We hate having bags under our eyes. The problem is worse as we grow older. Eye cream and extra sleep don’t seem to solve the problem. So we thought why not try the best eye massagers for dark circles.
Are eye massagers any good? Or are they bad for the eyes? We researched to discover the answers. It turns out we weren’t the only ones that were curious about how to treat eye bags and discoloration. A team of researchers recruited eighty women ranging from 25 to 60 years old and asked them to try one of three treatments for a month. These included facial massage, a self-treatment device, or commercial skincare products. The goal was to see if lymphatic drainage would reduce the puffiness and dark circles. After all, manual lymph drainage by way of massage is used by spa therapists and beauticians around the world (1).
If you’d like to try your own experiment to get rid of dark circles, here are the best eye massagers:
|The best eye massagers for dark circles
|Why we love them
|Ice Globes For Facials by PRIME Fitness
|Teenitor Ice Roller For Eye Puffiness
|ITME Stainless Steel Eye Ice Rollers
|Lisapack Metal Eye Cream Applicator Wand Massager Tool
|Jade Berry Rose Quartz Face Roller and Gua Sha Set
|L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra-Energetic, Anti Fatigue Ice Cold Eye Roller
|FOREO IRIS Illuminating Eye Massager
|LANDWIND Eye Massager, Ionic Eyes Facial Massager Wand
- 1 How to massage the eyes to reduce dark circles
- 2 Best Eye Massagers for Dark Circles in 2024
- 2.1 Ice Globes for Facials by PRIME Fitness
- 2.2 Teenitor Ice Roller for Eye Puffiness
- 2.3 ITME Stainless Steel Eye Ice Rollers
- 2.4 Lisapack Metal Eye Cream Applicator Wand Massager Tool
- 2.5 Jade Berry Rose Quartz Face Roller and Gua Sha Set
- 2.6 L’Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra-Energetic, Anti-Fatigue Ice Cold Eye Roller
- 2.7 FOREO IRIS Illuminating Eye Massager
- 2.8 LANDWIND Eye Massager, Ionic Eyes Facial Massager Wand
- 3 Conclusion
How to massage the eyes to reduce dark circles
If you purchase an eye massager, chances are it will come with instructions. Still, here is the general technique for massaging the eyes.
Start by tapping your index and middle fingers lightly in a circle around the eye. This increases circulation to the zone.
Next, continue tapping along the eyebrows towards the ears and then along the top of the cheekbone toward the bridge of the nose. Go around each eye three times.
Now, place your middle fingers at the pressure points under the brow bone on either side of your nose where your eyebrows start. Press firmly upward and hold for three seconds. Afterward, press firmly inward next to the tear ducts toward the nose.
Wrap up by massaging your temples in a circular motion with your index and middle fingers.
Since the skin around the eyes is more delicate, don’t drag your fingers or scrub at the skin there.
Best Eye Massagers for Dark Circles in 2024
Now, let’s get started with the best eye massager reviews.
Ice Globes for Facials by PRIME Fitness
If you get migraines, you can solve two problems with one purchase. This is the best eye massager for headaches. Soothe your eyes, your head, and your neck with these wonderful little tools.
These are stainless steel globes with handles. The metal is food-grade and can be used hot or cold. Either place the globes in the freezer to cool them or soak them in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes to warm them. Either way, they retain the temperature for up to thirty minutes because they are filled with non-toxic gel. Plus, the handles have silicone sleeves to protect your hands from the heat or cold.
Since they are made of metal, they don’t break and they are straightforward to clean. Wipe them off with a little soap and water.
- Stainless steel globes filled with non-toxic gel
- Can be heated or cooled for massages
- Retain the temperature for up to thirty minutes
- Come with silicone sleeves for the handles to protect the hands
- Someone in the family is always using them, so we suggest getting two sets
Teenitor Ice Roller for Eye Puffiness
Here is a soft and smooth ice roller embedded with gel beads. You can store it in the freezer or the refrigerator to keep it cold. It helps reduce undereye bags and makes sunburn and bug bites feel a lot better.
Roll it over sore muscles and enjoy a refreshing massage in the hot summertime. Moreover, you can roll it across your nose to make pores look smaller!
Go ahead, wake up that hungover face with a few minutes of ice cold massage. Once you’re done, you can wipe it down with alcohol or wash it with soap and water.
- Smooth, soft roller on a handle
- Embedded with gel beads to maintain the cool temperature
- Washable and infinitely reusable
- Good for shrinking pores, treating headaches, and soothing sunburn, sore muscles, and bug bites
- A little large for rolling under the eyes
ITME Stainless Steel Eye Ice Rollers
Even if you use it at room temperature, this stainless steel roller feels cool on the skin. But feel free to store it in the fridge or the icebox for extra cooling power.
It’s handy for applying eye cream and massaging problem areas. In fact, you can use it anywhere on the face to relieve redness or help a facial serum to penetrate deeper.
Users say that massaging with it twice a day shrinks the puffiness under their eyes. It makes the eyes look more awake.
