Sometimes, shampoo doesn’t cut it. It might smell nice in the bottle, but it quickly fades after the hair dries. How else can you make your hair smell good?
You could spritz it with cologne, but this could dry out the strands. Instead, try using something moisturizing and protective. We’re talking about the best hair perfume – check out the reviews below.
|The best hair perfumes||Why we love them|
|Aussie Lustr Shine Enhancing Hair Spray Perfume||
|Pacifica Beauty Indian Coconut Nectar Perfumed Hair & Body Mist||
|MISE EN SCENE Perfect Rose Perfume Serum||
|ETUDE HOUSE Silk Scarf Hologram Hair Serum||
|Brazilian Crush Cheirosa Hair & Body Fragrance Mist||
|Oribe Cote d'Azur Hair Refresher||
|Hair Shots Asian Green Perfume Quality Heat Activated Hair Fragrance||
|Carolina Herrera Goodgirl EDP Hair Mist||
|Byredo Gypsy Water Hair Perfume||
|SACHAJUAN Protective Hair Perfume||
- 1 Who needs hair perfume?
- 2 How to choose the best hair perfume
- 3 Best Hair Perfumes in 2022
- 3.1 Aussie Lustr Shine Enhancing Hair Spray Perfume
- 3.2 Pacifica Beauty Indian Coconut Nectar Perfumed Hair & Body Mist
- 3.3 MISE EN SCENE Perfect Rose Perfume Serum
- 3.4 ETUDE HOUSE Silk Scarf Hologram Hair Serum
- 3.5 Brazilian Crush Cheirosa Hair & Body Fragrance Mist
- 3.6 Oribe Cote d’Azur Hair Refresher
- 3.7 Hair Shots Asian Green Perfume Heat-Activated Hair Fragrance
- 3.8 Carolina Herrera Goodgirl EDP Hair Mist
- 3.9 Byredo Gypsy Water Hair Perfume
- 3.10 SACHAJUAN Protective Hair Perfume
- 4 Conclusion
Who needs hair perfume?
Hair perfume isn’t just for smokers, people with dreads, or those who skip a few days between washes. It’s also helpful if you don’t have time to redo your hair after exercising.
Most of all, hair perfume is for anyone who wants to enjoy fragrant tresses no matter the reason.
How to choose the best hair perfume
Hair perfume isn’t bad for your hair if it’s formulated properly. Typically, you’ll find less alcohol and more protective ingredients. Natural nutrients seal in moisture and enhance shine while others guard against UV and heat damage.
Although hair perfume doesn’t necessarily help with styling like hairspray, it may reduce frizz.
When shopping for hair perfume, think about what scents you prefer. There are lots of fruity and floral options marketed to women. Meanwhile, hair perfume for men might smell woodsy.
Once you know what fragrance you want, check for additional benefits like conditioners and heat protectant.
Read on to find the best smelling hair perfume.
Best Hair Perfumes in 2022
Aussie Lustr Shine Enhancing Hair Spray Perfume
Let’s start with a best-selling drugstore hair perfume. It has a light tropical fruit fragrance that endures for hours. It has mild to moderate sillage which means people near you can smell it, but it’s not overwhelming.
It’s a water-based formula that’s free of drying alcohols and packed with helpful ingredients. That only will it make the hair shinier, but it also helps with detangling and frizz. Users say it makes it seem like you just washed your hair.
Interestingly, the bottle has a warning that the spray can make hard surfaces slippery.
- Smells like tropical fruit and makes hair shiny and smooth
- Water-based and free of drying alcohols
Pacifica Beauty Indian Coconut Nectar Perfumed Hair & Body Mist
What about natural hair perfume? This alcohol-free spray is made with essential oils and free of parabens, petroleum, and sulfates. It’s vegan and was never tested on animals.
It features the delicious fragrance of vanilla and coconut with a hint of tropical fruit. It’s light yet long-lasting. Feel free to use it on both the hair and body.
Furthermore, it’s available in several scents including Island Vanilla, French Lilac, Persian Rose, Tahitian Gardenia, and Himalayan Patchouli Berry.
- Natural hair perfume fragranced with essential oils
- Light and long-lasting fragrance for both the hair and body
- Vegan, cruelty-free, and alcohol-free
- Contains no parabens, sulfates, or petroleum
- Available in a variety of scents
- If you try one fragrance, you may be tempted to get them all
MISE EN SCENE Perfect Rose Perfume Serum
K-beauty fans are already acquainted with this product. It’s a sweet rose-scented hair perfume that’s very popular in Korea.
It’s made with Moroccan argan oil that leaves hair strengthened and sleek. Think of it as a leave-in conditioner because it provides heat protection and reduces frizz.
Moreover, it helps treat split ends and tangles. That’s not surprising as it’s packed with other natural oils like jojoba, camellia, and marula.
Happily, it’s free of mineral oil, animal ingredients, and other nasty things. Curly Girls may be disappointed, however, as the base ingredient is silicone. Still, reviewers say it’s very lightweight and helpful for damaged hair.
- Smells like sweet roses
- Infused with argan, camellia, marula, and jojoba oils
- Treat split ends and guards against heat damage and frizz
- Lightweight, leaves the hair smooth and soft
- Skip it if you are trying to avoid silicone
ETUDE HOUSE Silk Scarf Hologram Hair Serum
Do you have fine hair that’s prone to flyaways and frizz? What about damage from heat styling or chemical processing? Then try this conditioning hair perfume with a fruity floral fragrance. It’s a hair serum that strengthens damaged strands.
