Exposure to UV Sunlight, in excess, can become overwhelming for the body and the immune system. That’s what causes sunburn. That’s why you may need the best essential oils for sunburn. Essential oil, by design, provides a solution to several skin issues, one of which is the regenerative and protective effect. So, they provide healing from issues such as sunburn and promote healing.
Here, we take a look at some powerful essential oils designed to help treat sunburn issues. We also showed why they are the best so that you can make an informed decision.
|The best essential oils for sunburn||Why we love them|
|Desert Essence Relief Spray Oil||
|Ora’s Amazing Herbal Nourishing Herbs and Essential Oils||
|Handcraft Lavender Essential Oil||
|NOW Solutions, Sweet Almond Oil, 100% Pure Moisturizing Oil||
|Cliganic 100% Pure Vitamin E Oil||
|Artizen Lavender Essential Oil||
|Rosehip Oil by Premium Nature Organic Rosehip Oil||
|Provence Rose Vitamin E and Sweet Almond Multi-Use Oil||
|Majestic Pure Fractionated Coconut Oil||
- 1 Can Essential Oils Cause Sunburn?
- 2 Best Essential Oils for Sunburn in 2022
- 2.1 Desert Essence Relief Spray Oil
- 2.2 Ora’s Amazing Herbal Nourishing Herbs and Essential Oils
- 2.3 Handcraft Lavender Essential Oil
- 2.4 NOW Solutions, Sweet Almond Oil, 100% Pure Moisturizing Oil
- 2.5 Cliganic 100% Pure Vitamin E Oil
- 2.6 Artizen Lavender Essential Oil
- 2.7 Rosehip Oil by Premium Nature Organic Rosehip Oil
- 2.8 Provence Rose Vitamin E and Sweet Almond Multi-Use Oil
- 2.9 Majestic Pure Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 3 Conclusion
Can Essential Oils Cause Sunburn?
Yes, some essential oils can cause your skin to burn. They are the ones with some harsh ingredients and components that can flare up at exposure to heat. You will need to protect your skin from products such as the one with these ingredients.
Best Essential Oils for Sunburn in 2022
Desert Essence Relief Spray Oil
Nature has many powers and benefits to offer. Through botanical ingredients like this one from Desert Essence, harness nature’s power. The goal is for it to deliver relieving and refreshing properties to your skin. It contains tea tree oil that we know helps heal skin irritation and create a smooth skin appearance.
- Contains a nurturing blend of botanical extracts
- An antiseptic tea tree oil relief spray that rejuvenates and protects your skin
- It is ideal for post-manicure treatment, and it helps to slow down cell degeneration
- Works effectively on the face, hands, and body and gets quickly absorbed into the skin for relief from sunburn
- Also provides natural relief to minor burns, scrapes, skin breakouts, bug bites, and sunburn
- The scent is thick and heavy
Ora’s Amazing Herbal Nourishing Herbs and Essential Oils
What matters more to you are conditions such as cooling, reduced itch, moisturizing, and nutrients. This Ora’s Herbal offers them all and provides an extra benefit to working after shave relief. You can also look to it for moisturizing, itch reducing, and nourishing problems. It is quick-absorbing and brings incredible relief after sun exposure.
- Soothing, moisturizing oil infused with herbs for sunburn, aftershave, etc.
- Free of synthetic ingredients and from petroleum-based ingredients like paraben, etc.
- Contains fast-absorbing grapeseed oil for skin health
- Also contains cooling essential oils lavender, tea tree, and peppermint
- It can make the skin feel oily when you apply over three drops
- Not the best option if you’re particular about how it smells
Handcraft Lavender Essential Oil
Handcraft essential oil will revive your sun-kissed skin because it’s specially created to recondition, replenish, and protect the skin from UV Sunlight. It’s also a quick-absorbing body and faces oil, and it’s combined with naturally derived Lavender oil, and antioxidants. A combination of these ingredients provides the needed healthy, soft, and naturally soothing after-sun-exposure oil.
- Tested by an independent lab for its constituents, therefore, every bottle comes with guaranteed quality
- Fast-absorbing and non-greasy lavender oil lotion for an after-sun soother
- It soothes skin with a naturally nourishing and moisturizing blend of ingredients
- A product that’s bursting with natural nutrients and antioxidants
- For naturally powerful hydration and gentle relief from sunburns
- Absorbs fast such that it makes the body feel and look dry after use
NOW Solutions, Sweet Almond Oil, 100% Pure Moisturizing Oil
With a hundred percent pure and natural Almond Oil, your skin will become perfectly nourished and revived. It is easily absorbed into the skin; it won’t clog the pore, and instead, it will promote clear, healthy, soft skin. It’s perfect for use on all parts of the body and safe in that regard.
