To be healthy, the skin needs more than topical treatments. What you put into your body also affects it. If your moisturizer isn’t enough, you may need to drink more water and supplement your diet. People around the world have found that the best vitamins for dry skin make a positive difference.
Consuming the right nutrients can help your body build firm, healthy skin from the inside out. So, what are the best vitamins for dry skin? Check the reviews below to find out.
|The best vitamins for dry skin
|Why we love them
|Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Extra Strength
|Alive! Premium Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin
|HUM Glow Sweet Glow - Skin Hydration Gummy Hearts Supplement
|Tropical Oasis Women's Premium Liquid Multivitamin, Superfood, Herbal Blend
|8Greens Skin + Marine Collagen for Beautiful Skin
|Solgar Collagen Hyaluronic Acid Complex
- 1 What vitamin deficiency can cause dry skin?
- 2 Which are the best vitamins for dry skin?
- 3 How to choose the best supplements for dry skin
- 4 Best Vitamins for Dry Skin in 2024
- 4.1 Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions Extra Strength
- 4.2 Alive! Premium Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin with Biotin and Collagen
- 4.3 HUM Glow Sweet Glow – Skin Hydration Gummy Hearts Supplement
- 4.4 Tropical Oasis Women’s Premium Liquid Multivitamin, Superfood, Herbal Blend
- 4.5 8Greens Skin + Marine Collagen for Beautiful Skin – Effervescent Super Greens Dietary Supplement
- 4.6 Solgar Collagen Hyaluronic Acid Complex
- 5 Conclusion
What vitamin deficiency can cause dry skin?
Since we became smarter about wearing sunscreen and started spending more time indoors, humans have had to deal with vitamin D deficiency. Without enough vitamin D, a person can suffer with dry skin and eczema (1).
If your body doesn’t have enough vitamin C, it will struggle to make enough collagen to keep the skin firm and hydrated. And if you combine vitamin C with collagen and zinc, it’s proven to make the skin look and feel younger (2).
Which are the best vitamins for dry skin?
Besides vitamins C and D for skin repair, you can treat dry skin internally with other dietary supplements. For example, fish oil, collagen, and hyaluronic acid all contribute to elastic, hydrated, firm skin with fewer wrinkles and less discoloration.
B vitamins are also good for glowing skin and strong nails and hair. You’ve probably heard of biotin which is vitamin B7 and panthenol which is vitamin B5. But there are also riboflavin (B2) and niacin (B3) which specifically contribute to moisturized skin.
Lastly, let’s not forget vitamin E for helping the skin heal faster by maintaining lipid levels and reducing inflammation.
How to choose the best supplements for dry skin
First, it’s smart to consult with your doctor before starting supplements. Some medications may conflict with certain ingredients It’s also essential to check the label if you have any known allergies like gluten, soy, dairy, or nuts.
Second, does the supplement have the vitamins you need in the amounts you require? For safety’s sake, don’t go over the recommended daily allowance unless it’s by a doctor’s orders. Not all vitamins are water-soluble and overdosing on them can make you very ill or worse. (Like how excess vitamin D can cause nausea, kidney stones, palpitations, and even kidney failure).
Third, check the qualifications of the manufacturer. Do they have an independent laboratory testing the product for purity? Are the supplements allergen-free?
Finally, consider how you prefer to take your vitamins. Do you prefer drops, powder, capsules, tablets, or gummies? How many and how often do you need to take them?
Best Vitamins for Dry Skin in 2024
Now, here are reviews of the best vitamins for moisturized skin.
Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions Extra Strength
This supplement brand has been in business for five decades. Their facilities are audited by both the United States Pharmacopeia and Specialized Technology Resources (STR). Also, throughout the entire process, the supplements are tested for quality and purity.
