Which Dead Sea products are the best? Should you start with a mud mask or bath salts? Would a moisturizer be helpful, or maybe a peeling gel?
The answer depends on what benefits you desire. The best Dead Sea products range from cosmetics to skincare. Instead of visiting the Dead Sea yourself, you’ll enjoy the results at home.
Do Dead Sea products really work? Our experience with them has been positive, and we hope yours will be, too. Keep in mind that any item from a Dead Sea collection contains more than mud or mineral salt. The rest of the formula has a big impact on how well it performs.
We selected the most popular Dead Sea products sold around the world and reviewed them below. Here’s a quick overview:
|The Best Dead Sea Products||Why we love them|
|AHAVA Dead Sea Mineral Bath Salt||
|AHAVA Dead Sea Purifying Mud Soap||
|DEAD SEA Salt Mud SOAP by ONE WITH NATURE||
|AHAVA Facial Mud Exfoliator||
|AHAVA Dead Sea Purifying Mud Mask Deep Hydration Daily and Night Cream Set||
|SEACRET - Minerals From The Dead Sea, Mineral-Rich Peeling Gel||
|New York Biology Dead Sea Mud Mask for Face and Body||
|Premier Dead Sea Classic Night Cream||
|Dead Sea Warehouse - Amazing Minerals Moisturizer||
- 1 Why Dead Sea products are beneficial
- 2 Best Dead Sea Products in 2021
- 2.1 AHAVA Dead Sea Mineral Bath Salt
- 2.2 AHAVA Dead Sea Purifying Mud Soap
- 2.3 DEAD SEA Salt Mud SOAP by ONE WITH NATURE
- 2.4 AHAVA Facial Mud Exfoliator
- 2.5 AHAVA Dead Sea Purifying Mud Mask Deep Hydration Daily and Night Cream Set
- 2.6 SEACRET – Minerals From The Dead Sea, Mineral-Rich Peeling Gel
- 2.7 New York Biology Dead Sea Mud Mask for Face and Body
- 2.8 Premier Dead Sea Classic Night Cream
- 2.9 Dead Sea Warehouse – Amazing Minerals Moisturizer
- 3 Conclusion
Why Dead Sea products are beneficial
Multiple studies document the positive effect of the Dead Sea on human health. The mineral-rich, intensely salty water relieves psoriasis, arthritis, acne, and more. It improves circulation and reduces inflammation, with benefits noticeable after soaking in it for an hour or so. It’s no wonder that thousands of tourists visit it every year (1).
You might get a taste of the Dead Sea by visiting a spa. Another option is to purchase Dead Sea products to use at home. These include bath salts, face creams, mud masks, and more.
These products have varying amounts of Dead Sea water and silt in them, so it’s hard to guess which ones are most effective. That’s where we rely on the ingredients label, certifications and awards, the manufacturer’s reputation, and user reviews.
In any case, the most potent products strive to re-create the positive effects that the Dead Sea imparts. They are packed with minerals like magnesium, calcium, potassium, and bromide. Plus, true Dead Sea products may be salty, but they leave the skin soft and smooth, never dehydrated.
Best Dead Sea Products in 2021
AHAVA Dead Sea Mineral Bath Salt
Go straight to the source and enjoy soaking in Dead Sea water – well, almost. These salt crystals are harvested from the famed location.
Dissolve one cup in a warm bath and enjoy for at least twenty minutes to relax your body and leave your skin silky and refreshed.
AHAVA isn’t the only brand that offers Dead Sea bath salts, and they are one of the pricier options. However, they have an excellent reputation for quality. Users say the salts are clean with no brown particles and they work just as described.
Choose from natural, lavender, or eucalyptus versions.
- Pure Dead Sea salt crystals, rich in minerals
- Available in natural, eucalyptus, and lavender versions
- A twenty-minute soak leaves the skin silken and diminishes body aches
- Not the least expensive option
AHAVA Dead Sea Purifying Mud Soap
As you wrap up your soak in the tub, lather up with this purifying mud soap. It’s based on Dead Sea silt and salt to remove impurities and cleanse the skin without drying it.
What’s interesting is that the soap is strong enough to remove grime but mild enough to use on the face. It clears up acne and decongests oily skin.
The formula has no allergens, petroleum, or animal derivatives. It’s GMO-free, vegan, and PETA-certified cruelty-free. Although there’s an artificial fragrance, it’s light and doesn’t linger.
On the downside, the bar is compact in size.
- Soap with Dead Sea salt and silt to decongest oily skin and clear up acne
- Free of allergens, petroleum, GMOs, and animal ingredients
- Mild enough to use on the face
- Small size
DEAD SEA Salt Mud SOAP by ONE WITH NATURE
This brand of Dead Sea mud soap is less expensive and it comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. Even better, there’s no artificial fragrance. The ingredients are all-natural, including the sustainably sourced palm oil.
The soap is mild enough for sensitive skin, alleviating acne, eczema, and psoriasis. Unlike some bar soaps, it won’t upset the natural pH of the skin.
Moreover, it’s manufactured and triple-milled on location at the Dead Sea by a family-operated mill. This process ensures that it’s long-lasting, dense, and rich in nutrients.
- Triple-milled on-site at the Dead Sea by a family-operated business
- Dense, long-lasting bar packed with nutrients
- No artificial fragrance or chemicals
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
- The bar has a slight amount of grit at times
AHAVA Facial Mud Exfoliator
If you have sensitive or dry skin, check out this mud scrub. It has a gentle texture and a very moisturizing formula. It’s downright luxurious when compared to an apricot scrub.
