When your skin constantly gives you problems such as redness, breakouts, and different forms of irritation, finding the cosmetic products that won’t annoy the skin but cooperate with you can be very challenging. That’s because you’ll need to consider more than the possibility of the product matching your skin tone and outlook—especially for concealers.
Therefore, only the best concealers for acne-prone skins will suffice in such cases. The secret of this type of concealer is in their formula. So, you have to be on the lookout for concealers with formula combinations for your skin type.
But, with so many products around today, how easy can it be to find the perfect product for your skin? To find such a product in today’s market, check out our created guide below.
Table of Contents
- Steps to pick a Concealer for Acne-Prone Skin
- Best Concealer for Acne-prone Skin in 2021
- Dermablend Quick-Fix Full Coverage Concealer
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Concealer
- Glo Skin Beauty Oil Free Camouflage Concealer
- Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer
- Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer
- NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP HD Photogenic Concealer Wand
- Urban Decay Stay Naked Pro Customizer Fluid Concealer
- Maybelline New York SuperStay Better Skin Concealer
Steps to pick a Concealer for Acne-Prone Skin
Though there are several concealer products, you need to know that each product, by design, is to solve a specific problem. In other words, all concealers don’t do the same work. You need to find the product that best answers your needs. The stake becomes higher when you’re battling acne-prone skin. But, not to worry, here are some factors to consider when choosing a concealer.
Choose products that have “non-comedogenic” on the label
Remember that the secret of the best concealer is in its formula? So, when you’re looking for an acne-prone skin concealer, look for a product that’s oil-free and non-comedogenic. That’s because only such products will less likely clog your skin pores.
Choose a dual-duty product
In other words, find a concealer that also works to help heal the skin while it covers the acne. Look out for concealers with ingredients such as salicylic acid that helps to unclog pores, SPF that protects against the sun and its effects, and sulfur to calm inflammations. One or more of these ingredients must be present in the concealer you choose for the dual-duty effect.
Stay clear of products with drying ingredients
Some concealers have ingredients added to help with easy drying. While this feature is a good one for your acne-prone skin, such products are not the best. Therefore, when you find alcohol-based products or one that has such a scent, stay clear of them! The result of using such concealer is a patchy-looking, flaky finish.
Consider the coverage needs
You’ll also need to factor in the level of coverage your skin needs. If you’re battling with a lot of breakout and scars, you’ll need something a little heavy or thick and opaque that can completely cover the area. However, when the acne you have is not severe, you don’t necessarily need something thick. It’s best to opt for a concealer with a lighter liquid formula.
Shade is also important
Most of us already know this; it’s probably the first thing we think of when trying to get a concealer; however, we probably still need to tell you. While you have to be careful to choose only concealers that can protect your skin from a breakout, choosing the right shade for your skin tone should also be of importance. You can’t scrap one for the other.
Best Concealer for Acne-prone Skin in 2021
Though we’ve highlighted the major factors to consider when choosing a concealer, we understand that there are many products in today’s market. It can be challenging trying to look through the ingredients and makeup of every product to decide which one will suit your needs. It would be best if you’re pointed in the right direction. Check out some pointers below.
Dermablend Quick-Fix Full Coverage Concealer
Here is a Dermablend Professional product, and it’s arguably the best concealer for acne-prone skin. It is a non-comedogenic and creamy product, a full coverage concealer, and it’s offered in about ten different shades. A dream come true for you if your skin is prone to a lot of acne because it can literally be used to cover something as obvious as tattoos—so you know you’re in for a significant coverage experience.
It’s made of ingredients that are not irritants to the skin, free from paraben, fragrance, and sodium lauryl sulfate—making it suitable for sensitive skin types. It stays on for eight to ten hours when applied without making you feel or look cakey.
- Highly pigmented and ultra-blendable
- Provides a lightweight feel and a medium to full coverage natural finish
- Covers acne, redness, pigmentation, and dark circles
- Covers all kind of skin blemishes and uneven skin tone
- Non-comedogenic and fragrance-free
- The concealer is too solid and almost becoming stiff
- You’ll need a lot of it to cover severe acne and blemishes
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Concealer
Now you can say goodbye to the battle with acne and other related breakouts. That means this concealer will help you say welcome to the smooth and blemish-free complexion you’ve always desired. It doubles as a concealer and drying lotion which makes it perfect for both oily and acne-prone skin.
As a color-infused innovation, it contains full to medium coverage pigment that helps to cover the look of acne, blemish, redness, and any form of discoloration. It won’t cause skin creasing or cracking because it contains anti-aging and other naturally sourced ingredients.
- Effectively camouflages and treats dark circles, redness, and spots
- It helps to limit the occurrence of lines and wrinkles
- Formulated with light-diffusing and hydrating ingredients
- Creamy, and won’t flake or crease
- It gives the skin a luminous appearance
- Changes color to pink when applied
- According to some users, this concealer doesn’t blend well
Glo Skin Beauty Oil Free Camouflage Concealer
Here is your answer for covering and correcting your skin imperfection, scarring, hyperpigmentation, or any apparent skin condition. This oil-free concealer contains rich colors for medium to full inclusion and can be utilized on all skin types.
