Put down the self-tanning mousse and pick up one of the best liquid bronzers. It’s the quickest way to enjoy a sun-kissed glow and dewy skin. A liquid bronzer is perfect for a healthy, no-makeup look.
Don’t get us wrong, powder bronzers have their place, but liquid bronzers are more versatile. You can add them to foundation or moisturizer or wear them on a bare face. They quickly give the skin a natural glow and they never cake.
- 1 How do I choose liquid bronzer?
- 2 How to use liquid bronzer
- 3 Best Liquid Bronzers in 2022
- 3.1 Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi Antipollution Sunshine Serum
- 3.2 Lumene Invisible Illumination Kaunis Liquid Bronzer
- 3.3 Perricone MD No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- 3.4 Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronzing Tint
- 3.5 Revlon Skinlights Face Glow Illuminator
- 3.6 L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics X Camila Cabello Havana Sun-lit Liquid Bronzer
- 3.7 COVERGIRL Vitalist Go Glow Glotion
- 3.8 TEMPTU S/B Silicone-Based Shimmer Airbrush Bronzer
- 4 Conclusion
How do I choose liquid bronzer?
When you shop for liquid bronzer, choose one that is a shade or two darker than your skin tone. How does the color look with your eyes? Choose a bronzer with hints of gold if you have brown eyes. Otherwise, blue and green eyes pop with peach or rose shades.
Then, decide if you prefer a matte or shimmer finish. Although shimmer bronzers promise to leave your complexion radiant, they usually look more natural on younger skin. In any case, remember that bronzer is buildable, and that’s handy for contouring, not just looking suntanned.
Lastly, if you have sensitive skin, check the label. Is the bronzer non-comedogenic and oil-free to prevent acne? Also, look for fragrance-free and hypoallergenic cosmetics.
How to use liquid bronzer
Shake that tube of bronzer before you use it. Next, put a little dab on the back of your hand and smooth it on the cheekbones, temples, jawline, and the bridge of your nose. What you’re doing is adding color to the places the sun naturally hits.
Use your fingers, a sponge, or a brush to blend the bronzer. You can always add more if it’s not dark enough. Once you’re satisfied, lock it in with setting powder or finishing spray.
For all-over color, add a drop of bronzer to your foundation or moisturizer and apply as usual. This will give your entire face a natural flush color – but don’t forget to blend onto your neck.
|The best liquid bronzers||Why we love them|
|Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi Antipollution Sunshine Serum||
|Lumene Invisible Illumination Kaunis Liquid Bronzer||
|Perricone MD No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 15||
|Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronzing Tint||
|Revlon Skinlights Face Glow Illuminator||
|L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics X Camila Cabello Havana Sun-lit Liquid Bronzer||
|COVERGIRL Vitalist Go Glow Glotion||
|TEMPTU S/B Silicone-Based Shimmer Airbrush Bronzer||
Best Liquid Bronzers in 2022
Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi Antipollution Sunshine Serum
Here are the best liquid bronzer drops. They do so much more than just add color. The formula is enriched with omega fatty acids, peptides, and antioxidants to boost the skin’s health. In fact, the brand recommends adding a drop or two to your moisturizer or sunscreen to spread the benefits all over your face.
The drops leave the skin radiant whether or not you wear makeup. What’s more, you can relax knowing that this is a cruelty-free, vegan product that comes in recyclable packaging. It’s free of artificial fragrances, dyes, silicone, and drying alcohols, too.
Reviewers say this liquid bronzer provides a subtle tan and takes good care of sensitive skin.
- Versatile liquid bronzer can be worn alone or mixed with makeup, moisturizer, or sunscreen
- Makes for a subtle tan with a radiant glow
- Gives skin a healthy boost with antioxidants, peptides, and omega fatty acids
- Vegan and free of artificial fragrances, dyes, drying alcohols, and silicone
- Made in the USA and never tested on animals, comes in recyclable packaging
- Not cheap, but worth it – just a couple of drops go a long way
Lumene Invisible Illumination Kaunis Liquid Bronzer
You’ve seen how pale some Nordic women are. As you might imagine, excess bronze looks unnatural on them. That’s why the best sheer liquid bronzer comes from Finland.
They call it a “watercolor bronzer” because it’s lightweight and straightforward to blend. The formula is based on Arctic spring water from Lapland to energize and hydrate the skin.
Next, there’s Arctic cloudberry rich with vitamin C to neutralize environmental pollution. And don’t forget pearlescent pigments for a hint of shimmer.
Some users say the bronzer is so beautiful they’ve stopped wearing foundation. It’s undetectable as it looks so natural, yet it’s buildable, too. It looks dark in the bottle, but it’s surprisingly lightweight and blendable. The only con is that it has a perfumed scent.
- Sheer watercolor bronzer that’s buildable
- Pearlescent shimmer
- Hydrates the skin and guards against premature aging
- Smells a bit like perfume
Perricone MD No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Fans of this fragrance-free liquid bronzer say that it gives the skin a natural luminous glow. Even those with very pale skin say that it blends perfectly into the skin for a gorgeous touch of color.
