Which is the best Korean blush? Is it a cream, a cushion, a liquid, or a powder? We took up the challenge to find out. See the reviews below to discover the top Korean blushes used by real people and celebrities alike.
Although the latest Korean blush trend is to use bolder colors, many still prefer the Korean soft blush look. In either case, blush is essential for creating a healthy-looking complexion. Check out our top picks below:
|The best Korean blushes||Why we love them|
|Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher||
|I’M MEME I’m Afternoon Tea Blusher Palette||
|Holika Holika Lazy & Easy Blusher||
|3CE Blush Cushion Stylenanda||
|ETUDE HOUSE Berry Delicious Cream Blusher||
|I'M MEME I'M Bare Cheek Liquid||
|A'PIEU Juicy-Pang Water Blusher||
|BBIA Last Blush||
|I’M MEME Pep! Balm||
- 1 Which type of Korean blush is best?
- 2 How to apply blush flawlessly
- 3 Best Korean Blush in 2023
- 3.1 Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher
- 3.2 I’M MEME I’m Afternoon Tea Blusher Palette
- 3.3 Holika Holika Lazy & Easy Blusher
- 3.4 3CE Blush Cushion Newly Launched / Stylenanda
- 3.5 ETUDE HOUSE Berry Delicious Cream Blusher
- 3.6 I’M MEME I’M Bare Cheek Liquid
- 3.7 A’PIEU Juicy-Pang Water Blusher
- 3.8 BBIA Last Blush
- 3.9 I’M MEME Pep! Balm | Multi-use Lip and Cheek Tint
- 4 Conclusion
Which type of Korean blush is best?
Long story short, it’s best to match the type of blush to the type of skin. If you have oily skin, you’ll probably do better with a powder.
Those with dry skin do well with cream blush. And those with normal skin can enjoy any type including liquids or gels.
As for color, try to match the undertone. If you have cool undertones or very pale skin, choose pink blush. Those with warm undertones will look best with coral or peach shades. Unfortunately, people with medium to deep skin color may have a difficult time finding a suitable shade.
Next, consider the amount of pigment in the blush. Is it described as sheer or intense? Is it buildable?
What about the packaging? Is it convenient for you to use? Is it refillable? There’s a good chance it’s going to be a lot cuter than the typical Western blush!
Lastly, remember to look at the ingredients. In our experience, most Korean manufacturers don’t include harsh ingredients in cosmetics. Still, if you have acne-prone or sensitive skin, it’s smart to check the label.
How to apply blush flawlessly
Once you’ve chosen the best Korean blush according to your skin type and color, it’s time to give it a try. Thankfully, the Internet is full of how-to videos and tutorials. Here are a few hints to get perfect results on the first try.
If you use a liquid foundation, it helps to set makeup with powder before applying a powdered blush.
Put on makeup in natural light if possible. Barring that, at least use lighting that’s close to neutral or similar to where you’ll spend most of your time.
Study suggestions for where to apply it for your face shape. Lately, the Korean trend has been to create a shy effect by putting it just above the cheekbones.
Use the right tool. Creams and liquids go on easily with fingers or a sponge if you don’t want to get blush on your hands. Powder usually comes with a cushion applicator, but feel free to use a brush.
Finally, if you use the round applicator that comes in a compact, only tap it, don’t rub it. Dragging it across the product or your skin will deposit too much pigment at once. Go light and use less than you think you need because you can always add more.
Best Korean Blush in 2023
Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher
Let’s begin with this best-selling Korean blush powder. It comes in a simple clamshell compact with a fluffy puff applicator. There are three shades available for warm and cool tones.
At first glance, the puff seems too big for the cheekbones. The trick is to tap it into the powder then along the cheek and use the edges of the applicator to blend. It’s buildable, so start sheer on the apples of the cheeks and layer it on if desired.
Another plus: the formula has sebum control powder to minimize shine. Hooray for oily skin.
- Affordable, buildable powder blush
- Sheer pigment available in three shades for warm and cool tones
- Packaged in a clamshell compact with a puff applicator
- Sebum control powder reduces oiliness
- The sheer colors may not provide enough pop on medium to dark skin tones
I’M MEME I’m Afternoon Tea Blusher Palette
There are three different color palettes to choose from including Warm Flavor with coral and orange undertones, Fruit Flavor with pink and purple undertones, and Champagne Party with neutral undertones. The first two palettes are all matte shades while the latter contains a shimmery highlighter.
Each powdered blush has a silky texture with the added benefit of sebum control. That’s why the pigment lasts so long without needing a touch-up.
There’s no applicator included, so the brand suggests using a blush brush. Reviewers say the colors are beautiful and perfectly pigmented.
- Three shades of powdered blush
- Choose from warm, cool, and neutral palettes
- The neutral palette includes a shimmery highlighter
- Sebum control powder reduces shine and extends the wear time
- No applicator included
Holika Holika Lazy & Easy Blusher
The compact is so cute that it looks like kid’s play makeup. Even the applicator has a little face on it. But this powdered blush is actually ideal for daily use by adults. It’s packed with skin-firming amino acids and a vitamin C fruit complex that enhances microcirculation to ward off signs of aging.