It features four natural oils that make hair shiny, smooth, and manageable. These include argan, camellia, sunflower seed, and macadamia that soak in and seal the cuticle. They make a noticeable difference to dry hair and provide protection for styling.
Reviewers say the scent is pleasant and light, plus it lasts all day. Be sure to apply it to damp hair for best results.
- Light fruity floral fragrance that lasts for hours
- In a conditioning formula with argan, sunflower seed, camellia, and macadamia oils
- Smooths and adds shine to dry hair, protects against styling damage
- Makes fine hair frizz-free and manageable
- Best applied to damp hair, not as suitable for a pick-me-up on days between washes
Brazilian Crush Cheirosa Hair & Body Fragrance Mist
Make your hair smell good enough to eat. This hair perfume smells like creamy vanilla, caramel, and almonds with a hint of tropical flowers. If that’s not your thing, you can also get it in Coconut Cream & Toasted Praline or Caramelized Vanilla & Macadamia.
All three scents are sensual and sweet. You can wear them on your hair, body, and clothes to smell yummy for hours.
Users say the fragrance fades after a while on the skin, but the sillage is spectacular. It’s strong enough that those around them can’t help but be enchanted by it.
- Sensual sweet and nutty fragrance (three scents to choose from)
- Last for a few hours – longer on hair and clothing than on skin
- Strong sillage
- May cause dessert cravings
Oribe Cote d’Azur Hair Refresher
Get familiar with Oribe’s signature fragrance of Italian bergamot, white peach, and cedarwood. It’s unisex and universally appealing, and it’s what makes this hair perfume irresistible.
It’s formulated without salt and harsh ingredients to protect keratin-treated styles. Plus, it will refresh your tresses by neutralizing odors, making it extremely popular among those who can’t shampoo every day. Use it any time to spruce up.
Like the matching shampoo and conditioner, it has Oribe’s Signature Complex with fruit and flower extracts. That’s why it offers UV protection against fading and eliminates static. In fact, it’s so good at what it does that it won awards from Good Housekeeping and OK! Magazine.
- Award-winning hair perfume that neutralizes odors and has an addictive unisex fragrance
- Free of salt and harsh ingredients to protect keratin-treated styles
- Can be used on damp or dry hair
- Guards against fading and static
- Pricier but well worth the expense
Hair Shots Asian Green Perfume Heat-Activated Hair Fragrance
It was hard to decide between this scent and the other options like Coconut Mango and Cotton Candy. In the end, we chose this one because it smells herbal like walking through a bamboo forest with a little jasmine growing by the wayside. We found that it appeals to both women and men.
What’s interesting is that we found a lot of people said this fragrance lasted longer in their hair than their perfume did on their bodies. It racks up compliments throughout the day. It’s heat-activated so the aroma gets stronger if a person sweats or stands out in the sunshine.
(The brand mentions that the product may prevent hair lice in kids. We checked the ingredients to see why that is and found that the label lists only fragrance oil, water, and alcohol).
Moreover, it prevents the burned hair smell after using a curling iron or blow-drying. Even the thickest of hair only needs a few spritzes.
- Fresh herbal fragrance intensifies if the wearer sweats
- Prevents the burned odor from blow drying and hot irons
- Available in a variety of scents
- We’re still scratching our heads over the claim that it may ward off lice
Carolina Herrera Goodgirl EDP Hair Mist
Two squirts will keep your hair fragrant all day long. This hair mist is very similar to regular perfume with a few protective ingredients added. It’s not alcohol-free, but it’s richly-scented and potent.
The aroma is best described as jasmine anchored by Tonka bean (similar to vanilla) and cocoa. The brand describes it as “freshly light and moodily dark” which seems appropriate.
- Just a little of this potent fragrance endures all day
- Blends jasmine with Tonka bean and cocoa
- Not alcohol-free
Byredo Gypsy Water Hair Perfume
It’s described as a woody aromatic fragrance for women and men. It opens with notes of bergamot, pepper, and juniper berries. After a few minutes, the heart notes of pine needle and incense become stronger. The base notes are sandalwood, vanilla, and amber.
Although it’s just a strong as regular perfume, this hair mist contains silicone to smooth and protect the hair, leaving it shinier.
- Similar to an eau de toilette, the fragrance lasts at least four hours
- Has silicone to make the hair shinier and smoother
- Unisex woody aromatic fragrance
SACHAJUAN Protective Hair Perfume
How do you feel about spicy, earthy, incense-like aromas? This hair perfume isn’t floral or sweet like so many others. It can last for an entire workday, but will fade somewhat by the end.
It’s not alcohol-free, but it does have some helpful ingredients. These include sunflower seed extract and olive oil, but no silicone. It neutralizes unwanted odors at the same time it fragrances the hair.
Furthermore, it moisturizes, provides UV protection, and prevents static. It’s an all-in-one hair serum and perfume that enhances the hair’s appearance, performance, and scent.
- Fragrance is spicy, earthy, and incense-like
- Lasts for 6 to 8 hours or longer
- UV protection, moisture, and anti-static action
- Not cheap, but worth it
Why do you need hair perfume? It’s handy for those times that you can’t shampoo. But it’s also a lovely way to wear and enjoy a fragrance. Even better, hair perfume often offers extra moisture and protection for heat styling.
If you found your new favorite hair product today, we’d be happy to hear about it in the comments below.