gentle and easily removes waterproof and long-lasting makeups
- All formulated without irritants or harsh additives
- Provides the building blocks for glowing skin
- Offers a fresh and cooling sensation
- Has a mess-free bottle that makes it easier to apply
- Has a slightly oily finish
- Some customers complain about the change in formula compared to earlier versions
EARTH SCIENCE Chamomile and Green Tea Natural Eye Makeup Remover
This Green Tea and Chamomile Makeup remover has an effective herbal and gentle formula. It refreshes the skin, purifies the skin pore, and at the same time performs its primary function as makeup removal. It gently lifts away dirt, makeup, impurities, and excess oil without making the skin feel irritated. In it, you’ll find ingredients like Chamomile, Green Tea extract, hyaluronic acid, etc. However, you won’t find ingredients like paraben. It’s also cruelty-free and fragrance-free and suitable for all skin types.
- Gentle, effective, and fragrance
- Works on waterproof makeup and is suitable for all skin types
- Made with natural ingredients to purify and refresh the skin
- A gel-based solution that leaves the skin clear and baby-soft
- Has perfect cleansing effects
- Not the best for waterproof makeup but great if you don’t use waterproof makeup
- Requires a lot of rubbing to get the makeup off
Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Makeup Remover
A product that lets you remove face makeup gently without irritating the sensitive part of the eyes. It is excellent for all skin types and free from chemical substances. In it, you have ingredients like hypoallergenic mixtures, oil-free formula, and no artificial perfumes or chemicals that can irritate the skin. It is a non-greasy formula enriched with Vitamin B5 that’s known to smoothen and rejuvenate the skin.
- Effectively Removes Waterproof Mascara
- Made with skin-loving ingredients
- Provides instant hydration to the skin
- Non-Greasy, and Oil-Free Formula
- Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and pH balanced
- The formula feels different from earlier versions
- You will need to scrub for a longer time to get makeup off completely
Going for a natural makeup remover is the best option because you’re sure your skin is not in any danger. However, you can easily get deceived by several products in today’s market that carry the “natural” label but are not natural. That’s why you may need a few pointers to the products you can buy, and that’s what we’ve done above. Check through and pick any product you feel will best suit your needs.