The bronzer has the texture of a serum with sheer coverage that’s buildable. Moreover, it features a mineral-based sunscreen and ingredients that brighten the complexion. Wear it alone or mix it with moisturizer or foundation – it improves the skin’s health and appearance immediately and over the long term.
We’re also pleased that this is a paraben-free formula.
- Sheer, buildable coverage with a mineral-based sunscreen
- Provides an immediate healthy glow, but also improves the skin’s health over time
- Can be worn alone or blended with moisturizer or foundation
- Paraben-free with no artificial fragrance
- Not the least expensive option, but has a diehard fan base
Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronzing Tint
This liquid gives a sun-kissed glow to both pale and olive complexions. Depending on your skin tone and the depth of color you desire, add one to three drops to your moisturizer and blend. Users say it takes absolutely no skill to apply, it still looks lovely.
If you use it alone, it’s one of the best liquid bronzers for contouring. But in that case, you’ll need a sponge or brush to apply it.
The formula has witch hazel to tighten pores and olive oil for a smooth finish. But there are cons for those with allergies because it has an artificial fragrance and peanut oil.
- One of the best liquid bronzers for contouring
- Can be worn alone or blended with moisturizer
- The depth of color is customizable
- Contains witch hazel to tighten pores
- If you have peanut allergies or sensitive skin, please check the label
Revlon Skinlights Face Glow Illuminator
Which is the best drugstore liquid bronzer? We like Revlon’s bronzer that comes in two shades: Sunburst Bronze or Sunrise Luster. Keep in mind that this is a shimmery bronzer with pearlescent pigments that reflect the light. Therefore, it doubles as a highlighter.
You can wear it alone or mix it with foundation or moisturizer. The tube has a nozzle tip that makes it easy to control the amount you want to use (and prevents contamination).
Reviewers say it’s sheer when used in small amounts and not too sparkly. It’s just enough sheen to make the skin look luminous with a subtle tan. Plus, for the price, it provides excellent value.
- Affordable bronzer that doubles as highlighter
- Available in light and medium shades
- Pearlescent pigments for a shimmery finish
- Can be worn alone or blended with moisturizer or foundation
- Tube has a nozzle tip for controlled application
- Be careful to use only a little for starters – it’s highly pigmented
L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics X Camila Cabello Havana Sun-lit Liquid Bronzer
This is a limited-edition bronzer right now, but we hope it becomes a permanent part of L’Oreal’s lineup. Try it if you miss the discontinued Bonnie Bell liquid bronzer. It has just enough sheen for a beautiful suntanned look.
Like similar products, you can use it alone or put a couple of drops in foundation or moisturizer for an all-over glow. It won’t emphasize dryness or make the skin greasy even though it’s hydrating. Users with mature skin appreciate it because it’s not glittery.
- Dupe for the discontinued Bonnie Bell liquid bronzer
- Hydrating formula with a natural sheen
- Favorite pick for mature skin but beautiful on everyone
- Limited edition
COVERGIRL Vitalist Go Glow Glotion
If you can get past the strange scent, Covergirl’s liquid bronzer is inexpensive and easy to use. It’s available in two shades: Light and Bronze. Both are dermatologist-tested and appropriate for sensitive skin.
In truth, this is more like a thin lotion than a serum and you can wear it over your whole face instead of highlighting or contouring with it. The moisturizing formula features vitamins B3, B6, and E for a healthy, clear complexion. It might be the only moisturizer you need if you have normal to oily skin.
It has light-reflecting pigments, so remember to shake it before using it.
- Moisturizing like a lightweight lotion, can be worn on the whole face for all-over glow
- Enhanced with vitamins B3, B6, and E for healthy skin
- Dermatologist-tested for sensitive skin
- Available in two shades with light-reflecting pigments
- Weird scent that fades soon after application
TEMPTU S/B Silicone-Based Shimmer Airbrush Bronzer
Do you wear airbrush makeup? Then you might already be familiar with TEMPTU. This brand offers both shimmer and matte bronzer. Even if you don’t have an airbrush setup, you can use this liquid formula with a brush, sponge, or your fingers.
It’s buildable from sheer to full coverage, making it excellent for contouring. Plus, the dewy finish is luminous and long-lasting. It won’t transfer once it sets.
Furthermore, the silicone-based formula contains no oil to clog pores or parabens to irritate skin. It’s hypoallergenic and moisturizing.
- Airbrush bronzer available in matte or shimmer finishes
- Can be applied with a brush, sponge, or fingers
- Transfer-resistant and buildable from sheer to full coverage
- Silicone-based hypoallergenic formula
- Oil-free and moisturizing, contains no parabens
- It seems like a small bottle, but it lasts longer than you’d expect
Give your skin the healthy glow you’ve been longing for. A liquid bronzer will leave your skin luminous and tanned. Contour with it or add it to your makeup or moisturizer for a radiant complexion.
We hope our reviews helped you find what you want today. If you love your new bronzer, please tell us more about it in the comments below.