Bring out your eyes with the best Korean mascara. It’s designed to lengthen, curl, and add volume. Moreover, similar to tubing mascara, it’s long-wearing and smudge-proof.
Although most are black, Korean mascara also comes in brown and burgundy, depending on the brand.
Which K-beauty mascara are you going to try first? Here are our top picks:
|The best Korean mascaras||Why we love them|
|TOUCH IN SOL STRETCHEX Stretch Lash Effect Mascara||
|TONYMOLY Panda's Dream Smudge Out Mascara||
|Peripera Ink Black Mascara | Lengthening||
|CLIO Kill Lash Superproof Mascara||
|IM UNNY Real Fit Skinny Mascara||
|I'M MEME Lash Master-cara||
|3CE PINK I'M GOOD MASCARA||
|ETUDE HOUSE Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara #Long Lash||
- 1 How to choose a Korean mascara
- 2 Best Korean Mascaras in 2021
- 2.1 TOUCH IN SOL STRETCHEX Stretch Lash Effect Mascara
- 2.2 TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream Smudge Out Mascara
- 2.3 Peripera Ink Black Mascara | Lengthening
- 2.4 CLIO Kill Lash Superproof Mascara
- 2.5 IM UNNY Real Fit Skinny Mascara
- 2.6 I’M MEME Lash Master-cara
- 2.7 3CE PINK I’M GOOD MASCARA
- 2.8 ETUDE HOUSE Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara #Long Lash
- 2.9 [Etude House] All Finish Mascara Cleaner
- 3 Conclusion
How to choose a Korean mascara
When shopping for mascara, you might have a certain shade in mind. Unlike Japanese and Western mascara, it’s rare to find bright colors among Korean brands. But they are formulated with such finesse that a single coat of black mascara can accentuate blonde eyelashes. It’s not going to look as stark as you might expect. Furthermore, it’s possible to find brown or burgundy mascara if you prefer something lighter.
Next, many Korean mascaras are not waterproof, but they are long-lasting and resistant to smudging. They are easy to remove with warm water, yet stand up to high humidity, rain, and even a few tears. Still, we’ve included at least one waterproof example in the reviews below. Be sure to check out the matching mascara remover.
Finally, take a look at the type of brush that comes in the tube. Korean mascara comes with different types of brushes including curved and straight. There are also skinny brushes that are ideal for short lashes.
Best Korean Mascaras in 2021
Now that you have an idea, dig in deeper with the detailed mascara reviews below.
TOUCH IN SOL STRETCHEX Stretch Lash Effect Mascara
For reals, this mascara creates the illusion of eyelash extensions. It contains an elastic polymer that coats each lash without looking clumpy. It’s a deep black color that enhances the extra length.
One swipe of the slightly curved brush stretches the lashes. Apply it immediately after curling and it will help the lashes retain their shape all day long.
Place the brush at the roots and raise it upward in a zigzag. The bristles separate, groom, and coat each hair to perfection. Then, the nourishing formula helps them resist breakage. It contains snail secretion, silk protein, and collagen for extra conditioning.
At the end of the day, all you need is warm water to remove it. If you added extra layers, makeup remover will take it off faster.
Reviewers say they’ve gone swimming with it and it stays put, yet warm water really does wash it off. They are pleased with how well it performs, how nice it looks, and how long it lasts without drying out in the tube.
- Long-wearing ultra-black mascara that lengthens eyelashes with an elastic polymer
- Lasts all day without smudging
- Contains conditioners like snail secretion, collagen, and silk protein
- Straightforward to remove with warm water
TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream Smudge Out Mascara
The cuteness factor of this mascara tube is definitely a 10. The lid is a panda’s head. But you’re not buying it just because of that, are you? Even if you are, the other benefits make it worthwhile.
The formula has tiny microfibers that give the eyelashes an incredible amount of volume. Somehow, it doesn’t feel heavy or look fake. The lashes maintain their curl and resist smudging for hours on end. The only con we found is that the mascara takes time to dry.
While you wear it, bamboo hydrates the hairs and strengthens them with silica. Plus, the mascara mostly washes off with warm water. You might need to be patient or use makeup remover if you’re in a hurry.
- Adorable packaging and a phenomenal product
- Microfibers volumize the lashes without weighing down or clumping
- Highly resistant to smudging
- Has bamboo to strengthen and hydrate
- Washes off with warm water
- Takes a little longer than usual to dry after application
Peripera Ink Black Mascara | Lengthening
Let’s face it, some of us have stumpy eyelashes that don’t curl easily. If that describes you, you’re going to love this mascara. Not only does it lengthen each hair, but it also fans out the lashes for extra volume. Adding an extra coat makes an even more dramatic difference without getting clumpy. The brush has just enough curve but not too much to handle bottom lashes.
The mascara resists smudging on oily skin, plus it’s waterproof. It maintains the curl as well by sealing the hairs with a gel layer. This stuff stays put under the most adverse conditions and you will definitely need makeup remover to take it off. (We highly recommend the Etude House remover at the bottom of the reviews).
