Under-eye circles make us look tired and old. We prefer to look fresh and energetic.
What’s the solution? We researched the best color correctors for dark circles to find it.
The best corrector for dark circles may not be a regular concealer. Instead, try a color concealer that neutralizes the dark color under your eyes.
But which color concealer is best for dark circles? Should you go with yellow, green, peach, or pink? The answer depends on your skin tone and the color under the eye. So, the best color correcting shade for purplish dark circles is yellow. Then, the best color corrector for bluish dark circles is peach or pink. Green cancels out redness in case you’re dealing with bruising, rosacea, or acne.
- 1 How to use a color corrector to camouflage dark circles
- 2 Best Color Correctors for Dark Circles in 2021
- 2.1 NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Color Correcting Concealer Palette
- 2.2 NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Dark Circle Concealer
- 2.3 e.l.f. Cosmetics Color Correcting Stick
- 2.4 Maybelline New York Cover Stick Concealer, 190 Corrective Yellow
- 2.5 Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer
- 2.6 Bobbi Brown Undereye Corrector
- 2.7 L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer
- 3 Conclusion
How to use a color corrector to camouflage dark circles
First, put yourself in natural light with a mirror. What color are your dark circles? Are they bluer or more purple?
For blue, use peach or pink concealer, especially if you have medium color skin. Orange cancels out dark circles on deep color skin.
Try yellow corrector on purplish circles if you have light to medium skin.
Dab on the color-correcting concealer and blend it with your fingers, sponge, or brush. Wait a moment for it to set then apply regular concealer on top. Tap it into place with a sponge instead of a brush to prevent it from making the colored concealer patchy.
Also, it helps if the concealer is a shade lighter than your skin color. If the result looks gray or ashy, try a warmer color.
Finally, if you’re satisfied with results, finish with powder and setting spray.
Ready to get started? Here are the best color-correcting concealers now:
|The best color correctors for dark circles||Why we love them|
|NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Color Correcting Concealer Palette||
|NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Dark Circle Concealer||
|e.l.f. Cosmetics Color Correcting Stick||
|Maybelline New York Cover Stick Concealer, 190 Corrective Yellow||
|Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer||
|Bobbi Brown Undereye Corrector||
|L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer||
Best Color Correctors for Dark Circles in 2021
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Color Correcting Concealer Palette
NYX makes one of the best drugstore color correctors for dark circles. It’s a palette with six colors for light to medium skin tones. (Check out the other NYX palettes for medium and deep skin tones).
There are two skin color shades as well as green, yellow, peach, purple, and pink. Use the yellow or peach to cancel out dark circles and follow up with the cream or beige to finish concealing them.
The concealer’s texture is waxy, so it works better if you warmed up your fingers or dab it on the back of your hand to soften it first.
Try yellow if you have purplish dark circles or peach if they are bluish. If the result looks ashy or gray, experiment with the other shade instead. You know you’re successful if your eyes look brighter.
Like all products from this brand, the palette is certified cruelty-free.
- 6-color palette with yellow and peach to camouflage dark circles
- Complete with two skin tone colors to finish correcting without the need for foundation
- Also features green, pink, and purple for canceling redness, contouring, and highlighting
- Affordable and certified cruelty-free
- No applicator included
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Dark Circle Concealer
Skip the two-step routine with this all-in-one concealer. It has a touch of orange to neutralize dark circles while the natural color brightens the area without looking obvious.
What’s more, it’s available in a range of skin tones for every face. That’s why you can wear it without foundation on a no-makeup day. It has a creamy texture that’s straightforward to blend. It has just enough coconut oil to keep it from caking. Dust it with powder to set it and it will last all day even on oily skin.
- Built-in color correction with a natural tone
- Instead of needing two products, this single cream does the color-correcting and concealing
- Available in a wide range of colors for every skin tone
- Straightforward to blend and does not cake
- Can last all day on oily skin when set with powder
- Comes in a small pot, but it’s inexpensive
e.l.f. Cosmetics Color Correcting Stick
Is peach a good color corrector for dark circles? If you have a cool undertone and bluish dark circles, peach will camouflage them without making the skin look gray.
This is a stick concealer with a smooth formula that melts into place as you pat it into the skin. Follow up with your regular concealer and you’re done.
Know what else? This stick can fill in as blush or eyeshadow, too.
If this color isn’t right for you, check out the brand’s other concealer shades for a variety of skin tones. Also, if you have very dry skin, be sure to apply primer first or leave the skin a little damp with moisturizer and blend with a sponge.
The paraben-free formula will stay put all day, especially if you use setting powder or spray.
