Is there a perfume that smells like vanilla? You betcha—there are many, from straight vanilla scents to delicious perfumes with vanilla undertones.
But which are the best vanilla perfumes?
Let’s be honest, it’s hard to say because everyone has individual tastes. Moreover, perfume reacts differently according to body chemistry. However, we sniffed out the best-smelling vanilla perfumes based on popularity.
Here are our top picks:
|The best vanilla perfumes||Why we love them|
|Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Fine Fragrance Mist|
|Coty Vanilla Musk for Women Cologne Spray|
|The Body Shop Vanilla Eau De Toilette Perfume|
|Pacifica Island Vanilla Spray|
|Lavanila - The Healthy Fragrance Clean and Natural, Pure Vanilla Perfume|
|Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee Cologne Absolue|
|Maison Margiela Replica by the Fireplace Fragrance|
|Giorgio Armani Si Passione Eau de Parfum Spray|
|Vanille Fatale Eau de Parfum|
As you can see, we included a wide range of options from the best cheap vanilla body spray to sophisticated eau de parfum created by master perfume makers.
Here’s a little more insight on how to choose the vanilla perfume that suits you best.
Table of Contents
- How to choose a personal fragrance
- Best Vanilla Perfumes in 2021
- Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Fine Fragrance Mist
- Coty Vanilla Musk for Women Cologne Spray
- The Body Shop Vanilla Eau De Toilette Perfume
- Pacifica Island Vanilla Spray
- Lavanila – The Healthy Fragrance Clean and Natural, Pure Vanilla Perfume
- Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee Cologne Absolue
- Maison Margiela Replica by the Fireplace Fragrance
- Giorgio Armani Si Passione Eau de Parfum Spray
- Vanille Fatale Eau de Parfum
How to choose a personal fragrance
It’s easier to choose an enjoyable fragrance if you think about these three questions.
First, where do you plan to wear the fragrance? Is it for casual activities, work, or romance?
Second, how long do you want the perfume to last? There are four concentrations to choose from, from eau de cologne that lasts for just a couple of hours to highly-concentrated parfum that can endure for days. The most common choices are eau de toilette and eau de parfum (those translate to bath water and perfume water). The former is the most affordable and persists for a few hours. The latter is a bit more expensive and can make it through a workday.
Third, besides vanilla, what other scents do you enjoy? Vanilla is often a base note, the fragrance that sticks around once the other notes have faded. The initial scent of the vanilla perfume might be floral, fruity, or spicy. But rest assured, each of the fragrances below dry down to a long-lasting vanilla essence.
We hope these tips help you decide as we go through the reviews below.
Best Vanilla Perfumes in 2021
Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Fine Fragrance Mist
If this were food, we’d eat it. Everyone who loves vanilla perfume should take a whiff of this one. It leaves the skin and hair smelling absolutely scrumptious.
Spritz it on and the first thing you’ll notice is the top notes of white orchid and vanilla. After about fifteen minutes, the fragrance shifts as the orchid fades and vanilla tonka, coconut, jasmine, and sugar rise to the occasion.
But a couple of hours later, the base notes of warm vanilla, cocoa bean, and creamy sandalwood provide a warm and cozy experience. It’s like having dessert.
Did we mention that the mist includes aloe to refresh the skin?
Fans of this perfume say that the floral notes are subtle and the fragrance lasts for several hours.
- Affordable fragranced mist with aloe for extra hydration
- A scrumptious blend of warm vanilla, coconut, and sugar with subtle floral notes
- The scent lasts for several hours
- Not a pure vanilla fragrance and does not smell like cake batter
Coty Vanilla Musk for Women Cologne Spray
Don’t be alarmed by the word “musk” because it’s not manly. Instead, it’s earthy and woody, the perfect counterbalance to vanilla. The blend is romantic, warm, and creamy. It’s more sophisticated than Coty’s Vanilla Fields, which is a sweeter scent.
If you have a chance to try both Vanilla Fields and Vanilla Musk, put a dab from each one on different wrists. Go about your day as usual, pausing to sniff each wrist after fifteen minutes, an hour, and two hours. That’s the best way to experience the full body of the perfume as it interacts with your personal chemistry.
We had difficulty deciding which one to include in our reviews as they are both delightful. But Vanilla Musk won because it’s a little bit more popular.
- Warm and creamy vanilla anchored by woody undertones
- Surprisingly inexpensive and very popular
- From a reputable perfume maker
- As it’s eau de cologne spray, it’s not as long-lasting as some options like eau de parfum
The Body Shop Vanilla Eau De Toilette Perfume
Put down the vanilla extract and pick up this bottle because it’s vegan and made without parabens, gluten, or silicone. For eau de toilette, this is a long-lasting vanilla perfume. (Our juvenile side still chuckles over the “toilette” part).
Many users say the classic vanilla scent lingers on their skin, clothes, and hair all day. It’s the type of perfume that will have people asking what you’re wearing. Moreover, it’s a mature fragrance, not too sweet. It dries down to a subtle aroma.
Did you know that the fragrance will last longer if you don’t rub it into the skin? Friction speeds up the scent release and fades a perfume faster.
