Did you know that stress can make you lose your hair? Aging, changes in the weather, illness, certain medications, and your genetic makeup can also contribute to hair loss. If you’re ready to fight back, you have a lot of weapons at your disposal. Take, for example, the best copper peptides for hair growth.
Peptides are amino acids that form elastin and collagen that keep the skin firm. Applying them to your scalp may also stimulate blood flow to follicles to encourage growth and strengthen hair by preventing breakage. By extending the hair growth cycle, copper peptides slow down the speed at which hair falls out. Specifically, they are also part of melanin production, so they help hair retain its color (1).
- 1 How do you use copper peptides in your hair?
- 2 How often should you use copper peptides?
- 3 Who should not use copper peptides?
- 4 Best Copper Peptides for Hair Growth in 2023
- 4.1 GroMD Hair Loss Serum
- 4.2 The Ordinary Buffet + Copper Peptides 1%
- 4.3 Copper Peptide Serum Collagen by Complete Skin Solutions
- 4.4 Copper Peptide BEST Anti-Aging Serum
- 4.5 DIY GHK Copper Peptide Solution
- 4.6 Copper Peptide (GHK-Cu) Pro Skin Care Serum with Hyaluronic Acid
- 4.7 Copper Peptides for Hair Loss Hair Signal Solution by Dr. Pickart
- 5 Conclusion
How do you use copper peptides in your hair?
It’s easy to use copper peptides for the hair. We recommend applying a serum as it stays on the skin and doesn’t get rinsed off like shampoo.
After washing your hair and conditioning, use a microfiber towel to soak up excess water. Use a dropper to place a few drops of copper peptide serum on the scalp where your hair is thinning and let it absorb before styling. You can also put a few drops in your hand and massage it all over the scalp.
GHK-Cu serum can also be used on the face and body to treat wrinkles, scars, and hyperpigmentation from acne or sun damage.
How often should you use copper peptides?
If possible, apply copper peptides morning and night. We realize it’s not always possible to wash your hair before applying, so it’s important to massage the copper peptides into the skin with your fingertips.
At a minimum, apply GHK-Cu peptides once a day. On a bright note, the majority of serums we reviewed are not sticky and won’t make hair greasy or unmanageable.
Who should not use copper peptides?
If you are currently using retinol, alpha hydroxy acids, or vitamin C, don’t try to use copper peptides at the same time. These ingredients cancel out the benefits of each other. We suggest consulting with a dermatologist or trichologist to create an effective course of treatment.
Now, here are the best copper peptides for lush, healthy hair:
|The best copper peptides for hair growth||Benefits|
|GroMD Hair Loss Serum||
|The Ordinary Buffet + Copper Peptides 1%||
|Copper Peptide Serum Collagen by Complete Skin Solutions||
|Copper Peptide BEST Anti-Aging Serum||
|DIY GHK Copper Peptide Solution||
|Copper Peptide (GHK-Cu) Pro Skin Care Serum with Hyaluronic Acid||
|Copper Peptides for Hair Loss Hair Signal Solution by Dr. Pickart||
Best Copper Peptides for Hair Growth in 2023
GroMD Hair Loss Serum
Which is the best copper peptide serum for hair? We like this one because it includes DHT blockers.
If you don’t already know about DHT, it’s a hormone that binds to hair follicles and shrinks them so that they produce finer hair and then stop working altogether. Hair loss products like minoxidil (Rogaine) prevent DHT from doing damage. Plus, it has botanicals that battle DHT-induced hair loss, too, like the herbs in this formula. The list includes saw palmetto and pumpkin seed alongside caffeine and niacinamide.
What’s nice is you can use this hair loss serum alongside Rogaine and they help each other perform better. The serum features copper peptides to stimulate growth and reduce inflammation while the DHT blockers defend the follicles.
Feel free to use it twice a day. It smells fresh and clean and it’s not greasy or sticky. On the downside, this doesn’t work miracles overnight. It will take weeks and possibly months to see a dramatic difference.
- Copper peptide serum with DHT blockers
- Defends and stimulates follicles
- Features niacinamide, caffeine, saw palmetto, pumpkin seed, and other proven hair growth ingredients
- Fresh scent, non-greasy
- Like most hair growth products, it needs to be used daily for weeks or even months to make a difference
The Ordinary Buffet + Copper Peptides 1%
This copper peptide serum is for the face, body, and scalp. It isn’t only for hair growth as it can be used to smooth wrinkles and fade age spots.
Reviewers say it’s a little sticky but is effective against under-eye circles. It smooths and firms the skin while reducing discoloration. Plus, it can be used with a derma-roller.
Yes, you can treat thin spots on the scalp with a derma-roller with short needles. Be gentle, and don’t go over the same spot repeatedly. To avoid irritation, only use a roller once or twice a week, but continue to apply the serum daily.
The formula is packed with helpful ingredients to rehydrate and rebuild the skin. Besides copper peptides, it has probiotics, hyaluronic acid, allantoin, and amino acids. Happily, this brand is paraben-free and does not include an artificial fragrance.
- Copper peptide serum boosted with hyaluronic acid, amino acids, and probiotics
- Not only helpful for the hair, but also good for firming the skin and erasing discoloration
- No artificial fragrance or parabens
- Not many reviews described using this particular serum on the scalp, but it could save money by treating both the face and the hair
Copper Peptide Serum Collagen by Complete Skin Solutions
Obviously, your scalp is skin. It won’t grow healthy hair if it’s dehydrated, weakened, and inflamed. That’s where copper peptides come to the rescue. A serum like this one increases blood circulation to deliver nutrients and carry away toxins, and it encourages collagen production to keep the skin elastic and hydrated.