- The peach concealer camouflages dark circles and wears well under makeup
- Available in different shades for different skin tones
- Stick format for easy application
- Doubles as blush or eyeshadow
- Creamy texture, but the long-wearing formula may be drying for mature skin – try applying primer first
Maybelline New York Cover Stick Concealer, 190 Corrective Yellow
Fans of this yellow concealer are happy with the natural finish it provides. It’s a pale yellow that blends quickly to hide under-eye circles. Compare it to the darker yellow stick from Physician’s Formula reviewed below. Users say Maybelline’s is the perfect shade for light to medium skin.
Moreover, this creamy stick is inexpensive and protectively packaged like a lipstick in a clear-top tube. It’s bound to last quite a while as it only takes a few dots to get the job done. Happily, it’s also useful for making veins and the occasional pimple less noticeable, too.
Plus, the formula is waterproof and will keep the eyes looking alert for hours. It won’t clog pores and has been tested by dermatologists to be hypoallergenic.
Now, there is a catch. If you have dry skin under your eyes and apply too much concealer, it may look patchy or cracked after a while. The secret to success is to use a primer underneath. If you don’t have primer on hand, try applying the concealer when your skin is still damp from your moisturizer. Put on a light layer, blend, and wait a couple of minutes to see how it sets.
- The perfect shade of yellow to make dark circles disappear
- Waterproof formula that’s dermatologist-tested to be non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic
- Can be worn underneath foundation or skin tone concealer
- Affordable and conveniently packaged
- May crack or look patchy on dry skin – apply primer first
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer
Save time – instead of using two concealers plus primer, try this single stick. It’s a liquid concealer with a cushion tip applicator that’s super easy to use. Bonus point, it comes in a dozen shades for every skin tone.
Why is this America’s favorite concealer? Well, it also provides anti-aging benefits. While you wear it, it camouflages blemishes like dark circles. At the same time, it renews the skin at a cellular level. It contains a proprietary piece of magic called Haloxyl that smooths lines and fades discoloration. Not only does it make you look better instantly, it improves your appearance over time.
Twist the bottom of the tube and the perfect amount dispenses for both eyes. You don’t even need to get your fingers dirty because the applicator sponge is handy for blending. (Did we mention that it’s antimicrobial?)
Here’s what sold us on this color corrector: it’s beloved by men and women alike, and especially popular among those with mature skin. That’s because it never cakes or creases even on bare skin, and gets the job done with plenty of opacity to hide blemishes.
- Miracle-working concealer also has anti-aging benefits
- Haloxyl smooths lines and fades discoloration while pigment corrects blemishes
- Wears well on bare skin and with makeup, no caking or creasing
- Convenient sponge-tip applicator is handy for blending and it’s antimicrobial
- Available in a dozen shades for every skin tone
Bobbi Brown Undereye Corrector
Is there a color corrector for dark circles on brown skin? This brand offers sixteen shades from light to deep. They come with either a peach or pink base that layers well under concealer or foundation. Match your shade with a yellow-based concealer for a flawless appearance.
Each color is long-wearing and resistant to sweat, high humidity, and tears. We saw that some people were able to go swimming with it!
Furthermore, it’s rich and buttery with skin conditioning ingredients. The result is straightforward to blend without fear of creasing.
It’s pricey, but if you’re not satisfied with drugstore concealers, this is the one to try. It’s useful for brightening the eyes as well as disguising other types of discoloration and hyperpigmentation.
- Available in sixteen shades for all skin tones
- Comes with either peach or pink undertones to counteract dark circles
- Long-wearing, resistant to sweat and water
- Enriched with skin conditioners
- Not cheap
L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer
This brand wins the award for the widest range of concealer shades – there are thirty in total. Ten of them are color correctors.
Choose either peach or yellow to take care of under-eye circles. Each one has a brush tip applicator at the tip of the tube. You can use it for blending or stick to a sponge or your fingers.
Reviewers say the concealer doesn’t settle into lines or dry out the skin under the eyes. But it is necessary to use a skin-colored concealer over top of either the yellow or peach. Also, the peach is a bit dark for pale skin.
- Ten color-correcting shades out of thirty colors of concealer
- Both yellow and peach are available for hiding dark circles
- Packaged in a tube with a brush tip applicator
- A second skin color concealer is necessary for perfect blending
When you camouflage dark circles with a color corrector, you let the world see the true beauty of your eyes without distractions. There are concealers to fix under-eye circles on every skin tone. We hope you found exactly the one you need today. Come back again soon to see new reviews of the best makeup and more.