The brand doesn’t use artificial flavors, sugar, sodium, lactose, gluten, fish, preservatives, or unnecessary fillers. These softgels are made with gelatin, vegetable glycerin, and soybean oil so they are easy to swallow. That’s good news as you’ll need to take three caplets a day to get the full dose. (It’s recommended to take one with each meal.) A serving features 100% of the daily value for vitamin D and varying amounts of other vitamins and minerals. It’s safe to say that it could replace your daily multivitamin.
Yet, it’s not just vitamins you’re taking. The softgels include non-GMO botanicals for healthy hair and skin like horsetail, argan oil, hydrolyzed collagen, and hyaluronic acid. Check the label for full details.
Reviewers say that the pills are easy on the stomach. They’ve seen marked improvements in the appearance of their hair, nails, and skin after only a month of use.
- Multivitamin designed for healthy skin, hair, and nails
- Enhanced with botanicals like argan oil and horsetail plus collagen and hyaluronic acid
- Softgels are easy to swallow and digest
- Product is tested throughout the manufacturing process for purity and quality
- Manufacturing facilities are independently audited
- Non-GMO ingredients with no artificial flavors or allergens
- None, other than the patience to take three pills a day and wait a few weeks for results
Alive! Premium Hair, Skin and Nails Multivitamin with Biotin and Collagen
Why swallow pills when you can chew gummies? These strawberry-flavored bites are delightful and it’s tempting to eat more than two a day.
Each serving offers 2500mcg of biotin, 300mg of collagen, and plenty of vitamins A, C, and E. Those nutrients alone ensure that you’ll have the basics for healthy skin.
There are still more benefits. Each serving also has 100mg of Orchard Fruits Garden Veggies Blend made from the real deal. It consists of tasty natural goodness from oranges, blueberries, carrots, berries, broccoli, and all those other vegetables your mom tried to get you to eat.
Thankfully, these gummies are gluten-free and aren’t even made with gelatin. It’s fruit pectin that gives them a chewy texture. Plus, they are free of artificial flavors, dairy, eggs, peanuts, soy, and yeast.
Users say that they noticed an improvement by the time they finished the bottle. Their skin felt nicer and their nails were stronger.
- Tasty strawberry gummies made with fruit pectin, not gelatin
- Orchard Fruits Garden Veggies Blend plus vitamins A, C, and E
- Each serving has 2500mcg biotin and 300mg collagen for firm skin, strong nails, and shiny hair
- Allergen-free with no artificial flavors
- None, except it’s hard to eat only two per day
HUM Glow Sweet Glow – Skin Hydration Gummy Hearts Supplement
Here are more vegan gummies with skin moisturizers like vitamins C and E, hyaluronic acid, and Amla fruit. Take them daily and expect to see an improvement within 4 to 6 weeks.
The formula is free of GMOs, gluten, soy, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. It includes only clinically proven components that lead to healthy, glowing skin. The gummies stimulate collagen production and help the skin retain moisture.
One reviewer was thrilled with the results. She said that her skin looks like she had on highlighter although she wasn’t wearing makeup.
On the downside, if you users were concerned that the gummies were triggering acne breakouts. This is a common side effect of vitamins with a high amount of biotin, but that’s not one of the ingredients listed on the label.
- Vegan gummies with natural flavoring
- Two gummies per day provide vitamins C, E, hyaluronic acid, and Amla fruit to stimulate collagen production and keep the skin hydrated
- No allergens or artificial additives
- Some users had an increase in acne – reason unknown
Tropical Oasis Women’s Premium Liquid Multivitamin, Superfood, Herbal Blend
If you’ve never considered liquid vitamins, now is the time. Did you know that they absorb significantly faster and more efficiently than pills or capsules? They don’t have to be digested to start working.
So, that’s the first point in favor of this multivitamin. Still, there’s more to love. It’s made for women who want extra energy and less stress. It contains Dong Quai that provides relief from PMS symptoms, too.
Next, the formula features 110 ingredients ranging from vitamins and colloidal minerals to herbs and amino acids. There are sixteen botanicals including superfoods like grapeseed, ginseng, and cranberry. Please boost the immune system and keep the body young with plenty of antioxidants.