The very first ingredient is mineral spring water, followed soon after by Dead Sea silt and salt. It only takes a dime-sized amount to cleanse the entire face. What’s nice is that it works up a pleasant lather and it’s easy to rinse.
Yes, it smells earthy, but it will leave your skin like velvet.
- Moisturizing mud scrub with a luxurious texture
- Easy to rinse lather
- Packed with Dead Sea minerals
- Although it’s mild, those with sensitive skin shouldn’t use it more than once a week
AHAVA Dead Sea Purifying Mud Mask Deep Hydration Daily and Night Cream Set
Are you having a hard time choosing where to start with Dead Sea products? This kit is an excellent introduction to what the brand offers as well as what the Dead Sea can do for your skin. (No, we are not paid to promote it. They just happen to have a lot of crowd-pleasing products).
Do you know what the difference is between a mud mask and a clay mask? A mud mask like this one moisturizes while it removes impurities, plus it won’t abrade the skin. For maximum benefits, apply a thick layer and wait at least two minutes before rinsing. It’s not like a clay mask that sucks the moisture right out of the skin. It won’t leave your face feeling tight if you wait longer to remove it.
The travel-size kit also comes with day and nighttime moisturizers for normal to dry skin. Both are enriched with twenty-one essential minerals to leave the skin dewy and refreshed.
- Travel-size kit with a mud mask and facial moisturizers
- The mask purifies and hydrates the skin
- All three products are rich in Dead Sea minerals for a brighter, healthier complexion
- Small containers, but ideal for experimenting
SEACRET – Minerals From The Dead Sea, Mineral-Rich Peeling Gel
Maybe you’ve seen these Dead Sea brand products sold at a kiosk in the mall. That’s where we were introduced to them. Fortunately, they tend to be less expensive online.
We selected the peeling gel because it’s a gentle and effective way to exfoliate dead skin and impurities. It doesn’t contain just Dead Sea minerals, but also seaweed, cucumber, aloe, chamomile, and papaya.
As you may already know, the fruit acid in the papaya helps remove the dead skin. It’s milder than using glycolic acid, for instance, so it works a little slower. On the other hand, if you have sensitive skin, that’s a good thing. It also means that you can use it more often to keep the complexion bright and clear.
The cruelty-free formula is free of parabens, formaldehyde, and phthalates. Just a little dab will go a long way towards reducing blackheads and turning back time.
- Mild exfoliating gel enriched with Dead Sea minerals and natural nutrients
- Gentle enough to use frequently
- Brightens the complexion and reduces blemishes and blackheads
- Not as full of Dead Sea minerals as other options
New York Biology Dead Sea Mud Mask for Face and Body
This budget-friendly Dead Sea mud mask gets rave reviews. It’s suitable for all skin types, whether oily, dry, or sensitive. Plus, it’s cruelty-free and does not contain alcohol, sulfates, and parabens.
The mask shrinks large pores and soaks up excess oil, but it doesn’t dehydrate the skin. Instead, it’s infused with mineral mud, aloe, calendula, and other botanicals. These condition the skin while the mud absorbs dirt and toxins.
We repeatedly saw people commenting that it left their faces as smooth as a baby’s bottom.
- Budget-friendly and effective, creamy texture
- Features mineral mud to draw out toxins and excess oil and shrink pores
- Also contains calendula, aloe, and botanicals to condition the skin
- Cruelty-free and contains no sulfates, parabens, or alcohol
- We just hate it when we can’t find any cons, but it happens
Premier Dead Sea Classic Night Cream
This brand uses authentic Dead Sea components and natural ingredients. They don’t include parabens, mineral oil, sulfates, petrolatum, unsafe preservatives, or formaldehyde releasers. Everything’s tested for sensitive skin.
If you’re not sure where to start with what they offer, we suggest trying their night cream. It rejuvenates the complexion overnight. It’s intensely moisturizing, making fine lines fade away.
Apparently, there’s a secret process involved in creating this cream. But the formula has to do with plant liposomes, vitamins, and Dead Sea minerals, of course.
- Wake up with silky smooth skin and fewer fine lines
- Does not contain parabens, mineral oil, petrolatum, or other nasties
- Formula features plant liposomes, Dead Sea minerals, and vitamins to rejuvenate the complexion
- Not as affordable as some options
Dead Sea Warehouse – Amazing Minerals Moisturizer
It’s not flashy, but this Dead Sea moisturizer is a professional-grade spa formula. It’s safe for the face and body alike, plus it’s unscented.
Alongside Dead Sea mineral water, it has jojoba seed oil, olive oil, honeysuckle, and aloe. There are no parabens or harsh preservatives in the bottle.
It’s made by a woman-owned company and beloved by users around the world.
- Unscented moisturizer with Dead Sea minerals for the face and body
- No harsh ingredients but plenty of natural extracts and oils
- Spa product made by a woman-owned company
- We only wish the bottle was a little larger
We wish everyone have the chance to visit the Dead Sea. But at least there is a way to bring home some of its benefits. The best Dead Sea products range from soaps and mud masks to moisturizers and more.
If you discovered your new favorite skincare product here today, we’d love to hear about your experience. Please feel free to leave us a comment below.
1. https://health.usnews.com/health-care/for-better/articles/2017-04-07/how-a-trip-to-the-dead-sea-can-benefit-your-health How a Trip to the Dead Sea Can Benefit Your Health, by Jill Sanford, published April 7, 2017, accessed May 12, 2021