- Waterproof, smudge-proof, and nearly indestructible
- Inky black mascara magically lengthens the shortest of eyelashes
- Also adds volume by fanning out the lashes
- Can add layers without getting clumpy
- Very difficult to remove unless you use makeup remover
CLIO Kill Lash Superproof Mascara
Don’t take the name literally – this mascara will not kill your eyelashes. Instead, it gives your eyes a killer makeover. It comes in three colors and three types.
Choose from black, Chocolate Brown, and Rose Brown. You also need to decide between Long Curling, Volume Curling, and Sleek Volume. We selected the Long Curling black mascara for this review.
For best results, curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler immediately before applying the mascara. Then, it keeps them curled throughout the day. It coats each hair with gel that also extends the length and prevents smudging.
We were happy to see that like most Korean mascaras, it didn’t clump or flake. It stands up to oily eyelids with no issues. But at the end of the day, you’ll need makeup remover to take it off.
- Available in three colors and three different styles
- Waterproof and smudge-proof even on oily eyelids
- Maintains the curl and makes the lashes look longer
- No clumping or flaking even with multiple coats
- Spend a little more on eye makeup remover to avoid scrubbing your eyes
IM UNNY Real Fit Skinny Mascara
Those with very short eyelashes find that the typical applicator just makes a mess. Instead, use an ultra-thin applicator like the one in this mascara. It’s straight with bristles in a triangular shape, allowing for detailed work.
Moreover, the formula of the mascara prevents clumping and smudging. It contains microfibers that dramatically lengthen each hair. The result is waterproof and long-wearing, withstanding a dip in the pool.
Users say this skinny mascara is thicker than the Innisfree, yet it works well. It creates a clean look even in a beginner’s hands.
- Skinny, straight brush for precision application
- Waterproof, smudge-resistant formula
- Has microfibers to lengthen the lashes
- Does not wash off easily with warm water
I’M MEME Lash Master-cara
This Korean brand of mascara comes in black, burgundy, and brown. Each tube has a curved wand that helps lift and separate the lashes.
The mascara coats each lash to curl and lift with only a single coat. Still, you can add additional coats if desired. It won’t clump or flake.
The moisturizing formula contains hyaluronic acid, soybean seed, and Shikakai extract. These condition dry eyelashes and guard against breakage.
- Moisturizing formula comes in burgundy, brown, or black
- Lengthens short lashes with only a single coat
- Doesn’t clump or flake
- Washes off with warm water
3CE PINK I’M GOOD MASCARA
You’ll never have to root around in the dark to find your mascara. This hot pink tube is easy to find at the bottom of the bag.
The mascara promises to give you doll-eye lashes with a single stroke. But some reviewers found that it took multiple coats to make a significant difference. Still, they said that the minimum C-curl brush was easy to use without making a mess. It’s just big enough for the upper and not too large for the lower lashes.
They were also pleased with how well the mascara resisted smudging. It’s not surprising as it contains a polymer that withstands water and oil. Be sure to grab your makeup remover when it’s time to take it off.
- Waterproof and oil-resistant, does not smudge
- Improves eyelash volume and length
- Specially-designed applicator is just the right size for short eyelashes
- May require multiple coats
ETUDE HOUSE Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara #Long Lash
Etude House makes different kinds of mascara. We selected this one because it’s ultra-long-wearing for up to twenty-four hours. It’s deep black and incredibly volumizing and lengthening. You have to see it to believe it.
It has a velvety finish that’s sweat-proof, waterproof, and won’t smudge on the oiliest of eyelids. Curl your lashes then use it to maintain the perfect curve. It just does not budge. Seriously, they tested it on twenty adult females and proved that it works as described.
Furthermore, it’s more affordable than much of the competition. You can also get it in burgundy or brown, although we didn’t get to try those colors.
Why did we put this miracle worker at the bottom of the reviews? Because we wanted it right next to the brand’s mascara remover. Please don’t get one without the other because you’ll need it to clean this long-wearing mascara from your eyes. On the bright side, the mascara doesn’t flake or pull out hairs.
- Sweat-proof, water-proof, and oil-resistant
- Maintains the curl and extra length for up to twenty-four hours
- Clinically proven to work as described
- Available in black, burgundy, and brown
- Velvety finish and lightweight feel
- Don’t skimp, get the mascara remover below
[Etude House] All Finish Mascara Cleaner
There’s no need for scrubbing or rubbing when you use this mascara remover. It takes off waterproof mascara in moments.
It has olive, rosehip, and argan oils plus fermented rice water to lift away the makeup without harming the skin or making the eyes sting.
Swipe it on and let it sit for a minute then wipe with a tissue.
Once you try Korean mascara, you may find yourself dissatisfied with other options. It doesn’t clump even as it adds an astonishing amount of length and volume.
We hope our reviews helped you find the best K-beauty products today. If you’re pleased with your purchase, we’d be glad to hear about it. Please feel free to leave us a comment below.