- A natural oil that’s perfect for reviving and nourishing any skin type
- Almond oil won’t clog pores and is easily absorbed, promoting clear, healthy-looking, and soft skin
- Derived from pressed almonds to become a skin-nourishing oil that’s ideal for the entire body
- A product of many years of scientific research and laboratory testing
- An NPA A-rated GMP certified product to guarantee quality, stability, and potency
- Best effective in combination with other skincare routines
- Smells like nuts which can be unwelcoming to some people
Cliganic 100% Pure Vitamin E Oil
Here you have a hundred percent nourishing Vitamin E oil naturally sourced from non-GMO soybean oil. The goal is for it to be your source of defense on days you experience a sunburn, deeply nourish the skin, serve as an antioxidant, and help to render free radicals useless. It will also fight premature aging signs such as fine lines, wrinkles and tackle other skin imperfections.
- Contained a hundred percent pure Vitamin E and natural soybean oil
- Has deeply nourishing antioxidants to protect every part of the body
- Helps to neutralize free radicals to fight the signs of premature aging and improve your skin’s complexion
- Its Vitamin E can help to minimize or prevent the appearance of scars and other skin Imperfections
- A Non-GMO Project verified product
- Some customers complain that the oil is too thick and, therefore, doesn’t spread well
Artizen Lavender Essential Oil
This product from Artizen is solely designed to be a healing oil. Its formula contains primarily Lavandula angustifolia known to create an almost instant relief from sunburn. Its beauty is that it comes in handy—perfect for travel, fits into a carry-on, etc. In the end, you have rash-free, burn-free skin.
- Excellent for sunburns, skin rashes, kitchen burns, shaving irritation, insect bites, jellyfish stings, etc.
- Like all pure natural lavender products, this one is astringent and has medicinal properties
- Apply this essential oil design to keep your skin re-hydrated after each burn
- Some customers didn’t find the formula combination scent to be pleasant
- Feels sticky on the skin
Rosehip Oil by Premium Nature Organic Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil will probably surpass your expectation in terms of effectiveness and usefulness because of its versatility. Perfect for treating sunburns and contributes as the perfect essential oil for aromatherapy, to mention only a few.
- It will aid in the healing process and smooth sunburn, and reduce inflammation
- Rosehip seed oil is rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants vitamins
- Can reverse signs of aging, such as fine lines and dark spots
- Increase skin regeneration and revitalization, which can help reduce the effects of eczema and scarring
- As an organic cold-pressed oil, it will bring back natural beauty and shine
- The scent is thick and heavy
- Takes longer for skin to absorb
Provence Rose Vitamin E and Sweet Almond Multi-Use Oil
Provence Rose Almond oil is one of the few luxurious treatment oils in today’s market. It has multiple uses and is perfect for all parts of the body. It delivers the skin from sunburn, causing it to become smooth, brightening effects and supporting the skin’s natural cells.
- Paraded as a natural multi-use oil can be used on your body, face, hair, hands, and nails
- As an organic blend, this oil delivers soothing, firming, and brightening effects
- It supports the skin’s natural cell metabolism and helps to revive the skin from beneath the surface
- Designed to improve the appearance of dry, uneven skin tones and aging skin
- Provides a long-lasting formula that is gentle and safe enough for all skin types
- Oil dries quickly; you will have to cover and protect it always
- If you’re particular about how it smells, not the best option
Majestic Pure Fractionated Coconut Oil
Contains a balanced amount of caprylic acid and capric acid known to serve as antioxidant properties. Therefore, Majestic Pure is the perfect skin moisturizer for when the skin suffers sunburn. By design, it perfectly deals with skin rashes, irritation, and inflammations. It will also fight acne and soothe the skin in general.
- It is clear to yellow tint, odorless, and has no greasy feelings
- The primary ingredient, coconut oil, has versatile use, including as a remedy to sunburn
- Does not become solid as we know to other coconut oils, easily washes out of clothing, and doesn’t stain sheets
- It boasts a long shelf life and maintains its excellent properties
- It can be mixed with other expensive essential oils and work as an excellent massage oil
- Works from root to surface, so it takes time to see the result
Now that we’ve provided you with a list of the best essential oils for sunburn, we believe you now have it easy to find the product that can help you deal with this issue. Each product we suggest provides an effective solution; therefore, you only need to pick the one you find most suitable for you.