It quickly corrects and hides pimples, skin inflammation scars, dim spots, and different defects. With this non-sleek cream concealer, you medium to full inclusion without obstructing pores or harming the skin. It is designed with an anti-oxidant agent mixed with several skin nutritional ingredients, including Green Tea Extract and Vitamins A, C, and E, to address blemishes and light up your skin’s normal appearance.
- It’s a professional solution for any skin concern
- At-home treatments designed to upgrade your skincare kit
- It’s a next-level essential for any skin type
- Quickly cover blemishes, hyperpigmentation, scarring, etc.
- Formulated with an exclusive antioxidant blend
- The quantity size of the product is small compared with the price
- It leaves a cakey residue, and it’s dry probably because it’s oil-free
Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer
This clearing concealer has dynamic fixings that tackle imperfections and forestall breakouts. More than hiding flaws and imperfections, this item assists with clearing them and forestall their return. The soothing and gentle formula gives typical-looking coverage. As a result, it very well may be utilized all alone for a simple look.
Then again, it very well may be utilized under makeup, to complement foundation, or for a through-out the day touch-ups. It also contains Acetyl Glucosamine that cleans the skin and unclogs the pore by breaking the links that hold dead skin cells together.
- It applies to the skin easily because of its creamy nature
- It doesn’t irritate your skin or over-dry.
- It helps the skin maintain hydration without making it too oily
- Provides good coverage and covers various types of acne scars
- It doesn’t make your skin look cakey
- Matches only a few skin tone
- Some users complained about the smell
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer
This product helps to conceal blemishes and clear them up. Offers natural-looking coverage, a dual-duty concealer because it doubles as a makeup tool and a skincare product. Designed to help improve skin tone while performing its primary function of reducing the visibility of skin blemishes such as acne.
It has salicylic acid medicine combined with microclear technology that helps to eliminate, treat, and prevent skin breakout quickly. An oil-free and non-comedogenic product which makes it perfect for people with acne-prone skin. It won’t clog your skin pore and, therefore, is suitable for daily use. Lastly, it easily blends into your regular skincare kit and beauty routine.
- It helps to treat and prevent breakouts.
- Provides natural-looking coverage for a flawless and beautiful look
- A proven acne-fighting medicine
- A concealer that’s suitable for daily use
- It can be incorporated into a regular acne treatment skincare routine
- It comes in a shade that blend into only a few skin tones
- Gives off an orange color that’s no best for people with pale skin
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP HD Photogenic Concealer Wand
This product is a lightweight concealer. It covers skin imperfection, under-eye circles, discoloration, etc., making it obvious you used a concealer or made your face look cakey. No wonder this makeup HD concealer is one of the best seller products in today’s market. It has a rich formula in emollient and slides on your face smoothly to create a medium to full coverage.
It is available in twenty-three different shades, including color-correcting lavender, yellow, and green to provide a natural-looking medium to full-coverage finish for any skin tone. You can use the lavender shade for sallow skin tones, the yellow for under-eye darkness, and the green to help reduce skin redness.
- Effectively cover up redness, dark circles, and spots
- It helps to create the illusion of a lifted upper eyelid
- Reduces the appearance of crow’s feet
- It aids the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines
- It gives the skin a glowy appearance
- It tends to give an orange color when dry.
- Content quantity is too small might not go beyond a week of everyday use
Urban Decay Stay Naked Pro Customizer Fluid Concealer
When your face is invaded with red and angry-looking pimples, this product is the best pick. It neutralizes any form of redness and skin problems. It contains vitamin C and E to protect and condition the skin towards the path of healing. It is non-comedogenic and oil-free; therefore, it won’t clog your pore and cause more problems.
Set out on the journey to transform your concealer, foundation, and skin products with this stay and extra-pigmented naked pro customizer fluid concealer. It’s a full-coverage formula product with a real-skin matte finish. It does everything right to transform your skin tone, correct dark circles, hyperpigmentation, and other skin issues.
- It has a formula that is flexible and breathable with a real-skin matte finish.
- Conceals and doubles as a contour/highlighter
- It gives medium to full matte finish coverage
- Suitable for all skin types
- It offers a creamy stick formulation that is easy to apply
- It makes the skin look dehydrated.
- Some users claim it makes the facial skin look cakey
Maybelline New York SuperStay Better Skin Concealer
This concealer is a two-in-one product that works as a concealer and a corrector. It evidently corrects, conceals, and reduces the look of spots, dark circles, and imperfection. It’s said to give you better-looking skin in only about three weeks of continuous use. It contains the ACTYL C ingredient, known to serve as an antioxidant, and makes the product suitable for sensitive eyes and skins. It instantly gives an all-day flawless and full-coverage correction.
- Has a creamy, easy-to-blend formula that won’t crease or flake
- Helps to illuminate the skin for a lifted effect
- Has a vegan recipe, cruelty-free, and dermatologist-tested
- Provides complete coverage with a matte finish
- It covers dark circles with a glowy finish and blurs imperfections
- It’s not waterproof
- It transfers to other surfaces
Letting go of what used to be your number one makeup tool can be pretty challenging, but for the sake of having clear skin, you have to let go. However, the only work you now have to do is to summon the courage to let them go and pick another that will be best for your skin type. As with the challenge of finding the perfect concealer for your skin type, you don’t have to stress over that anymore since we’ve done most of the work for you. Just look through our curated list and find a product you feel will be perfect for you, and you’re good to go!