Moreover, the serum protects against UV damage. Think about it: if you have thin hair and you don’t wear sunscreen on your scalp or a hat, you’re exposing the skin there to UV rays. This can lead to skin cancer, plus it accelerates aging and hair fall. Although the copper peptides don’t block harmful rays, they help minimize the injury.
The serum is made with natural ingredients in an FDA-registered lab. Some of the highlights include hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and collagen. It has no artificial fragrance or parabens.
It comes with a money-back guarantee. Users say it has a silky texture and a bluish color due to the copper peptides. The only warning is to keep it away from the eyes.
- Copper peptide serum with a silky texture
- Fortified with hyaluronic acid, collagen, and ceramides
- Made in the USA in an FDA-registered lab
- No parabens or artificial fragrance
- Although it’s paraben-free, it has phenoxyethanol, a preservative viewed with suspicion
Copper Peptide BEST Anti-Aging Serum
Instead of relying on what companies think is best for your hair and skin, try a DIY solution. This is pure copper peptide serum. It’s only copper peptides dissolved in water with no additives. It’s an excellent way to boost shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, face cream, and other serums with copper peptides.
The pale blue liquid should be added in a 1% concentration to the other products. Make sure to mix it well before using it. Also, it’s not recommended for using directly on the skin or for blending with vitamin C serum, alpha-hydroxy acids, or retinol.
Each bottle contains around 300 drops. The package comes with instructions for how to use it and suggestions for what to blend it with. The manufacturer’s customer service team can also provide advice.
- Pure copper peptides in water, no other additives
- Perfect for boosting other hair growth and skincare products like serum, shampoo, and conditioner
- Comes with instructions and the manufacturer offers customer support, too
- Not for use directly on the skin – must be combined with other ingredients
DIY GHK Copper Peptide Solution
A US-based chemist formulated this copper peptide serum with hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and a preservative (phenoxyethanol). Similar to the one above, it can be added to moisturizer, shampoo, conditioner, and serum. The package includes a pipette and a percentage guide plus a link to instructions online.
The water-soluble fluid easily blends with other products. The only limitation is pH. The manufacturer recommends keeping it between pH 5 and 7 and avoiding preparations containing vitamin C and alpha-hydroxy acids (like lactic or glycolic acid).
The pale blue color comes from the copper peptides, and it shouldn’t stain skin or hair.
- Can boost hair growth treatments and skincare products
- Blend of copper peptides with glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and a preservative
- Comes with a measuring pipette and percentage guide as well as instructions
- Must be maintained at the proper pH (see instructions)
Copper Peptide (GHK-Cu) Pro Skin Care Serum with Hyaluronic Acid
Although it’s not targeted specifically for hair care, there’s no reason why you can’t use this copper peptide serum for hair growth, too. It contains hyaluronic acid, coenzyme Q10, allantoin, aloe, green tea, and echinacea.
The blend is rich in antioxidants and moisturizers that your scalp needs to produce healthy hair. It can rehydrate a dry scalp and calm inflammation while stimulating cellular regeneration.
What’s more, it has anti-acne properties, making it a potent facial serum that can reduce breakouts and fade acne scars. The addition of echinacea energizes the skin and follicles in the scalp.
Just as important, the formula is fragrance-free and does not contain parabens. The only preservative is potassium sorbate, commonly used to keep food fresh.
- Fragrance-free and paraben-free serum
- Blends copper peptides with other rejuvenating ingredients like green tea and allantoin
- Packed with antioxidants and moisturizers
- Also helps reduce acne and fade acne scars
- Not specifically for hair growth, but can be used for that purpose
Copper Peptides for Hair Loss Hair Signal Solution by Dr. Pickart
We heard about Dr. Pickart copper peptides and had to investigate this intriguing hair loss product. Not only does it stimulate growth, but it also increases the hair’s volume over time.
It features copper peptides, saw palmetto, tea extract, and lavender oil. All of these are proven to protect and stimulate follicles, especially when combined with minoxidil as the manufacturer suggests. Put both products together and you should see a positive difference within two to four weeks if you use them every day.
This particular formula is designed for an oily scalp. The brand also offers a cream version for dry scalps.
Reviewers recommend applying it with a dropper to avoid wasting the solution. Apply a few drops and massage them into the scalp until the blue disappears.
- Hair growth-stimulating solution with copper peptides, saw palmetto, tea extract, and lavender oil
- Maximizes the benefits of minoxidil
- Results likely within 2 to 4 weeks
- The solution is best applied with a dropper but none is included
- The liquid version is better for oily skin, but a cream version exists for dry skin
We hope our reviews of the best copper peptide serums for hair helped you find what you need today. This natural ingredient is a painless and easy way to stimulate growth and enjoy thicker hair while maintaining the natural color.
If you find the copper peptides are working for you, we’d love to hear about it. Feel free to leave us a comment below.
1. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17703734/ Pyo HK, Yoo HG, Won CH, Lee SH, Kang YJ, Eun HC, Cho KH, Kim KH. The effect of tripeptide-copper complex on human hair growth in vitro. Arch Pharm Res. 2007 Jul;30(7):834-9. doi: 10.1007/BF02978833. PMID: 17703734.