Thankfully, there are no artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, or gluten in the bottle. The product is cold-water processed and never exposed to high temperatures that could lessen its potency.
Mature reviewers love these drops because they provide a little extra energy and condition the body from the inside out. The liquid blends well with smoothies, juices, water, or yogurt.
- Fast-absorbing liquid multivitamin with herbs specifically for women
- Provides energy support, relief from PMS, and lowers stress
- May boost the immune system and keep the body young
- Gluten-free and no artificial flavors, preservatives, or colors
- None, although the formula isn’t specifically just for dry skin
8Greens Skin + Marine Collagen for Beautiful Skin – Effervescent Super Greens Dietary Supplement
Remember that commercial jingle that went, “plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is?” Well, these are effervescent vitamins that fizz in water or other beverages. They provide relief, eventually, from dry skin, brittle nails, and thin hair.
The formula features marine collagen, biotin, and eight essential greens. It includes kale, broccoli, aloe, spinach, green tea, and more natural goodness for the body. Therefore, it’s absolutely overflowing with vitamins.
A single tablet has as much vitamin A as eating 10 cups of broccoli. There’s the same amount of vitamin C as there is in 25 stalks of celery. And you’d have to eat 187 pounds of salmon to get the same amount of biotin.
Meanwhile, marine collagen provides essential peptides for rebuilding the skin, hair, and nails. It’s derived from wild-caught cod.
Even with all these nutrients, each serving is only 10 calories and free from preservatives, gluten, sugar, and dairy.
Users say that taking it in the afternoon provides the energy to finish up the day. It’s helped their digestion and cleared their skin.
- Effervescent tablets with an impressive amount of biotin, collagen, zinc, and vitamins A and C
- Low-calorie with no sugar, gluten, preservatives, or dairy
- Improves skin, hair, and nails as well as energy levels and digestion
- You’ll need a beverage to dissolve the tablet
Solgar Collagen Hyaluronic Acid Complex
Solgar has been in business for seven decades. They manufacture supplements in small batches and run them through extensive testing. Their facility has both air and water purification systems. Furthermore, they package in recyclable and recycled glass bottles.
If you’re open to taking supplements that aren’t exactly vitamins, check out this skin hydrating powerhouse. It focuses on hyaluronic acid with vitamin C for beautiful skin and flexible joints.
Yes, you can take hyaluronic acid by mouth to moisturize your skin. In a twelve-week human clinical study, this supplement noticeably reduced lines and wrinkles on the face and improved the skin’s elasticity. Reviewers have noted that the supplement helps with everything from dry hair and skin to brittle nails and dry eyes.
However, there is a downside. These pills are enormous. Some reviewers had great difficulty in swallowing them.
- Potent skin moisturizing complex that also improves dry eyes and brittle nails
- Based on hyaluronic acid with vitamin C to stimulate collagen
- Clinically proven in a twelve-week human trial
- Very large pills that are challenging to swallow
If your moisturizer isn’t making a difference and you’re already drinking as much water as you can handle, maybe it’s time to try vitamins for dry skin. Once the body has enough vitamins B, C, D, and E, it’s easier to keep the skin hydrated.
We hope our reviews helped you discover your new favorite multivitamin or supplement today. If so, please tell us about your experience in the comments below.
1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK532266/ Sizar O, Khare S, Goyal A, et al. Vitamin D Deficiency. [Updated 2021 Jul 21]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2021 Jan, accessed August 24, 2021
2. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27462385/ Stephens TJ, Sigler ML, Hino PD, Moigne AL, Dispensa L. A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Clinical Trial Evaluating an Oral Anti-aging Skin Care Supplement for Treating Photodamaged Skin. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2016 Apr;9(4):25-32. Epub 2016 Apr 1. PMID: 27462385; PMCID: PMC4898581, accessed August 24, 2021