- Classic vanilla fragrance, not too sweet
- Lingers for hours as a subtle aroma
- Made without parabens, silicone, gluten, and animal ingredients
- It’s tempting to put on too much
Pacifica Island Vanilla Spray
Here’s a soft vanilla perfume made by a clean beauty company. Pacifica Beauty uses non-toxic ingredients that are beneficial to the skin. They don’t test on animals and all of their products are vegan and paraben-free.
As you might imagine, the beautiful fragrance features vanilla absolute with a touch of fruit, honey, and jasmine. It’s anchored by a hint of fresh tea.
The scent is subtle, sweet, and enduring. Many reviews mention how it lingers for hours.
- Sweet and subtle vanilla with hints of honey, fruit, and jasmine
- Lingers for hours after application
- Created by a clean beauty company that uses non-toxic ingredients
- Floral notes may be disappointing if you are looking for a vanilla cupcake scent
Lavanila – The Healthy Fragrance Clean and Natural, Pure Vanilla Perfume
Out of all the perfumes we reviewed today, this one is by far and away the most natural. It contains no petrochemicals, parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, or artificial colors. Even the alcohol is made from organic sugarcane.
The amazing aroma comes from pure Madagascar vanilla, Tonka bean, and fruit and floral extracts. No one can make fun of it for being “plain-vanilla” because it’s absolutely delicious. It goes well beyond cake batter into an adult version of vanilla with spice and sugared licorice (that’s the heliotrope). It’s clean and classic.
Reviewers say that it lingers for hours on the skin.
- Natural formula without parabens, petrochemicals, and artificial ingredients
- Blends Madagascar vanilla, Tonka bean, and fruit and floral extracts like heliotrope
- Persists for hours on the skin
- Just a little goes a long way – strong fragrance
Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee Cologne Absolue
If you’re not a fan of fruity and floral, try this citrusy vanilla with woody base notes. It’s a unisex fragrance that appeals to vanilla lovers around the world.
Imagine unsweetened vanilla with coriander and lime. As it dries down, you’ll notice oakmoss and amber. Yes, it’s a unique scent that settles into a unique aroma that lasts throughout the day.
What’s more, 91% of the formula is derived from renewable natural ingredients. These include vanilla from Madagascar and lime from Mexico.
We were happy to see that it’s offered in a variety of sizes. Get the 10mL bottle if you’re not ready to commit to a larger size.
- True vanilla is interwoven with lime and coriander, anchored by oakmoss and amber
- Unisex fragrance that endures all day
- Made from renewable natural ingredients
- Available in different sizes
- Sophisticated, not cozy
Maison Margiela Replica by the Fireplace Fragrance
This is a very grown-up fragrance. It’s unisex, perfect for anyone who loves cloves, chestnut, and vanilla.
It’s in the warm and spicy family, meant to make you think of staying warm by the fireplace on a cold winter evening. The appealing aroma was developed by famed perfumer Marie Salamagne and launched in 2015.
The moment you spray it, you’ll experience pink pepper, orange blossom, and cloves. Give it time to breathe, and you’ll notice it settles down to a smoky vanilla perfume for the skin.
- The sophisticated unisex aroma of cloves, pink pepper, chestnut, and smoky vanilla
- Created by a famed perfumer
- Long-lasting, especially on the skin
- Not a pure vanilla fragrance
Giorgio Armani Si Passione Eau de Parfum Spray
Don’t stop here if you must have the essence of vanilla from the get-go. You won’t smell it until the top notes have dried down.
The first impression of this perfume is fruity with pear and pink pepper. It takes a little while to work its way through the rosy middle notes and settle into warm vanilla with cedar and amber.
Try it for a spring and summer fragrance as it’s just plain happy. But don’t be afraid to wear it for date night because it’s romantic, too. The spicy amber persists for hours on the skin.
- Perky fragrance for extra confidence
- Appropriate for spring and summer, casual activities, or romance
- Starts with fruit and flowers, but settles into warm vanilla with woody notes
- Comes in an attractive bottle
- Not straight vanilla
Vanille Fatale Eau de Parfum
Let’s wrap up with a potent vanilla finale. The official description of this perfume contains phrases like, “a beguiling tempest”, “a rush of blood to the head”, and “smoky glamour”. It’s seductive and addictive.
It begins with spicy coriander and saffron with myrrh and frankincense. These blend with roasted barley and coffee, narcissus, and frangipani. But overall, it’s Madagascan vanilla with mahogany and a touch of suede.
Even with all the other aromas, vanilla is the strongest in this perfume. But it’s not the gourmand type of vanilla, but rather something sexier.
- An opulent blend of vanilla and spice
- Very long-lasting, dries down to a warm aroma
- Expensive, but worth it for fans
Vanilla is a classic fragrance. It can be fun and friendly, warm and welcoming. But it’s not just cupcakes baking in the oven – it can also be romantic and sexy when accompanied by the right notes.
If you discovered your new favorite vanilla perfume today, we’d love to hear what you think. Please leave us a comment below.