- Stainless steel rust-resistant roller that can be stored in the fridge or freezer or used at room temperature
- Handy for applying eye cream, may help facial serum penetrate better
- It makes facial massage addictive
Lisapack Metal Eye Cream Applicator Wand Massager Tool
These sleek tools are a pleasure to use. They let you turn your ordinary nighttime routine into a very satisfactory experience. Instead of simply patting on your moisturizer, why not use the face massager to stimulate your skin?
Pay special attention to the area around the eyes with the rounded applicator. The cool smooth surface is designed for doing a luxurious eye massage. It’s extra convenient if you have long nails because it’s hard to tap on cream otherwise. The massager wand lets you do all massaging you want without poking yourself in the eye or dragging at the skin.
Both tools are easy to wipe clean and sanitize after use. Plus, they come with a satisfaction guarantee.
- Set with two rose gold face massager tools
- Rounded eye massager and face cream applicator
- Especially convenient for users with long nails
Jade Berry Rose Quartz Face Roller and Gua Sha Set
Those in the know use gua sha for facial massage and lymphatic drainage. This kit includes a gua sha stone and a rose quartz roller. The roller is dual-ended. One end is large and the other is small for use around the eyes.
The cool, smooth stone feels delicious as it glides along the skin. You can store it in the refrigerator for an extra refreshing eye massage.
Both tools are handcrafted and come in a padded gift box in case you’d like to surprise someone.
- Handcrafted rose quartz gua sha stone and roller
- Dual-ended roller has one small stone for eye massages and one large stone for the face and neck
- Smooth, cool stone can be stored in the refrigerator
L’Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra-Energetic, Anti-Fatigue Ice Cold Eye Roller
Why is this eye massager marketed to guys? It doesn’t look or smell especially masculine, so we decided to try it for ourselves. It’s surprisingly effective against puffiness and dark circles.
It’s a steel roller ball mounted on a tube of magic serum. The liquid inside has caffeine, vitamin C, and peptides to perk up the skin. There is a little peppermint, too. This makes for a cooling sensation.
What’s nice is that the formula happens to be moisturizing so it works well as eye cream for daytime wear. Men who tested it in a clinical study said that their eyes felt instantly soothed. After applying it every day for a month, over 80% of those guys said that their eyes looked less tired.
Furthermore, there are no parabens or artificial fragrances in the serum. Just don’t get it directly in the eye as it stings a bit.
- Soothing, instantly cooling serum with a rollerball applicator
- Clinical studies proved that it makes eyes look less tired
- Serum contains caffeine, peptides, moisturizers, and vitamin C to eliminate dark circles and puffiness
- If you get it in your eyes, the serum stings
FOREO IRIS Illuminating Eye Massager
Does vibration get rid of dark circles? Clinical trials of this vibrating eye massager say that it does. The study showed that the device not only reduces dark circles and bags under the eyes, but it also fades fine lines.
The secret lies in the Alternating T-Sonic Technology. It imitates the Asian-style fingertip tapping massage. It gently pulses as you move it around the contour of the eyes. You can even choose between two different modes according to what you need.
The spa mode taps and pulses for an intensive treatment to combat signs of aging. Then, the pure mode feels more like a manual massage for younger skin that just needs a pick me up.
The massager is coated in smooth, medical-grade silicone that’s BPA-free and hypoallergenic. It comes with a two-year limited warranty and a ten-year quality guarantee.
What’s the catch? You have to remember to recharge it every so often, so it comes with a USB cable.
- Eye massaging device with Alternating T-Sonic Technology
- Two massage modes, Pure that mimics manual massage and Spa for intensive treatment
- Pulses and taps to boost blood circulation, reduce undereye bags and discoloration, and fade fine lines
- Covered in medical-grade soft silicone
- Can be used to apply serum and eye cream
- Rechargeable, comes with a two-year limited warranty and ten-year quality guarantee
- Like all rechargeable devices, the battery will eventually give out, but hopefully not until you’ve enjoyed it for several years
LANDWIND Eye Massager, Ionic Eyes Facial Massager Wand
This affordable eye massager heats up to a few degrees above body temperature and vibrates to relax the skin around the eyes. Ten thousand pulses per minute stimulate collagen production and reduce puffiness.
If you prefer to use it with just the vibration and without the heat, there is a second mode for that, too.
The only downside is that it’s not waterproof and can’t be used to apply serum or moisturizer.
- Affordable eye massager with two modes
- One mode vibrates ten thousand pulses per minute to stimulate collagen production and reduce puffiness
- The second mode includes vibration and heat to relax the skin
- Not waterproof, can’t be washed or used to apply serum
If dark circles are getting you down, try using an eye massager to relieve them. Hot, cold, and vibrating massage all stimulate blood flow to erase discoloration and reduce puffiness.
We hope these reviews helped you discover your new favorite skincare tool today. If so, feel free to gush about it in the comments below.
1. https://news.flinders.edu.au/blog/2012/06/01/potential-cure-for-unsightly-eye-bags/ published June 1, 2012, accessed September 29, 2021