Why is it called Jelly Dough Blusher? It’s the texture that’s pretty darn close to a cream. The air puff applicator makes it straightforward to blend, too.
Users say it looks like a natural flush of color, plus it’s buildable. There’s no scent.
- Unscented, buildable color that starts sheer
- Adorable packaging in a cute compact with a mirror and puff applicator
- Creamy texture that blends easily
- Packed with anti-aging ingredients like amino acids and vitamin C
3CE Blush Cushion Newly Launched / Stylenanda
Do you have dry skin? This deliciously creamy blush comes in a cushion compact. It melts into place and sets to a matte finish. It’s water-based with hyaluronic acid and Swiss alpine herbs to keep the skin dewy soft.
The translucent pigments keep it sheer yet buildable for a natural flush. It’s like watercolor. Choose from six shades for warm, neutral, and cool toned-complexions.
Each compact includes a puff applicator and a mirror. What’s nice is that the mirror is isolated from both the applicator and the blush to keep it clean.
The brand suggests tapping the applicator into the blush and then onto the back of the hand before transferring it to the cheeks.
- Six shades for all skin tones
- Water-based cream that’s ideal for dry and normal complexions
- Features moisturizing ingredients like hyaluronic acid and Swiss alpine herbs
- Translucent pigments are buildable
- Matte finish that looks like a natural flush
- Comes with mirrored compact and puff applicator
- A little more expensive than some options
ETUDE HOUSE Berry Delicious Cream Blusher
Of course, it smells fruity, but the fragrance is subtle. This cream blush comes in a mirrored compact with a puff applicator. It’s available in three shades, all of which are paraben-free.
The soft texture melts into the skin for a natural finish. It’s lightweight and straightforward to blend. The sheer pigment is also buildable.
- Lightly-scented and creamy, it’s a pleasure to use
- Comes in a mirrored compact with a puff
- Sheer pigment is buildable and easy to blend
- Three shades are available
- We wish there were more colors
I’M MEME I’M Bare Cheek Liquid
This liquid blush is like a quick-absorbing serum. It’s just as well the pigment is sheer and blendable. You can use fingers, a brush, or sponge to apply it. It comes with a little brush applicator of its own.
There are three colors available. All of them feature a proprietary moisturizing complex called BareVita D with almond, orange, cranberry, and vitamin D.
Although the container is small, just a little dab of blush is plenty on pale skin.
- Moisturizing liquid blush with sheer pigment
- Made to pamper bare skin with vitamins and nutrients
- Compact tube comes with a brush applicator
- Also blendable with a sponge or fingers
- The nude colors are best for light skin tones
A’PIEU Juicy-Pang Water Blusher
Here’s another Korean liquid blush that goes easy on beginners. It looks like a bottle of nail polish with the same kind of applicator brush.
The moisturizing formula is lightly pigmented and blends very easily. One small drop is enough for a natural flush, plus, it’s buildable.
For best results, it’s important to shake the bottle before using it. Some reviewers say that dabbing it on the back of the hand and using a brush to tap it on ensures an even appearance.
Once it sets, the finish looks completely natural, something that powder blush has trouble achieving. Moreover, there are several shades available for all skin tones.
- Easy to blend liquid blush packed with moisturizers
- Buildable sheer pigment
- Natural finish available in several shades
- Paraben-free and packed with natural ingredients
- Don’t mistake it for your nail polish bottle and remember to shake it
BBIA Last Blush
Out of all the Korean makeup blushers we reviewed, BBIA offered the most colors. The trouble is that you might mistake it for eyeshadow because it’s packaged in a similar fashion. Each little cube contains beautifully pigmented powder with a matte finish.
The blush is designed to last all day without touchups. Furthermore, each one is blendable with any of the other nine shades. It blends with either fingers or a brush.
- Powdered blush with a matte finish
- Available in nine shades, any of which can be blended together for a unique color
- The packaging makes it look like it’s eyeshadow
I’M MEME Pep! Balm | Multi-use Lip and Cheek Tint
While we’re on the topic of unusual packaging, check out this tube of blush that looks like a tube of paint. It doubles as lip color.
It’s highly pigmented compared to the other blushes we reviewed. A tiny amount really does go a long way.
Even better, it has a creamy texture that isn’t sticky on the cheeks or drying to the lips. Be sure to blend well.
- Doubles as lip color and blush
- Intensely pigmented and creamy
- Moisturizing to the lips and cheeks
- Requires a lot of blending
Korean blush is easy to use and comes in lovely colors that look youthful and natural. We recommend it to achieve that healthy flush that enhances the contours of the face.
We hope our reviews helped you discover your new favorite Korean beauty products today. If so, we’d love to hear about your experience. Feel free to leave us a note below.